Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Betting the farm today. Time to poo or get off the pot.

HAH!

NCSU vs PITT? I've been burned by both every time. How do I pick one?

I've been thinking Duke 68-65, So I took Duke and the under.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    HAH!

NCSU vs PITT? I've been burned by both every time. How do I pick one?
    There is a tried-and-true rule to never bet on State. It also may help you to know that I bet on State today. Make of that information what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Betting the farm today. Time to poo or get off the pot.
    6,000 FMUs on the line today!

Did UNC score their weekly allotment of points against NCSU? Pathetic 1st half showing against Miami thus far. I can see them costing me 1100 FMUs today

Did UNC score their weekly allotment of points against NCSU? Pathetic 1st half showing against Miami thus far. I can see them costing me 1100 FMUs today
    You and me both....

The Duke line is moving a lot. It opened at 2, went up to 2.5 as the sharps started betting UVA, and has now gone down to 1.5 as the late money is coming in on Duke. I hoped to get the 2.5, but ended up betting my Devils at just 1.5.

Doesn't matter. We ain't gonna need any points today.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Halftime: Clemson 33, VT 29. This has been a good game.
    Bob Green

Clemson wins (59-51) and covers so that it is 500 fake $$ for me.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Clemson wins (59-51) and covers so that it is 500 fake $$ for me.
    I dropped 1100 on that game. Overtime bailed me out on the UNC game to at least hit the over

State - Pitt has turned into a second half track meet. Bad news if you had the under, like me. The spread is hover right around the push line right now. I have state -2.5

And ... OT in Talahassee gets me the over.

+1,500 fake $$ for me today as I improve to 25-11.
    Bob Green

Time to brag a little (cause I have had nothing to brag about thus far this season)...

On January 19th I stood on the precipice of elimination. I was negative more than 4700 and one more wrong pick would send me packing. In a year in which just about everyone else was in positive territory, it was positively embarrassing.

Since then I have had 7 positive gambling sessions and only 1 loser. I am now, finally, back above break even thanks to a 6-1 performance today. I've gained 5290 over the past few weeks and am 14 for my past 19 picks. Can you say hot?

I doubt there is enough time to get into the top 5, especially because I am now picking and choosing my big bets, making lots of 200-400 unit wagers and almost no 500 unit big guys (the exact opposite of what I did to get to the bottom of the standings). Still, I feel much better about my ability to survive as a degenerate these days

-Jason "now that I am back in the green, time for a bunch more 500 unit wagers, right? Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Time to brag a little (cause I have had nothing to brag about thus far this season)...

On January 19th I stood on the precipice of elimination. I was negative more than 4700 and one more wrong pick would send me packing. In a year in which just about everyone else was in positive territory, it was positively embarrassing.

Since then I have had 7 positive gambling sessions and only 1 loser. I am now, finally, back above break even thanks to a 6-1 performance today. I've gained 5290 over the past few weeks and am 14 for my past 19 picks. Can you say hot?

I doubt there is enough time to get into the top 5, especially because I am now picking and choosing my big bets, making lots of 200-400 unit wagers and almost no 500 unit big guys (the exact opposite of what I did to get to the bottom of the standings). Still, I feel much better about my ability to survive as a degenerate these days

-Jason "now that I am back in the green, time for a bunch more 500 unit wagers, right? Evans
    Nice work! Your hot streak is hotter than my cold streak, which is hard to do.

The next challenge is consistency - I've been able to replicate my prowess at picking the wrong bet year after year. It's a gift.. (often literally - the gift of pie).

And I've only won one pie. But damn it tasted good.

Keep it up. And long live degeneracy!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

I went 100% BIG yesterday. 500 FMUs everywhere possible.

What a day it was, so may games could have gone wither way for me. Some down to the wire. If this were real money (6,000 FMUs at risk), I think I would have had a heart attack yesterday.

Final results for the day: 3-3 -150 ATS, and 3-3 -150 o/u.

I whole lot of stress to push for the day, and pay 300 FMUs for my entertainment. How on earth can anyone do this professionally?

I have 500 on GT +5.5 tonight and Under 128

Both these squads have been woefully deficient on offense at times this year. I kinda expect a game in the mid-50s to low 60s with neither squad really having the ability to get any separation.

Of course, I'll probably end up -50 on the evening.

ETA: In response, Jason, I didn't provide you kudos for your rise from the basement because I called it out last week. Some have noticed...

ETA(2): I notice no one ahead of me has placed a wager for this evening as of 6:01 so I have the potential, with a double win for me tonight, of gaining 1,000 on the leaders and moving into... 4th place, right where I already am!

ETA(3): NYBri is directly behind me in the rankings and bet exactly the opposite of me. We could woosh right past each other as I move down and he moves up, or he could fall significantly behind me. Will be interesting to see, although I don't know how much he wagered on each.
    Last edited by BandAlum83; 02-10-2019 at 06:05 PM.

ETA(2): I notice no one ahead of me has placed a wager for this evening as of 6:01 so I have the potential, with a double win for me tonight, of gaining 1,000 on the leaders and moving into... 4th place, right where I already am!
    I couldn’t make heads or tails of this game because both teams suck and are coming off really bad losses. The o/u seems criminally low but damn both teams have shown an inability to score.

Plus, got back into town late and did not get a chance to throw random darts, which is what my bets would have been.
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 02-10-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I couldn’t make heads or tails of this game because both teams suck and are coming off really bad losses. The o/u seems criminally low but damn both teams have shown an inability to score.

Plus, got back into town late and did not get a chance to throw random darts, which is what my bets would have been.
    Well, it is halftime now, and a whopping 49 total points have been scored. GT is up by 1 (no separation). 79 points will have to be scored in the second half for me to lose my o/u 128. Highly doubtful based on the first half performance, but it happens!
    I'm feeling pretty good about my wager right now and pretty glad the you got back into town late!

Degenerates can't afford to take Mondays off!

Well, it is halftime now, and a whopping 49 total points have been scored. GT is up by 1 (no separation). 79 points will have to be scored in the second half for me to lose my o/u 128. Highly doubtful based on the first half performance, but it happens!
    I'm feeling pretty good about my wager right now and pretty glad the you got back into town late!

Degenerates can't afford to take Mondays off!
    And . . . They scored 79 in the second half.

It is uncanny how well Vegas and the market set the o/u. It’s killed me all year.