Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Hope you lose. Twice!

(But I suspect you do, too. And all the rest of our DBR degenerates...)

-jk
    I am looking for a final score of uva 71-70. I’ll hit the over and push ATS!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I am looking for a final score of uva 71-70. I’ll hit the over and push ATS!
    Pace was way over the OU - kind of settled down now, still on OVER pace, but not by as much.

Happy to lose points tonight for a real UNC loss. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Me, too. 😎

Not happy, but don’t mind dropping 1100 tonight

Wa-hoooooooo!

I wanted to bet on UVA, but refused to jinx this glorious outcome.

So I didn't touch this game

love it

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I refuse to believe that the mystical force of inevitability is with UNC anymore. This is weaufxgod territory. They cheated. Then they lied. Then the paid a whole bunch of money to lawyers. It just keeps getting worse. What's next? I dunno but I have a feeling Vlad (let's call him Vlad) Putin will be involved.

I think UVa is better but to win I think they have to make Coby White play like a Freshman, or the way Freshmen used to play in the sepia-toned memories of my youth. This is arguably UNC's biggest game to date. If UVa can pressure White into a below average game, lose his grip on the magnitude of the moment for a bit and force him into a few turnovers--and turnovers are occasionally a problem for UNC, then I think UVA wins by 8 to 10. If White starts dropping dimes and hitting more than 30% on his 3s, watch out. I bet on the former.
    Good call!

same! all day long

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    Good call!
    Well I'd like to take credit but it just means that my check to the ACC reffing crew didn't bounce. And that bodes well for the check I wrote to the surgeon to have my daughter's protruding armpits resected. Just a grand night all the way around!

jason evans

Has anyone noticed the comeback that Jason Evans has made recently- I think he was next to last and maybe -2000 2-3 weeks ago and he's now approaching top 10 and + something like 1500. En fuego- Congrats Jason you always were around 500 with your picks but now you have turned the allocations around. I am impressed.
    I am also impressed that 19 of 26 of us have positive balances halfway through the contest. Maybe next year we next rto pook funds for a degenerate gift to our alma mater?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Time to brag a little (cause I have had nothing to brag about thus far this season)...

On January 19th I stood on the precipice of elimination. I was negative more than 4700 and one more wrong pick would send me packing. In a year in which just about everyone else was in positive territory, it was positively embarrassing.

Since then I have had 7 positive gambling sessions and only 1 loser. I am now, finally, back above break even thanks to a 6-1 performance today. I've gained 5290 over the past few weeks and am 14 for my past 19 picks. Can you say hot?

I doubt there is enough time to get into the top 5, especially because I am now picking and choosing my big bets, making lots of 200-400 unit wagers and almost no 500 unit big guys (the exact opposite of what I did to get to the bottom of the standings). Still, I feel much better about my ability to survive as a degenerate these days

-Jason "now that I am back in the green, time for a bunch more 500 unit wagers, right? Evans
    Quote Originally Posted by smvalkyries View Post
    Has anyone noticed the comeback that Jason Evans has made recently- I think he was next to last and maybe -2000 2-3 weeks ago and he's now approaching top 10 and + something like 1500. En fuego- Congrats Jason you always were around 500 with your picks but now you have turned the allocations around. I am impressed.
    I am also impressed that 19 of 26 of us have positive balances halfway through the contest. Maybe next year we next rto pook funds for a degenerate gift to our alma mater?
    Yes, Jason Evans noticed the Jason Evans comeback and bragged all about it.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Smile jason evans

Well in that case I withdraw my public praise but privately still respect his turn around

We'll find out if my last session was a reversion to the mean for me or a momentary bump in the road.

2,000 FMUs on the line this evening.

It'd be nice to reprise my +2000 performance of 2/6

If I hadn't sworn off over/unders, I'd be tempted to take the under at 139 on BC/Pitt. That's going to be an UGLY game I think. I'm taking BC at -2.5, but I honestly don't know why I'm taking a stand on anything in that game. At least it was only a small bet.
    Last edited by brlftz; 02-12-2019 at 11:41 AM. Reason: typo

If I hadn't sworn of over/unders, I'd be tempted to take the under of 139 on BC/Pitt. That's going to be an UGLY game I think. I'm taking BC at -2.5, but I honestly don't know why I'm taking a stand on anything in that game. At least it was only a small bet.
    If I were serious, and not degenerate, I wouldn't touch the game.

I have Pitt +2.5, under 139

Pitt has frequently burned me this year.

Re-reading my last post, it struck me how bizarre it still feels that BC-Pitt is an ACC game. I'm going to need them all to get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    If I were serious, and not degenerate, I wouldn't touch the game.

I have Pitt +2.5, under 139

Pitt has frequently burned me this year.
    Hmmm, if the O/U Wizard is taking it, I might have to reconsider...

Re-reading my last post, it struck me how bizarre it still feels that BC-Pitt is an ACC game. I'm going to need them all to get off my lawn.
    That's just it, they're not on your lawn. They are playing on the auxilliary court down the street.

Rooting hard for a Duke 7-pt win as I believe I was the only one able to grab the sweet, sweet Duke -6.5.