Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And . . . They scored 79 in the second half.

It is uncanny how well Vegas and the market set the o/u. It’s killed me all year.
    And....-550 for me. Ugh

UVA favored by 1 vs UNCheats. Let’s hope they can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    UVA favored by 1 vs UNCheats. Let’s hope they can pull it off.
    I think it's a tough matchup for UVA. Obviously it's tough emotionally to play another tough team on the road immediately after the Duke game on Monday night. It's no secret that the key to beating UVA is making 3's over their pack-line. UNC seems particularly well-suited to do that with Maye, Johnson, and White all outstanding 3 point shooters with range. All 3 can get set and get off their shot very quickly. Williams is from Virginia and also capable of getting hot and playing well against better teams. And is Diakite still out? He was playing quite well for them on both ends in the first half against us until he got hurt. How is Jerome's back doing? Short turnaround rest with travel could also matter.

That said, Tony Bennett can coach circles around Ol Roy. Go UVA! 9F

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Time to brag a little (cause I have had nothing to brag about thus far this season)...

On January 19th I stood on the precipice of elimination. I was negative more than 4700 and one more wrong pick would send me packing. In a year in which just about everyone else was in positive territory, it was positively embarrassing.

Since then I have had 7 positive gambling sessions and only 1 loser. I am now, finally, back above break even thanks to a 6-1 performance today. I've gained 5290 over the past few weeks and am 14 for my past 19 picks. Can you say hot?

I doubt there is enough time to get into the top 5, especially because I am now picking and choosing my big bets, making lots of 200-400 unit wagers and almost no 500 unit big guys (the exact opposite of what I did to get to the bottom of the standings). Still, I feel much better about my ability to survive as a degenerate these days

-Jason "now that I am back in the green, time for a bunch more 500 unit wagers, right? Evans
    Great job, Jason! I actually was going to write a post to praise you even if you hadn't done so yourself. With a league of 26 people, everyone has their own personal battle to wage. If you're not contending at the top, you might be trying to fend off elimination to eventually get back to black like you did.

I've fallen off recently, so my battle right now is to not let a cold streak take me into the red, and hopefully I can get back to the $5K level or so by the end of the contest.

Went 3-1-1 this weekend for +950. Need to keep the momentum going to get back in the black.

I have officially given up on making any O/U bets. I'm -2,070 with those bets, and +820 ATS.

Of course, the next logical step in this process is to give up on making any bets at all. But degeneracy is a commitment, and I'm nothing if not steadfast in my commitments!

Quote Originally Posted by Hingeknocker View Post
    I have officially given up on making any O/U bets. I'm -2,070 with those bets, and +820 ATS.

Of course, the next logical step in this process is to give up on making any bets at all. But degeneracy is a commitment, and I'm nothing if not steadfast in my commitments!
    I feel ya...I'm almost 60% ATS and under 50% OU. Degenerates never learn...that's why we're degenerates...

I would be on UNC and the under tonight but can't jump on when people have gotten much better lines. We'll see if I regret not forcing action.

I think UVA is better than the cheats, but I can't convince myself that UVA is going to win this one. It's related to my "never bet on State" rule. In it's full form, the rule is "Always bet on UNC and State to disappoint you...State by losing, UNC by winning."

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I would be on UNC and the under tonight but can't jump on when people have gotten much better lines. We'll see if I regret not forcing action.
    I think I resemble this remark. But I'd gladly take the -50 for a Virginia win and under 144.

I took the Over at 140.5. I'm not buying the "Virginia will be tired because of the short turnaround plus they have to travel" line. This game will be played in the 70s.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I took the Over at 140.5. I'm not buying the "Virginia will be tired because of the short turnaround plus they have to travel" line. This game will be played in the 70s.
    GMT - differently...LOL
    I took the over also, because I think UVa will be tired, and won't be able to keep UNC's scoring down...

I tend to bet on UNC, figuring that I would gladly give up fake points for a real loss. So, going with that tonight.

Took the over, because UNC seems to go to the line an awful lot at home and that bumps up the score without running clock.

Did not check to see if TV Ted is calling the game or not, though.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    I think UVA is better than the cheats, but I can't convince myself that UVA is going to win this one. It's related to my "never bet on State" rule. In it's full form, the rule is "Always bet on UNC and State to disappoint you...State by losing, UNC by winning."
    I refuse to believe that the mystical force of inevitability is with UNC anymore. This is weaufxgod territory. They cheated. Then they lied. Then the paid a whole bunch of money to lawyers. It just keeps getting worse. What's next? I dunno but I have a feeling Vlad (let's call him Vlad) Putin will be involved.

I think UVa is better but to win I think they have to make Coby White play like a Freshman, or the way Freshmen used to play in the sepia-toned memories of my youth. This is arguably UNC's biggest game to date. If UVa can pressure White into a below average game, lose his grip on the magnitude of the moment for a bit and force him into a few turnovers--and turnovers are occasionally a problem for UNC, then I think UVA wins by 8 to 10. If White starts dropping dimes and hitting more than 30% on his 3s, watch out. I bet on the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Frak it, I'm just too degenerate to resist. Took under 141. I hate that some of you got 144, which opens up a middle possibility where some of us win on the over and some of us win on the under (not me, though).

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I feel ya...I'm almost 60% ATS and under 50% OU. Degenerates never learn...that's why we're degenerates...
    I am still the o/u king! 1st place +4280!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I am still the o/u king! 1st place +4280!
    And what do you have tonight?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    And what do you have tonight?

-jk
    I have UNC +1 and over 139.5

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I have UNC +1 and over 139.5
    Hope you lose. Twice!

(But I suspect you do, too. And all the rest of our DBR degenerates...)

-jk

The Cheats at home tonight is a Mother-Inlaw bet.
    Veg Insider has it a Pick game with 140 o/u.