Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    State beats Clemson but doesn't cover so I fall to 15-4 (5300) for the contest.
    Bob Green

Duke and State both cost me-- have hopes for later games

Quote Originally Posted by du_bb1 View Post
    Duke and State both cost me-- have hopes for later games
    What name are you using on Covers?

Very rough week for me, lost $4600 FMU’s. My slump is as bad as Jack Whites.

Have to throw away my formula and rebuild.
    Last edited by Fish80; 01-27-2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Math

FSU only giving up 3.5 against Miami? Yes please. Both are desperate teams, but FSU is actually decent and has a shot at turning this around, whereas the U has lost 5 of their last 6 and I think we can all agree their year is basically over. The thing that gives me pause is FSU only beat them by 6 at home. They led by 13 with 7 to go and let Miami make a comeback.

Betting on either of these teams makes me queasy, but I think the intangibles favor FSU. Miami is only playing for pride at this point, but FSU is playing for that and a whole lot more. They really ought to come out with fire in their eyes. On the other hand, the pressure might get to them, letting Miami ride a wave of crowd support to a rare feel-good moment. Sheesh, betting is hard, you can make up a scenario to support any conclusion you want. Glad these are just internet points.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    FSU only giving up 3.5 against Miami? Yes please. Both are desperate teams, but FSU is actually decent and has a shot at turning this around, whereas the U has lost 5 of their last 6 and I think we can all agree their year is basically over. The thing that gives me pause is FSU only beat them by 6 at home. They led by 13 with 7 to go and let Miami make a comeback.

Betting on either of these teams makes me queasy, but I think the intangibles favor FSU. Miami is only playing for pride at this point, but FSU is playing for that and a whole lot more. They really ought to come out with fire in their eyes. On the other hand, the pressure might get to them, letting Miami ride a wave of crowd support to a rare feel-good moment. Sheesh, betting is hard, you can make up a scenario to support any conclusion you want. Glad these are just internet points.
    No matter out the outcome, I think you made a sharp handicap here, brlftz

Things tighten. Ups and downs. Much fun. 😎

I’ve hit my high water mark.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’ve hit my high water mark.
    At one point last year I was +15,000...before the fall. Rollercoaster.😎

I'm in for 1,000 fake dollars tonight: Duke (-13.5) and Under 152. My working theory is Notre Dame will struggle to score against our defense.
    Bob Green

Last Monday, I didn't intend on betting but couldn't resist not having action on the only game available (UNC-VaTech) and it cost me. Looks like I'm about to make the same mistake twice :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm in for 1,000 fake dollars tonight: Duke (-13.5) and Under 152. My working theory is Notre Dame will struggle to score against our defense.
    Same basic take here. I had to give 14, but I think with Tre back and a game under his belt to shake off the rust, we'll start to look better. We're due for a good game, right? Everyone but Zion and RJ is slumping, and that CAN'T KEEP HAPPENING. In fact, I suspect, and maybe I'm a delusional optimist, but I think maybe, just maybe, we will be able to break the double digit barrier on 3 point percentage. I'm a crazy dreamer.

But that o/u is pretty high for a conference game. I want to swear o/u off, but it keeps pulling me back in.

Conceptually FMU's are no different than tactile MUs. You just can't use them as legal tender nor roll into little tubes to snort cocaine. This is my main problem with bitcoin.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Conceptually FMU's are no different than tactile MUs. You just can't use them as legal tender nor roll into little tubes to snort cocaine. This is my main problem with bitcoin.
    Which is the problem? Legal tender or little tubes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm with you, but you got slightly better numbers than I did. I'm at Duke -14, and under 151

I'm taking the over, so given my recent track record everybody else should take the under.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I'm taking the over, so given my recent track record everybody else should take the under.
    I'm 22-15 ATS, not a bad high volume number... would have me in the hunt - but 9-15 O/U. That's awful at any volume. I'm retiring from OU...

Hard to believe we shot like that from three, and the under still came in. Great D.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Hard to believe we shot like that from three, and the under still came in. Great D.
    Yeah it's quickly becoming a poorly kept secret that this team plays above average defense, well above average. I haven't seen anyone since Walton who steals shots out of the air, not just merely blocks them but takes the possession away. That's got to be a new statistical catgory, the block/steal, the bleal? If Zion played in Tel Aviv they'd name a missile defense system after him, The Zion Curtain.

I'm going with road favorites tonight: Virginia (-7.5) over N.C. State and Carolina (-10) over Georgia Tech.
    Bob Green