NCAA Tournament watching from Canada

Unfortunately I will be traveling for spring break time to Victoria BC, From 23rd to the 30th and I'm curious HOW I can watch the NCAA tournament games from Canada? Especially if I can watch them on replay? I have a VPN, XFiniti, WatchEspn and open to paying for the privilege as well. Thought?

Quote Originally Posted by evrim View Post
    Unfortunately I will be traveling for spring break time to Victoria BC, From 23rd to the 30th and I'm curious HOW I can watch the NCAA tournament games from Canada? Especially if I can watch them on replay? I have a VPN, XFiniti, WatchEspn and open to paying for the privilege as well. Thought?
    There are some good sports networks up there, might see some coverage due to RJ being a Maple Leaf/Beaver Person...

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    As a current Canuck, I can tell you that TSN is carrying all the games... there’s TSN1-5 (not quite The Ocho, but almost!) and it looks like every game will be on one of those channels. The question is whether you’re staying in a hotel or whatnot... I would bet hotels might only have TSN1-2, and maybe CBS. But because all the games are nationally broadcast they should be on at any sports bar!

Visited Victoria two years ago, though not at NCAA Tournament time. They have plenty of pubs and sports bars!

Canucks hockey and Blue Jays baseball are prime attractions, but there are plenty of TVs and I suspect you will have no difficulty viewing the NCAA Tournament games at a bar/restaurant. And the hotels probably have the cable channels, too.

To be clear, I am trying to find a way to watch the game after the game has already been played.

I am not worried about being able to watch, but rather being able to watch after the fact since I will be doing activities during the game times. My gf would be upset if I spent half of the trip watching games haha. Any solutions?

To be clear, I am trying to find a way to watch the game after the game has already been played.

I am not worried about being able to watch, but rather being able to watch after the fact since I will be doing activities during the game times. My gf would be upset if I spent half of the trip watching games haha. Any solutions?
    The tourney is a big deal in Canada so it'll be on almost everywhere...especially some of the great pubs in Victoria.

As for watching it on delay...your best bet is probably the NCAA.com site as I know they've had the games on replay afterwards. You'll need VPN though since that service will be geoblocked from Canada.

Find a new gf. You are setting a bad precedent for the future of your relationship. Next thing you know, she'll pick a wedding date on a Saturday or Sunday during late March! Or make dinner plans with friends on the evening of the Carolina game! This issue has to be buttoned down quickly!

If you have xfinity dvr service (the X-1 platform), you can watch what you record at home at any time on your laptop. Bring it with you with your HDMI cable and plug in to the Hotel TV at the end of the day and sit down to some Duke basketball on a big screen!

All the games will be on in the pubs if you have time. Hockey playoffs start in April. TSN will show all four games at once on the various channels. As stated before it depends what hotel you are staying at if they will have all the channels. Victoria does not really have a sports bar but if you have time go watch sports at the Strathcona Hotel, which is downtown. They have 5 different bars and you can wander thru them until you see the game you want. By the way one of the best things about Victoria are their pubs - they try and keep their British heritage. It is part of being a tourist there. One great thing about RJ Barrett, was that we got most of the games shown on TSN in Canada during the year. And Victoria has a long history in basketball. Steve Nash played high school there and the UVIC Vikings actually had two players drafted in the NBA in the 1980's. Of course there was 7 rounds back then.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Find a new gf. You are setting a bad precedent for the future of your relationship. Next thing you know, she'll pick a wedding date on a Saturday or Sunday during late March! Or make dinner plans with friends on the evening of the Carolina game! This issue has to be buttoned down quickly!
    ^^This^^.

If you're a *hardcore* cbb fan, make sure your S.O. understands the importance of it in your life. In OP's case, he may be fine with enjoying an awesome vacation and spending time with the girlfriend in lieu of watching the games live. And that's totally fine.

For me? The wife KNOWS that it's an extreme rarity that I'll skip a UVA regular season game (and when I do it's vs sub-100 kenpom teams for sure), and will NEVER miss a top 25-ish matchup or postseason game. In fact, for the ACC tournament, she knows I'll watch every minute of every game from the QFs on, and in the NCAA's, I'll watch at least 30ish hours of bball the first thur-sun, and prob all the games from the S16 on. No weddings, no concerts, no vacations, no houseguests, etc, etc will be accepted during this time. The only exception I can see myself making would be to attend stuff for my kids. In almost any other area of life, I make tons of compromises and sacrifices for my wife. When it comes to sports though? Not so much. And 10 years in? She gets it.

You'd be able to watch all the games online.
    https://variety.com/2019/digital/new...ne-1203166441/

The only problem might be that the CBS online stream may be blocked in Canada but you can get around that with a free Virtual Private Network (VPN) app that lets your cell phone or tablet appear to be in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    You'd be able to watch all the games online.
    https://variety.com/2019/digital/new...ne-1203166441/

The only problem might be that the CBS online stream may be blocked in Canada but you can get around that with a free Virtual Private Network (VPN) app that lets your cell phone or tablet appear to be in the U.S.
    Can it be In Di Anapolis?