Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 748
  1. #321
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Old Phikus is doing pretty good ATS. I'm number 2 at the O/U and el stinko ATS. Is there a way for me to see what the Phikus bets ATS so I can ride his (or her?) coattails?

    Sadly, nothing to bet today or tomorrow. I will stay in the negative cellar until Saturday.
    I may change my name to Old Ficus

  2. #322
    How's my "not participating" gambit going? What place am I in, with a balance of zero?

  3. #323
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    How's my "not participating" gambit going? What place am I in, with a balance of zero?
    You would be #18 out of 25, so not too well. It's not too late to join!

  4. #324
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I will revert to norm soon, then sink below it. Likely by the end of the weekend.
    Old Fikus is doing a good job with his reverse self-jinxing. His self deprecation effectively keeping him in the lead. Admirable strategy indeed, but don't think we don't see what you're doing!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  5. #325
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Old Fikus is doing a good job with his reverse self-jinxing. His self deprecation effectively keeping him in the lead. Admirable strategy indeed, but don't think we don't see what you're doing!
    The key to happiness is low expectations. Every result beyond them is gravy.

  6. #326
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    We're all just lucky that Bob Green is apparently on limited minutes and only betting occasionally.
    Thanks for the compliment. I'm of the opinion my high winning percentage and low number of bets are directly related. I only wager when the numbers seem favorable.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  7. #327
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. I'm of the opinion my high winning percentage and low number of bets are directly related. I only wager when the numbers seem favorable.
    Mr. Chairman,

    I'd like to move that Mr. Bob Green be ejected from the contest for behavior contradictory to the charter of this fine club.

    Clearly, Mr. Green is not a degenerate!

  8. #328
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Thus spoke Jason...

    -jk
    Thanks, -jk. I missed that.

  9. #329
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Mr. Chairman,

    I'd like to move that Mr. Bob Green be ejected from the contest for behavior contradictory to the charter of this fine club.

    Clearly, Mr. Green is not a degenerate!
    Motion to strike, your honor. Mr. Green, by very example of his behavior contradictory to our degeneracy, is a constant reminder that we are in fact and in practice degenerates.

  10. #330
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Motion to strike, your honor. Mr. Green, by very example of his behavior contradictory to our degeneracy, is a constant reminder that we are in fact and in practice degenerates.
    I don't come to this fine establishment to be reminded of my degeneracy, nor is it Mr. Green's job to remind me of such.

    It is, and ever shall be, Mrs. BandAlum83's job. A job to which she is greatly committed and for which she is greatly passionate!

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I don't come to this fine establishment to be reminded of my degeneracy, nor is it Mr. Green's job to remind me of such.

    It is, and ever shall be, Mrs. BandAlum83's job. A job to which she is greatly committed and for which she is greatly passionate!
    There is nothing wrong with passionate.

  12. #332
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Mr. Chairman,

    I'd like to move that Mr. Bob Green be ejected from the contest for behavior contradictory to the charter of this fine club.

    Clearly, Mr. Green is not a degenerate!
    Iím impressed with planned degeneracy aforethought.

  13. #333
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I may change my name to Old Ficus
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  14. #334
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The larger my bald spot grows, the more that looks like a self portrait

  15. #335
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Early spreads are up in Vegas:

    http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...dds/las-vegas/

    Duke -18.5 vs St. John's O/U 160.5
    Louisville -1 vs UNC O/U 157
    NC State -2.5 vs Virginia Tech O/U 154
    Virginia -20 vs Miami O/U 130.5
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  16. #336
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Early spreads are up in Vegas:

    http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...dds/las-vegas/

    Duke -18.5 vs St. John's O/U 160.5
    Louisville -1 vs UNC O/U 157
    NC State -2.5 vs Virginia Tech O/U 154
    Virginia -20 vs Miami O/U 130.5
    Wow, I may take the weekend off.

  17. #337
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Wow, I may take the weekend off.
    State over Virginia Tech looks interesting especially if Tech's Justin Robinson is out.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  18. #338
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    State over Virginia Tech looks interesting especially if Tech's Justin Robinson is out.
    A lot of rumors swirling around. I don't think we can be sure either way.

    If he doesn't play, injuries like this can bring a team together for a game or two, or it could end up a blowout.

    I really think I'll stay away. The leaders may come back to me on these games.

    18.5 and 20 are a lot of points. 160 on the over AND a 18.5 point spread. 90-71? And an over/under 130 with a 20 point spread? 75-55?

    My head may explode.

  19. #339
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    A lot of rumors swirling around. I don't think we can be sure either way.
    I agree wholeheartedly. An internet search turned up zero solid information.



    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    18.5 and 20 are a lot of points. 160 on the over AND a 18.5 point spread. 90-71? And an over/under 130 with a 20 point spread? 75-55?
    These situations are where you need to bet the spread or the O/U but not both. Picking the underdog in those high number spreads is tempting.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  20. #340
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. An internet search turned up zero solid information.





    These situations are where you need to bet the spread or the O/U but not both. Picking the underdog in those high number spreads is tempting.
    I am the o/u king *cough cough*

    I just may avoid betting ATS this weekend to see how it goes.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 12-30-2018, 02:26 PM
  2. NCAA Tournament picking contest- Degenerate Gamblers allowed!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-03-2018, 06:27 PM
  3. ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers allowed!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 11:04 AM
  4. Pre-ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 06:09 PM
  5. ACC picking contest?
    By rasputin in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2017, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •