Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 561
  1. #41
    I am a rookie to this contest, and I'm a little surprised how many bets are the 500 bets. I hedge it a lot more than that...500 if I feel strongly, 100 if I'm just rolling the dice, and everything in between. But who knows, my strategy may fail and I may have to start going in with more 500 point shots. Especially if Fish has many more thousand point games...
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Finally, the time has come that I can make multiple bets and actually be engaged in all the games I'm betting on. Acc play, a welcome sight.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I am a rookie to this contest, and I'm a little surprised how many bets are the 500 bets. I hedge it a lot more than that...500 if I feel strongly, 100 if I'm just rolling the dice, and everything in between. But who knows, my strategy may fail and I may have to start going in with more 500 point shots. Especially if Fish has many more thousand point games...
    After flaming out wildly the first year we did this (two years ago?), I decide to pull the old War Games route: the only winning move is not to play. Rather than bog up the leader board with weekly zeros, I check in at the end of the season to see how my strategy worked.

    *shrugs* I'm not a full blown degenerate for this game I suppose.

    Have fun, all! Keep my seat warm.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Oh man! I am completely winning the race to the bottom with a 1-5 morning session and -900 on the day for my efforts. Missed one of the o/u by 1 pt (as if that would have made a difference! Completely in last place already.

    GT looks poised to get back 400 of it for me with the over and -7.5. Over already a win and GT is up 11 with 0:54 remaining.

    I am really, really bad at this.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    I was robbed! 10:30 last night I submitted a boatload of picks. Covers ignored me. Of course, system error. No way I did anything wrong at 10:30 on a Friday night. 😬

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Oh man! I am completely winning the race to the bottom with a 1-5 morning session and -900 on the day for my efforts. Missed one of the o/u by 1 pt (as if that would have made a difference! Completely in last place already.

    GT looks poised to get back 400 of it for me with the over and -7.5. Over already a win and GT is up 11 with 0:54 remaining.

    I am really, really bad at this.
    And Jason "I am just as bad at this as is BandAlum83" Evans shoves past me on his way to the basement!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I was robbed! 10:30 last night I submitted a boatload of picks. Covers ignored me. Of course, system error. No way I did anything wrong at 10:30 on a Friday night. 😬
    I shoulda been so lucky...I totally misread the tea leaves on Cheat-Pitt...so I deserved that pain...but I had the other games nailed, and while I won them all against the spread, lost the two OU's by a point each basically. Neither ND nor BC managed to score anything in the final minute and a half...against defenses that were not going to risk a foul. With 2 minutes to go, I thought I was golden. Uh, no....revenge of the gamblin gods!!!!!
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Wow, was up over 1,000 but FSUís stinker really tanked me. Need the Devils to cover and hit the over, or itís gonna be ugly.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    I have Clemson +16, and over 151.5.

    I feel pretty good about the over, but not so sure Duke wonít cover.

    What do yíall have?

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    What do yíall have?
    I have over 151.5 points.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Virginia plays ugly. Sheesh.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I have over 151.5 points.
    VRANK SAVED US!

    (3 ACC games were almost spot on the OU line today)
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    I vote for ending the contest now.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I vote for ending the contest now.
    Heck, the previous contest doesn't even end until Monday :-).

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Only one game today, Miami v Louisville. O/U at 142.5.

    Did Miami stop playing defense? 😁

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I vote for ending the contest now.
    I'm with you! 4-0, +2000, 2nd Place...pretty easy to go down from here.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nashville
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Only one game today, Miami v Louisville. O/U at 142.5.

    Did Miami stop playing defense? 😁
    o/u now at 138.5, both teams are pushing 80 pts a game. I took the over on that pretty happily.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    o/u now at 138.5, both teams are pushing 80 pts a game. I took the over on that pretty happily.
    I got in on the over at 136.

    Is there something going on we donít know about?

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Have fun, all! Keep my seat warm.
    Dude, I'd have to climb a ladder now to reach your seat....yesterday I just missed the zeitgeist of two games badly...then on the other four, I had rotten luck. Lost a few OUs by nothing, and as luck would have it, I lost on the 400-500 bets and won the 100-200 bets. I'm as upside down as a 72 month lease on a 94 Corolla....
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nashville
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I got in on the over at 136.

    Is there something going on we donít know about?
    Guess not, they're at 112 with 11 minutes to go. Must be people were thinking they were feasting on cupcakes, forgetting that they're each still playing a not so good team tonight.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 12-30-2018, 02:26 PM
  2. NCAA Tournament picking contest- Degenerate Gamblers allowed!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-03-2018, 06:27 PM
  3. ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers allowed!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 11:04 AM
  4. Pre-ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 06:09 PM
  5. ACC picking contest?
    By rasputin in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2017, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •