Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

On a terrible streak

Wow, I am 2-8 in my last ten, 7-13 in the last 20 --- and lucky to be hanging onto 11th spot, after climbing to 8. I am further behind the leaders though...by a ton. But seriously? 2-8? I don't think I've ever had a "Jack White" like that in this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    <snip>But seriously? 2-8? I don't think I've ever had a "Jack White" like that in this stuff...
    Then you haven't been playing this "stuff" long enough.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Wow, I am 2-8 in my last ten, 7-13 in the last 20 --- and lucky to be hanging onto 11th spot, after climbing to 8. I am further behind the leaders though...by a ton. But seriously? 2-8? I don't think I've ever had a "Jack White" like that in this stuff...
    I've had two positive days (and they totaled only +750) since 2/6.

On all other days since then, I am 26-37-1 for -7350!!!!!

Talk about a protracted slump!

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Then you haven't been playing this "stuff" long enough.

- Chillin
    Hah, I used to be good at this...I've got my head above water in actual real dollar wagering...not by much, but in the black....but then again, I used to follow it a lot closer...than I do now, and I bet more often now (albeit phony money). (this might explain the slump).

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    You've had a wonderful contest, duketaylor. I remember when you were struggling in the red for a couple of weeks there. Way to build all the way up to 2nd place!
    Appreciate the kudos! I went and looked at my picks profile and noticed I was better at ATS vs. O/U, and adjusted my wagering; I'm currently 50% with O/U and 65% ATS. Tonight I had UVA (covered) for $500 and the under (loss) for $200. Fits my betting profile. All the while I was out from watching the game and thinking I bet the over, sheesh.

Postnote: Watching Texas Tech clobber Texas, making our W against them that much more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Appreciate the kudos! I went and looked at my picks profile and noticed I was better at ATS vs. O/U, and adjusted my wagering; I'm currently 50% with O/U and 65% ATS. Tonight I had UVA (covered) for $500 and the under (loss) for $200. Fits my betting profile. All the while I was out from watching the game and thinking I bet the over, sheesh.

Postnote: Watching Texas Tech clobber Texas, making our W against them that much more impressive.
    That is a side effect of being a degenerate. Sometimes you forget what you bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    That is a side effect of being a degenerate. Sometimes you forget what you bet!
    True sign of degeneracy. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    True sign of degeneracy. 😎
    Totally guilty as charged!!

I'm locked in for tonight. Trying to climb back into the black as part of my last-ditch effort to show my face in the Top-10 before season's end.

Does ACCT count for this contest? Or do we declare the winner this weekend?

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    I'm locked in for tonight. Trying to climb back into the black as part of my last-ditch effort to show my face in the Top-10 before season's end.

Does ACCT count for this contest? Or do we declare the winner this weekend?

- Chillin
    End date is March 19. Seems like that includes the ACC tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    End date is March 19. Seems like that includes the ACC tournament.
    With my last three weeks as evidence, I may not make it that long.

I haven't made any bets in a long time, and have been dropping in the rankings quickly. I'm kind of ashamed to admit it but I'm bummed out and I'm struggling with my enthusiasm for this season after the loss to the cheats. Seeing us get destroyed by them in Cameron after losing Zion has had me in a huge huge funk, and losing to VT made it worse. I've avoided looking at the contest standings, figuring that I would pay the price for being a spoiled fan, and my only hope being that the folks above me would revert to the mean while I was away. Unfortunately for me y'all look like you're doing quite well, so I need to get over this. I'm hoping for a dramatic Zion reappearance followed by some vengeance this weekend. Probably too late to salvage a top three finish in this contest, but it would do my soul a world of good.

One more full round of games left in the regular season, then the tourney. I'm gonna play every game, every bet. Plenty of time to crash and burn.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    One more full round of games left in the regular season, then the tourney. I'm gonna play every game, every bet. Plenty of time to crash and burn.
    Follow my lead, buddy!

I went 2-1 (+450) yesterday. I took Clemson (-4) over Notre Dame in today's action.
    Bob Green

AlertAlertAlertAlertAlertAlertAlert

I
    am
    in
    the

The Alert is over. Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been told which bookie to visit.

-Jason "the contest has seen some wild, wild swings this year... only proves the old adage, 'You are never out of it if you are truly degenerate' " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Oh My!!

What happened? I lost 3 bets last night and took the lead!!!??? Say it ain't so.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    What happened? I lost 3 bets last night and took the lead!!!??? Say it ain't so.
    What happened is that I completed my EPIC flame out and have exited the bldg.

Don't cry for me DBR.

I'm not gonna bet anymore!

Or maybe I might bet a little! Or maybe a ton! Kinda like Zion's gonna play! Or Not! Dadgummit, I'm not sure, we'll just have to see. hate to be a tease.

not sure, yet. Bought a bunch of silver today, love it! I love to gamble! I don't have a big enough lead to not play, so...

There's one game tomorrow. Weird to have a Friday game.

Miami at VT. Haven't seen a line yet. Probably VT -10 points, O/U about 132. Just a guess.