Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 604

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!

    2019 ACC Picking Contest (Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!!)

    Ok, you all should know how this works by now. You go to Covers.com, you sign up and you join our contest. Then you make picks in units of 100-500 and we see who is best at picking games.

    You are only allowed to pick ACC games. I swear, if anyone picks a game that does not involve 2 ACC teams, I'm just gonna boot them from the contest. They will be out. No exceptions. We have done this enough so that folks should know the rules.

    Contest Name: DBR 2019 ACC Hoops picking contest
    Access Password: GoDuke
    Start Date: Dec 31 2018
    End Date: Mar 19 2019
    Click Here To Join: https://contests.covers.com/OfficePo...6-a9c401230d85

    -Jason "any questions?" Evans
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 12-31-2018 at 03:40 PM.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Reminder to folks to sign up and start picking games! The first contest you can wager upon is today (Jan 1), the Va Tech Notre Dame game.

    -Jason "I love VT, but 10.5 is a lot of points for a ND game" Evans
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  3. #3
    Thanks, Jason.

    Are we ending the ACC non-conference contest and declaring a winner, or do you want us to make bets in both contests because of the overlap?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Thanks, Jason.

    Are we ending the ACC non-conference contest and declaring a winner, or do you want us to make bets in both contests because of the overlap?
    Please no
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Thanks, Jason.

    Are we ending the ACC non-conference contest and declaring a winner, or do you want us to make bets in both contests because of the overlap?
    The non-conference contest should automatically close this week or next. Who is leading in the standings right now?
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  6. #6
    I dipped my toe in with a 100 point wager today...I haven't spent a lot of time looking around the contest site yet....can you see other peoples' wagers in real time?
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The non-conference contest should automatically close this week or next. Who is leading in the standings right now?
    Me, by a pretty healthy margin if you don't count contestants that owe money (for making illegal bets). Since the ACC regular season has started, I was just hoping to be declared the winner of the ACC preseason contest and receive my props so I don't have to keep my eye on that contest for the next week or so.

    That said, I will obey the rulings of Sportsbook Manager Jason Evans so I can keep making wagers at his sportsbook. It's been a profitable relationship for me.

    I'll keep my eye on that contest, and in a week's time, the results should likely (but not guaranteed) be the same.

  8. #8

    HOW?

    how is someone already 2-0 with a +1000 in the ACC Reg Season contest? Has there been a second game I don't know about?

    EDIT: ah, never mind...I see Fish went 500 on VT and got the O/U right. Nice thousand point game...
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    how is someone already 2-0 with a +1000 in the ACC Reg Season contest? Has there been a second game I don't know about?

    EDIT: ah, never mind...I see Fish went 500 on VT and got the O/U right. Nice thousand point game...
    No worries, I can lose faster than I can win ...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Don't forget to place your bets on Harvard at anti-Harvard today.
    "Hey, that's Duke LaMere. You know what his name is? His name is Duke LaMere." - Dick Vitale, 12/2/2008 https://youtu.be/B9G9zFzi7Is

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Don't forget to place your bets on Harvard at anti-Harvard today.
    I wouldn't do that:

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I swear, if anyone picks a game that does not involve 2 ACC teams, I'm just gonna boot them from the contest. They will be out. No exceptions. We have done this enough so that folks should know the rules.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Don't forget to place your bets on Harvard at anti-Harvard today.
    Oh no, you put those bets in. Pray that you have a losing day so you can continue in this contest.

    Always read the rules beforehand, my friend.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Don't forget to place your bets on Harvard at anti-Harvard today.
    DUDE!!!! Are you kidding me?!?! Your first wagers and you bet on 3 non-ACC games.

    Sigh...

    I have asked the Cover folks to remove you from the pool. But, because I really think this was an innocent mistake and I like DukeLamere, once they kick you out I will allow you to re-join. You must skip the next 2 weeks of games as punishment for your bad deeds. If you re-join, you will do so on 1/16.

    -Jason "this might actually be a benefit to you if you were going to pick games wrong this weekend" Evans
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    DUDE!!!! Are you kidding me?!?! Your first wagers and you bet on 3 non-ACC games.

    Sigh...

    I have asked the Cover folks to remove you from the pool. But, because I really think this was an innocent mistake and I like DukeLamere, once they kick you out I will allow you to re-join. You must skip the next 2 weeks of games as punishment for your bad deeds. If you re-join, you will do so on 1/16.

    -Jason "this might actually be a benefit to you if you were going to pick games wrong this weekend" Evans
    I'm self banishing myself. My illiteracy has literally been confined to these degenerate gamblers threads, so the Man upstairs must be trying to tell me something. Ymm, Beer is clearly more my speed!
    "Hey, that's Duke LaMere. You know what his name is? His name is Duke LaMere." - Dick Vitale, 12/2/2008 https://youtu.be/B9G9zFzi7Is

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Ymm, Beer is clearly more my speed!
    Yeah, well, devildeac has way fewer rules than JasonEvans, and Jason only has one.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Yeah, well, devildeac has way fewer rules than JasonEvans, and Jason only has one.
    The first rule of JasonEvans is, donít talk about JasonEvans.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The first rule of JasonEvans is, donít talk about JasonEvans.
    JasonEvans who?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    JasonEvans who?
    Exactly.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    JasonEvans who?
    That would be Jason "Who the heck is Jason Evans anyway" Evans...
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The first rule of JasonEvans is, donít talk about JasonEvans.
    I'm partial to the seventh rule: JasonEvans will go on as long as he has to.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 12-30-2018, 02:26 PM
  2. NCAA Tournament picking contest- Degenerate Gamblers allowed!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-03-2018, 06:27 PM
  3. ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers allowed!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 11:04 AM
  4. Pre-ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 06:09 PM
  5. ACC picking contest?
    By rasputin in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2017, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •