Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 748
  1. #641
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Bob, you scare me. I greatly respect NYBri, too, but I think I'd rather have Bri on top of the leaderboard than Mr. Bob Green. Gaining on you is like pulling teeth.
    Thank you for the compliment. I'll be taking a hard look at the numbers for Saturday's games in an attempt to put some distance between myself and NYBri. One thing is for sure, NYBri will be coming after me guns blazing.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  2. #642
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Thank you for the compliment. I'll be taking a hard look at the numbers for Saturday's games in an attempt to put some distance between myself and NYBri. One thing is for sure, NYBri will be coming after me guns blazing.
    You are having a phenomenal season...that percentage...man. I mean, compared to some you're not a high volume bettor - but you're not low volume either. Fantastic performance.

    Meanwhile, I am shocked I dropped only to 11th. I have been on this terrible cold streak for a full week since cracking the top 8. Maybe I'm due a few breaks.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  3. #643
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morganton, NC
    As I fade into oblivion- I salute all above me in the standings ( which is pretty much all )-especially Bob and NY Bri- well done gentlemen !

  4. #644
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Thank you for the compliment. I'll be taking a hard look at the numbers for Saturday's games in an attempt to put some distance between myself and NYBri. One thing is for sure, NYBri will be coming after me guns blazing.
    Different approaches. I try to make every bet. I feel if you’re going to play, you play every game, every bet. It’s what the teams do. They can’t pick and chose which teams they play and which ones count. Duke could say, “We’re not gonna play UVA or The Cheats. We will only play sure things. BC and Wake.” I think if you want the title of picking ACC games, you pick all of them and not avoid the “tough” calls.

    But, that’s not in our rules, so I am not complaining. If Bob Green wins with 50 wagers out of 250 possible, I say, “Congrats.”

    That said, Bob is right. I’m coming after the title and I won’t be deciding on which bets i’m Going to make, but how i’m going to wager on every bet. Different approach. 😎

  5. #645
    Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Wow, UNC only a -4 point favorite at Clemson. Upset alert!
    That is a sharp comment, my friend, despite you being in the red -$3000 for this contest thus far.

    This strikes me as a "Pros vs Joes" game where the Pros/Books* are on Clemson and the Joes are on UNC.

    I decided to be a Joe on this one. UNC -4 for me.

    * The sportsbooks are essentially on Clemson in this game by hanging this -4 number. They know the public will flood them with UNC -4 bets.

  6. #646
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Different approaches. I try to make every bet. I feel if you’re going to play, you play every game, every bet. It’s what the teams do. They can’t pick and chose which teams they play and which ones count. Duke could say, “We’re not gonna play UVA or The Cheats. We will only play sure things. BC and Wake.” I think if you want the title of picking ACC games, you pick all of them and not avoid the “tough” calls.

    But, that’s not in our rules, so I am not complaining. If Bob Green wins with 50 wagers out of 250 possible, I say, “Congrats.”

    That said, Bob is right. I’m coming after the title and I won’t be deciding on which bets i’m Going to make, but how i’m going to wager on every bet. Different approach. 😎
    After taking the week off after yet another mediocre day (-50) on Monday, I'm all in again today.

    It's hard to believe I was over 5,000 at one point this season, even topped off at 3rd place mid-day one day.

    I have said it before: I am really really mediocre at this thing. I've even given up my position as the o/u king!


    Maybe today will be different. There's 5,000 on the line!

    Two bets of interest: I took UNC to cover -4 measly points. An I took Duke to not cover 16.5 massive points. I hope I get both bets wrong. GTHC and rot...

  7. #647
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    After taking the week off after yet another mediocre day (-50) on Monday, I'm all in again today.

    It's hard to believe I was over 5,000 at one point this season, even topped off at 3rd place mid-day one day.

    I have said it before: I am really really mediocre at this thing. I've even given up my position as the o/u king!


    Maybe today will be different. There's 5,000 on the line!

    Two bets of interest: I took UNC to cover -4 measly points. An I took Duke to not cover 16.5 massive points. I hope I get both bets wrong. GTHC and rot...
    I am staying away from the UNCheats v Clemson game. Otherwise all in. Going bold on our Devils, betting they cover and taking the over. Go Duke!

  8. #648
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    In the NCSU at FSU game, I bet the Over at 152.5 but only 151 points were scored so I am off to a -550 start today.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  9. #649
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    In the NCSU at FSU game, I bet the Over at 152.5 but only 151 points were scored so I am off to a -550 start today.
    I was soo close to 4-0, but 3-1 on the day, +950

    From the early going, it looks like i will be a complete whiff on the UVA game. I took UVA -17 and over 125. I got sucked in off of their last romp.

    ETA: Maybe spoke to soon. UVA just scored 7-2 in the last minute to go up by 8 and take the pace from 84 pts for the game total to 112!

    Wake up UVA!!!!! Wahoo! (that is of course if they aren't going to lose, which would be preferable)

  10. #650
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    I wanted UVA in a blowout but came in just before the game and the line was gone. So I took Duke in a blowout - looking for a rout in this one.

    Haven't been as active as I'd like this year. But still trying to play with you big dogs.

    - Chillin

  11. #651
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    I'll take that. 6 out of 10 and still dowwwwwwwwn.

    - Chillin

  12. #652
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    I'm proud to say I was 1-4 in my picks for the day. But sadly, I was not the first to bust out of the contest this year. If you ain't last, yer first. Dadgummit! But I'll still go for 2nd man out, and my losing percentage is solid!

  13. #653
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Trying to continue to build steam!!! Had a decent Saturday, would've been huge til unc failed to cover late. Late in that one I hoped for OT, so I could either cover or Klemson would just win. Klemson continues to disappoint. Go figure, big surprise.

  14. #654
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    A bad Saturday going 1-3 (-1150) results in my stay atop the standings being short lived. Oh well, today is a new day.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  15. #655
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    A bad Saturday going 1-3 (-1150) results in my stay atop the standings being short lived. Oh well, today is a new day.
    Still, 64% is frickin’ impressive. 😎

  16. #656
    Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Trying to continue to build steam!!! Had a decent Saturday, would've been huge til unc failed to cover late. Late in that one I hoped for OT, so I could either cover or Klemson would just win. Klemson continues to disappoint. Go figure, big surprise.
    You've had a wonderful contest, duketaylor. I remember when you were struggling in the red for a couple of weeks there. Way to build all the way up to 2nd place!

  17. #657
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    I won 500 with Louisville (-8.5) beating Notre Dame 75-61. Now I need Georgia Tech (-1.5) to take care of business at home against Boston College.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  18. #658
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I won 500 with Louisville (-8.5) beating Notre Dame 75-61. Now I need Georgia Tech (-1.5) to take care of business at home against Boston College.
    Nice. I took the under at 136.5. They totaled 136. So much craziness in this degeneracy.

  19. #659
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    GT wins by 3 points so I go 2-0 (+1,000) today. On to Monday...
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  20. #660
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    UVA at Syracuse? Another tough call. I'm taking the 'cuse and the points. And going over. Just because.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 12-30-2018, 01:26 PM
  2. NCAA Tournament picking contest- Degenerate Gamblers allowed!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-03-2018, 05:27 PM
  3. ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers allowed!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 10:04 AM
  4. Pre-ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 05:09 PM
  5. ACC picking contest?
    By rasputin in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2017, 03:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •