Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Louisville hosts Clemson on Saturday. The advanced metrics folks** would make the Cards about a 5 or 6 point favorite in that game.

So, will anyone bet on the Ville or will you, like me, expect them to be a broken shell of a team? I know one thing, the number of points in the line is utterly irrelevant. Louisville will either come out fired up and angry, in which case they will blow Clemson's doors off, or they will be shell shocked and get hammered. There is no in between after a game like that.

-Jason "**-advanced stats would say last night was a 'good game' for Louisville, a positive result which will enhance their ratings... I think not" Evans
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Agree with you 95% on this...metrics are not relevant here...seems to me that the Cards had gotten over the Florida State debacle...until the Duke debacle came along...now it's cumulative...maybe exponential...emotional damage X 2. Clemson will destroy them if the Cards are still in the dumps. There is a chance, however, if the Cards come out angry and fired up, that a streaking Clemson team would be competitive.
    I think these are right, although the question probably isn't whether the Cards come out strong or not. It's how they react if the game starts getting close and uncle Mo starts to ride with Clemson as the game tightens down the stretch. "Here we go again . . . ."

I took Clemson (-3) over Miami and the Over (122) in Virginia Tech vs Georgia Tech. A couple of wins would be nice to cancel out the two game losing streak I am riding.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Louisville hosts Clemson on Saturday. The advanced metrics folks** would make the Cards about a 5 or 6 point favorite in that game.

So, will anyone bet on the Ville or will you, like me, expect them to be a broken shell of a team? I know one thing, the number of points in the line is utterly irrelevant. Louisville will either come out fired up and angry, in which case they will blow Clemson's doors off, or they will be shell shocked and get hammered. There is no in between after a game like that.

-Jason "**-advanced stats would say last night was a 'good game' for Louisville, a positive result which will enhance their ratings... I think not" Evans
    True test of coaching ability (and calm)...

-jk

I made a few picks at halftime yesterday but don't even remember what they were. Afraid to look.

Wow,

Just wow...I should have just shut it down when I got over +5,000.

covers 2-13.JPG

I am beginning to loathe WFU...they never do what they're supposed to do....18.5 points laid to flaky FSU who never plays well against lower teams...and the Deacs manage to stink it up by 22. I was listening to some of the post game show with Manning (I was driving in Raleigh) - man, what a lame excuse of a coach. Wake is so screwed, and did it to themselves.

Tonight was a bloodbath. Glad I sat it out, looked like a ton of crappy games.

Lots of action tomorrow. I’m betting the ranch. All in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Lots of action tomorrow. I’m betting the ranch. All in.
    ...in other words, just another day with the Fish....

Lines are up, fyi!

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ...in other words, just another day with the Fish...
    True dat

6,000 FMUs on the line for me again today. I have been sinking like the proverbial rock. This week has been killer.

I hope to turn it around today!

I placed five bets on today's action:

1. Virginia Under (123)
    2. Notre Dame (+18.5) - Virginia dominates but does not cover in a low scoring affair.
    3. Louisville (-4.5) - Clemson can't get it done on the road.
    4. FSU (-6) - this one makes me nervous as FSU is as unpredictable as N.C. State (it must be a "State" thing).
    5. Duke Over (159) - that's a lot of points but I'm playing a hunch there is an offensive explosion in Cameron today.
    Bob Green

Full slate. Going down in flames I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    5. Duke Over (159) - that's a lot of points but I'm playing a hunch there is an offensive explosion in Cameron today.
    If NCSU plays their usual style, there's almost no way the game doesn't go over. Y'all might remember the UNC 113 - NCSU 96 game from a week or so ago.

Now, Keatts probably scouted UNC as a team that he could run with and still have a chance to win. I'm not so sure he scouts Duke and reaches the same conclusion.

Bets like these on the Over/Under are always interesting because you're essentially putting yourself in the coaches' shoes and trying to figure out what they will do.

1. Virginia Under (123)
    2. Notre Dame (+18.5) - Virginia dominates but does not cover in a low scoring affair.
    4. FSU (-6) - this one makes me nervous as FSU is as unpredictable as N.C. State (it must be a "State" thing).
    I don't bet O/U this year. Sorry Bob, before seeing your post I also picked Notre Dame, Louisville, and FSU ATS. I'm getting about 70% wrong, so if I can keep it up, I should be able to bust out of the contest today with fewer than 20 picks made. I'm at 13 and picked 6 more games today. I hope I pull it off. You gotta be exceptional at something! I'm picking the games as I see them playing out based on matchups, coaching, etc. But watch out - next year I'm going to try flipping all my picks before I submit them.

1. Virginia Under (123)
    I placed 12 bets today, and 5 of them were these exact bets. Are you cheating off my play sheet, Bob?

All in. 6,000 FMU’s.

I took Duke and the over. I’m also expecting an offensive explosion, but more so from us.

Glancing at the leader board, I thought I was the leader in ties at 3. But looking at the full list, Billv47 has 4 ties. Congrats Billv47!

Clemson Louisville on a definite "under" pace through the first TV TO.

Meanwhile, Danny's disasters have posted a goose egg 5 minutes in, down 12-0 to the cheats.
    Last edited by HereBeforeCoachK; 02-16-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Will they fire Danny at halftime...

Shades of Carl Franks....Wake getting spanked 32-7. They've packed it in for the season, it would appear.