Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Over/Under is currently 140.5 for the UVa at Duke game.
    Seems about right. Really key to the game, can we score enough? I think we can. I think we can.

I jumped on the Over last night at 140.5 which was too soon. The O/U is falling and is 136.5 this morning. I believe this game will be played in the 70s so I'm okay but it sure would've been nice to have waited until this morning.

My going in threshold was 145 -- I told myself yesterday morning that I would bet the Over up to 145 but take the Under starting at 146. My thoughts on how many points will be scored in this game differ drastically from conventional wisdom. I say no way Duke shoots a low percentage on 3 PT FGs two games in a row. Duke 71, UVa 70 would be a great score!

I believe this is why they refer to it as gambling.
    Bob Green

Duke is a 3.5 point favorite... that seems crazy given we have no idea whether Tre will play.

Today could be my swan song in the contest. Need a positive result!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I may be going down in flames today, 4500 FMU's on 9 different bets. I'm taking Duke and the over, thinking we can score even against the pac-man defense.

AND...for the first time in three years, I am not picking Duke to cover.

My fellow sharps in the gambling world are just sick. I can't believe they bet this up to Duke -4.

I understand it, but I just can't agree at this point. I'll have UVA +4 in this contest and hope for a small Duke win.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    AND...for the first time in three years, I am not picking Duke to cover.
    Ditto. I got it at 3.5 and think that is an insane line given that we do not know about Tre. I actually put 300 on UVA... I feel ill. I also bet the over.

-Jason "Duke 72-UVA 70... please" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I’m all in today. Max bet on all games line and the o/u.

6,000 at risk.

I am a degenerate!

Forget baby’s shoes! I got a mortgage to worry about!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I jumped on the Over last night at 140.5 which was too soon. The O/U is falling and is 136.5 this morning. I believe this game will be played in the 70s so I'm okay but it sure would've been nice to have waited until this morning.

My going in threshold was 145 -- I told myself yesterday morning that I would bet the Over up to 145 but take the Under starting at 146. My thoughts on how many points will be scored in this game differ drastically from conventional wisdom. I say no way Duke shoots a low percentage on 3 PT FGs two games in a row. Duke 71, UVa 70 would be a great score!

I believe this is why they refer to it as gambling.
    I got Duke -2.0. They are at -3.5 now. That’s a big movement. Are people taking Duke because they think Tre will play? That’s a lot of movement. The o/u is down to 136 now. I got in at 139.5. The two line movements seem to be in opposition to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I got Duke -2.0. They are at -3.5 now. That’s a big movement. Are people taking Duke because they think Tre will play? That’s a lot of movement. The o/u is down to 136 now. I got in at 139.5. The two line movements seem to be in opposition to each other.
    I got in over at 136.5....feel pretty good about that.

For some reason however, I thought the Cheats Miami game was in Chapel Hill....picked the cheats to cover...would not have done that. Brain cramp.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I got in over at 136.5...feel pretty good about that.

For some reason however, I thought the Cheats Miami game was in Chapel Hill...picked the cheats to cover...would not have done that. Brain cramp.
    I knew it was in Miami, and still took UNC -7 and over 157. It’s going down to the wire on both.

That's a sharp comment, my friend. I can explain it.

From what I've seen, the public is on UVA and the under, which as you know, is not in opposition to each other. In the case of the under, there is no sharp resistance to the public so the books are moving the O/U number down in response to the public. However, In the case of the public taking UVA, there is tremendous sharp action on Duke, which is why the line climbed to 4.

So, it's not the same people creating the opposite movements.

Thank you, Miami, for calling a timeout you didn’t have! It guaranteed the over and a big +1000 start to my day!

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    That's a sharp comment, my friend. I can explain it.

From what I've seen, the public is on UVA and the under, which as you know, is not in opposition to each other. In the case of the under, there is no sharp resistance to the public so the books are moving the O/U number down in response to the public. However, In the case of the public taking UVA, there is tremendous sharp action on Duke, which is why the line climbed to 4.

So, it's not the same people creating the opposite movements.
    I am the ultimate Joe Public I know. Thank God I don't live in Vegas, don't sports bet online (except pies), and don't lose any real money with my sports picking prowess.

But Duke -3.5 is just a ridiculous line for this game, Tre Jones or no Tre Jones or no 100% Tre Jones who probably couldn't fully practice with the team while rehabbing? UVA is a difficult matchup for us, great on the road, and they've shown that they are not a 3.5 point underdog to anybody this year anywhere the way they are playing.

Of course Duke could win impressively in Cameron, and I really hope they do, but I just think covering 3.5 points is a bad bet.

If a sharp wants a pie, I'll be your huckleberry (or blueberry, or cherry, or apple). Friendly wager opportunity for one sharp with cajones. I get UVA +3.5. You get Duke -3.5. For a pie. I'll be rooting for you to win the bet. An impressive win for Duke tonight would be so huge I'd rather ship a pie for that than win by 1 and win a pie. But I'd be ecstatic with any Duke win.

I just think the sharps are wrong on this and am willing to put my pie where my mouth is for Joe Public. Anybody wanna play?

I knew it was in Miami, and still took UNC -7 and over 157. It’s going down to the wire on both.
    yeah, I got lucky...better to be lucky than good in this kind of thing...

Woo hoo! I cracked the top 10! I took a screen shot since I may drop out before the day ends and may never see it again!

Ok Pitt stop now. I’ll take a split but now the o/u is in jeopardy.

Darn. I missed th under. Now Pitt better get within 7.5 for the split

This can be so frustrating!!!!!

Cuse-Pitt beat the over by a point, which fortunately I took. The accuracy of the o/u has been crazy.

Really GATech!? 5 minutes into the game and only 8 points? Pathetic! I guess I can kiss 550 FMUs goodbye on the over!

Dad gum Hokies

VT is my nemesis...no matter how I pick em, they go the other way. So tonight they're hitting 50% from three...bench is 5-6 from deep.