Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I took the Over at 165.5 for tonight's game. The number should rise as bets roll in so I wanted to get in early.
    I'd be (wildly and unrealistically) happy with 100-66 and you'd win more fake money.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'd be (wildly and unrealistically) happy with 100-66 and you'd win more fake money.
    I was able to get in on the o/u at 164. I took the over. that's a lot of points, but they both play with such high pace.

These always seem to be wars, I find it difficult to believe Duke can cover -9, so <gasp>, I took UNC.

Duke wins 94-86 is a not too unbelievable outcome. UNC hits a late three to make it that close.

Hard to care about being a degenerate after that injury tonight. Zion is a special talent and a special person. Hope he heals fully and his future stays bright.

Good news on the Zion front. 😎

Lines are trickling in now. Good luck tomorrow, degenerates!

Lots of action. It’s going to be a wild one! I think I’m going all in. 😳😊

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    The over under on you is ALL BETS on ALL GAMES, 500 points per. That's the over, and the under...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    The over under on you is ALL BETS on ALL GAMES, 500 points per. That's the over, and the under...
    Yet somehow old phicus and NY cheese both have more bets and more fake dollars (FMU’s) than I do. Hmmmm. 😳😊👍🏻

Posting from my phone so I will be brief. I took Virginia, Carolina, VT and Duke to cover.
    Bob Green

Well, so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    You are already up 2,000 for the day!!! Don't know if it is wild, but it sure is impressive!!

In the Weekly Leaderboard, I started the day in first place. I won my first bet on Virginia covering, and my reward is I'm now over 1,000 behind you. We'll see if it gets wild(er) as the day goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    You are already up 2,000 for the day!!! Don't know if it is wild, but it sure is impressive!!

In the Weekly Leaderboard, I started the day in first place. I won my first bet on Virginia covering, and my reward is I'm now over 1,000 behind you. We'll see if it gets wild(er) as the day goes on.
    Wild and crazy! I may drop 1,100 on the GT v Miami game. I took GT +7.5 points and over 128.5. Not looking good on either at this moment.

Richard, if you are able to join the contest well after the halfway mark and STILL be the first one eliminated, that would be as impressive an accomplishment as anything that's happened so far, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Richard, if you are able to join the contest well after the halfway mark and STILL be the first one eliminated, that would be as impressive an accomplishment as anything that's happened so far, my friend.
    It's all about efficiency, Trouble. Getting the most out of the few picks you make.

I haven't been too engaged in the contest this year, and my overall score shows it. The first year I had a great showing (I think I was in 2nd place going into ACCT or close to it!) by following some strict rules: Never bet on games I care about (Duke!), never bet 500 on anything. After that season, I started thinking: "man, maybe I *should* go to vegas..."

This year I seem to primarily bet on Duke, and primarily 500 point bets. And...23rd place.

Does anybody do less with more than Leonard Hamilton?

I know they snuck into the elite 8 last season, but they've had some early flameouts...every year they are extremely deep, extremely tall, and extremely unpredictable and undisciplined.

Hit 5 of 5, +2500 today. Proves what drunk impulsive picking can do.

See the pick. Be the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Hit 5 of 5, +2500 today. Proves what drunk impulsive picking can do.

See the pick. Be the pick.
    Nice. Sometimes I impulsively pick at stoplights. Never drunk though, no never, never drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Nice. Sometimes I impulsively pick at stoplights. Never drunk though, no never, never drunk.
    At least, never at dusk.

Bad day for me on the pool...but I'm happy nonetheless....seeing this from Alex tonight, along with RJ's best game of the season I think, and Zion's big smile, makes me very optimistic going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Thanks brother. I tried! But alas my worst nightmare, mediocrity prevailed and I went 3-3. At least that still moves me more negative with the vig. But not good for my efficiency. I'm blaming Bob Green - it's like every pick I accidently match with him wins. To be clear, this year I'm just doing my best to trust my instincts and pick the winning bet ATS. Hopefully I can still be the first one to bust out. Gotta be good at something!

I'm too busy at work to fake bet during the week. But I'll try again next Saturday.