Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I am the o/u king *cough cough*

I just may avoid betting ATS this weekend to see how it goes.
    Ill-advised. I thought we covered this already?

O/U’s are all pretty high. Likely to come down overnight.

I placed two bets first thing this morning and I'm going to watch how the Over/Under numbers move on a couple games before deciding which way to go if at all.

1. N.C. State (-2.5) over Virginia Tech. This is a double gamble. One, will Tech's Justin Robinson play? The Hokies are a much better team with him (Captain Obvious statement). Two, will State have a complete mental meltdown after coming up short against Virginia? I'm gambling the answer to both questions is no.

2. Louisville (+1.5) over Carolina. How is Carolina favored in this game? Louisville won by 21 points in Chapel Hill. It feels like there is something I am overlooking. Do the Cardinals have a hurt player?

And to disprove those who claim I am not a degenerate, the last two times I bet a State game I lost but I am betting the State game again. I'm not sure this proves I am degenerate perhaps it proves I am stupid.
    Bob Green

14 wagers today. All in! 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I placed two bets first thing this morning and I'm going to watch how the Over/Under numbers move on a couple games before deciding which way to go if at all.

1. N.C. State (-2.5) over Virginia Tech. This is a double gamble. One, will Tech's Justin Robinson play? The Hokies are a much better team with him (Captain Obvious statement). Two, will State have a complete mental meltdown after coming up short against Virginia? I'm gambling the answer to both questions is no.

2. Louisville (+1.5) over Carolina. How is Carolina favored in this game? Louisville won by 21 points in Chapel Hill. It feels like there is something I am overlooking. Do the Cardinals have a hurt player?

And to disprove those who claim I am not a degenerate, the last two times I bet a State game I lost but I am betting the State game again. I'm not sure this proves I am degenerate perhaps it proves I am stupid.
    I’ll say it for the board: betting on the Pack is, by definition, an act of incredible degeneracy. (I took VT but that will be a bad bet if Robinson is scratched. I think the Pack are going to have a big let-down although personally will be pulling for the Pack over the Turkeys).

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    14 wagers today. All in! 😎
    You, sir, take degeneracy to a whole different level today. I subscribe to the volume bet theory, but can’t make heads or tails of today’s lot. I put in two bets just to do it really, and may add another after the beer starts flowing in the Old Phicus household.

^^ after responding to NYBri, I was ashamed of my lack of degeneracy. So I went and bet a full slate (I think I got everything) although bet less money than usual. Will probably be a wash at best, with the vig costing me.

Still, I gotta find something interesting in ND @ BC and such, amIright?

Not to be outdone by Mr NY Brie aka cheese, I’m in for 12 bets and 6,000 FMUs. Go big or go home, maybe both.
    Last edited by Fish80; 02-02-2019 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Math

Did we receive a waiver to bet on Duke St John's?

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Did we receive a waiver to bet on Duke St John's?

- Chillin
    Yes. Twice!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Yes. Twice!

-jk
    Well in that case, I'm locked in!!!

Oh, by the way, I joined the contest.

- Chillin

I didn't go full degenerate today.

& o/u bets and 2 against the spread. All in on each.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post

Oh, by the way, I joined the contest.

- Chillin
    Welcome to the fray!

p.s. When you find yourself rooting for Carolina to make a basket, it is all Jason's fault.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’ll say it for the board: betting on the Pack is, by definition, an act of incredible degeneracy. (I took VT but that will be a bad bet if Robinson is scratched. I think the Pack are going to have a big let-down although personally will be pulling for the Pack over the Turkeys).
    https://www.roanoke.com/sports/justi...8d9be03df.html

Justin Robinson will not play today.
    Bob Green

Things that stood out to me today:

1 - NEVER bet on state
    2 - o/u of 136 on GT-FSU was appealing. I think that's going to be a super ugly game
    3 - BC strikes me as a team showing signs of life somehow. ND does not strike me that way.
    4 - I'm with Bob, shocked to see the cheats favored at the Yum. Louisville, in the immortal words of Matt Christensen, HAS ENERGY
    5 - I'm joining the "take the under if UVA is playing" crowd
    6 - I think Syracuse is easily more than 3 points better than Pitt. They have heart, but they're already crumbling under the weight of the ACC this year
    7 - feeling good about a Duke win, but not 17 points good

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    https://www.roanoke.com/sports/justi...8d9be03df.html

Justin Robinson will not play today.
    well crap. now I have to hope for a Ewing effect game.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    well crap. now I have to hope for a Ewing effect game.
    I took NCSU in this because I figured Robinson would not play. It was one of the 2 ATS I played.

But I just got sucked in thinking about it and played 2 more ATS:

I took UNC. They have really been putting it all together lately and seem to be playing well. I’m sure that want revenge for the blowout.

I also took BC. ND just has not looked good a all. I don’t know if Mike Brey can get them out of their downward spiral.

I won’t touch the huge spreads on the Duke game or UVA games, and Pitt has burned me too many times this year.

So that brings me to 11 plays out of 14 possible.

3/4 degenerate?

Also, this is posted from my phone. Please forgive any typos and/or auto corrections. I really don’t feel like proofreading this morning.

Welcome, Chillin' and richardjackson, to degeneracy!

it's amazing how often the o/u result comes down to ultra garbage time with some teams not even bothering to shoot with their last possession (e.g. Duke).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    it's amazing how often the o/u result comes down to ultra garbage time with some teams not even bothering to shoot with their last possession (e.g. Duke).
    Exactly. And huge spreads are difficult either way. If the lead gets really big early, K slows the game down. It can affect the spread and the o/u also.

How will a losing team react late in a game? I can’t remember who it was, but in a different conference this year a team was down like 30, but turned it up late to lose by only 8. The game was never in doubt, but I guess their pride and the other teams scrubs kicked in.

Non degenerates and the professionals know what games to stay away from. I may know what o stay away from, but don’t. That’s why I NEVER bet sports in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Welcome, Chillin' and richardjackson, to degeneracy!
    Thanks! Remind me, how many negative points does it take to get kicked out of the contest? Was it -5000? Just curious.

After proposing about 6 pie bets in a row giving opportunities to take Duke, I got no action. Degeneracy just hasn't been the same since JasonEvans Mrs. cut him off from pie. So fake internet point bragging rights it is.

And I don't think it's Tilt Chillin. I've only lost one pie for the 2018-2019 season, to Kaze. Long way to go to see what happens for our bet. I'll start worrying when Duke start recruiting another point guard.

When a poker player is on Tilt, everybody is trying to play a hand with him. But nobody else is taking my pie bet offers, so I still have chips to play with.

Good luck today fellow degenerates!

Joe Q.