Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
    Interesting trend lines.

Virginia opened as an 11 point favorite with an O/U of 121.5. The betting public seems to be on FSU and the over because the line has moved to Virginia-9 and the O/U is now 124.5

Duke opened as a 2.5 point pick with an O/U of 162. It has moved to Duke -3.5 and the O/U is now at a stratospheric 164.5

-Jason "I am not sure I like any of these... I am over 5000 in winnings, so maybe I sit today out" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Interesting trend lines.

Virginia opened as an 11 point favorite with an O/U of 121.5. The betting public seems to be on FSU and the over because the line has moved to Virginia-9 and the O/U is now 124.5

Duke opened as a 2.5 point pick with an O/U of 162. It has moved to Duke -3.5 and the O/U is now at a stratospheric 164.5

-Jason "I am not sure I like any of these... I am over 5000 in winnings, so maybe I sit today out" Evans
    Take the over. Duke 105, UNC 60

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Take the over. Duke 105, UNC 60
    This checks out.

I placed three bets:

1. Duke (-3.5) to cover.
    2. Under (164.5) in the Duke vs. Carolina game
    3. Under (124.5) in the FSU vs. Virginia game
    Bob Green

I
    That's what I should've done - but alas, I went double 500s on everything....so maybe I'll crack top five...maybe I'll drop below top ten.

Duke is now -4. And still no sign of TV Teddy. Or Eades for that matter.

youch!

Took me a while to realize that I'd picked correctly, taking the Pus Buckets plus 3.5.

So, Bob Green and Duke Taylor, it looks like it's between the three of us to win. Whaddaya say?

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Took me a while to realize that I'd picked correctly, taking the Pus Buckets plus 3.5.

So, Bob Green and Duke Taylor, it looks like it's between the three of us to win. Whaddaya say?
    yep, debating on how to negotiate today!! Just trying to savor the win for the moment!!

The top ten, heading into the final game:

Also worth noting the ACC tournament leaders:

-Jason "my head says 7.5 is a ton of points to give FSU, especially after Duke played an emotionally and physically draining game... but !#@^@ if I am gonna bet against us in the final game before the tourney!!" Evans

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Looks like it's coming down to the over/under for tonight's game for the title. Congrats to all those in contention.

I had the bottom drop out in the ACCT, but from Wednesday on, I was picking the opposite of those in front of me and not what I thought the outcome would be as that was the only chance I had to catch up.

This is great fun and I relinquish my crown with much respect for the winner. I'll be back at it next year to reclaim.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I say I'm playing to win! Duke (-8) and the Over (146.5) are my choices.
    Bob Green

On betting

Picking a team that's an underdog is not betting against the fave, it's betting the spread, I bet unc plus last night and under and completely enjoyed the outcome.
    The last 3 weeks of the season I've bet the fave and points, mostly. I've thought that was the value bet. I struggled with o/u (50%, or so), so i backed off.
    tonight I have little feel for the game, but I think Zion's motivated and our team is, but that's a lot of points. I can still lose tonight and Duke survives the 1st weekend and is seeded in the East, I'm going to DC!!

Jason, thx!! We'll meet some day!!
    Good luck all!

After languishing in something like 11th through 15th position throughout the season, I have rallied to 6th...a chance to maybe move into top five tonight. Early in the year I was at 60% for ATS bets but below 50% for OU bets...so I started betting only 100 or 200 on the OUs. Now I'm doing better on OU than ATS...I left a lot of points on the table by betting low wagers on OU the last month.

made my picks

so at least i can fall to 3rd

I think #

1 overall seed rests on this half

Need to win. simple as that.

Congratulations to duketaylor on winning the ACC Picking Contest. Good job!!!
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Congratulations to duketaylor on winning the ACC Picking Contest. Good job!!!
    All hail duketaylor! Great job! 😎

Congrats Taylor!

That was fun, folks! Very glad we've kept these going in recent years! I enjoy them.

- Chillin

Congrats to duketaylor! Well done.

Very much fun. I went from top to bottom and finished in the middle. Wild ride!

Congrats to Taylor--bottom fell out for me 2 weeks ago, but very well done Taylor