Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    That's a sharp comment, my friend. I can explain it.

From what I've seen, the public is on UVA and the under, which as you know, is not in opposition to each other. In the case of the under, there is no sharp resistance to the public so the books are moving the O/U number down in response to the public. However, In the case of the public taking UVA, there is tremendous sharp action on Duke, which is why the line climbed to 4.

So, it's not the same people creating the opposite movements.
    So right now, looking at my picks in play, it's says Duke -3.5 and over 136.5. I think the pick ends up where the line lands at the end. I DEFINITELY picked Duke -2 and o/u at 139.

I call foul! Commisioner, what's the deal with this?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    So right now, looking at my picks in play, it's says Duke -3.5 and over 136.5. I think the pick ends up where the line lands at the end. I DEFINITELY picked Duke -2 and o/u at 139.

Yep that is bs. Any true degenerate knows that's why you gotta lock it in when you like the line. And sounds like you did.

I clicked on your profile, and you were graded at Duke -2 and over 139.5. No worries.

The line changes....I had Wake plus 17....but the line moved, and Fish80, who knows WTFreak he is doing in this thing...waited and got Wake plus 18.5. When the line moved to Duke +3.5, I took UVa thinking the game would be one point either way. The original over under 140.5 and the line winners changed on UVa's last bucket.

I went 3-0 (+1,500) today to improve to 11-3 (+3,850). That meaningless last second basket by UVa was big for me.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I went 3-0 (+1,500) today to improve to 11-3 (+3,850). That meaningless last second basket by UVa was big for me.
    Yep I'm sure it was even bigger for a Lot of Joe Publics who got big money in on UVA +3.5 today. And the sharps who took Duke to cover -2 and got their money in early pushed. I imagine the house lost some money on that last shot. Troublemaker could clarify better - he knows how it all works because he's a real sharp. Along with NY Bri and Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I clicked on your profile, and you were graded at Duke -2 and over 139.5. No worries.
    Well that’s good to know! So I went from a winner to a push with that last shot. Whew!

+2,350 on the day with a move from #14 to #7.

Not too shabby!
    Last edited by BandAlum83; 01-19-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Yep I'm sure it was even bigger for a Lot of Joe Publics who got big money in on UVA +3.5 today. And the sharps who took Duke to cover -2 and got their money in early pushed. I imagine the house lost some money on that last shot. Troublemaker could clarify better - he knows how it all works because he's a real sharp. Along with NY Bri and Fish.
    I'm not sure the Sharps were on Duke today....

I went 5-4 today. That meaningless last shot cost me 550 FMU’s.

Have to tweak my formula.

3-0-1 for me today-back out of the red-color me happy

I went 6-2 today...5-1 ATS and 1-1 on O/U. I gotta stop the O/U stuff...18-11 ATS but 9-11 O/U. It's killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I went 6-2 today...5-1 ATS and 1-1 on O/U. I gotta stop the O/U stuff...18-11 ATS but 9-11 O/U. It's killing me.
    I warned you people that o/u is a sucker better 😀😎

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I won this contest the past two years on the o/u bets. They were much more predictable as the season wore on . 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Yes I know...that thunders in my ear every time I lose an O/U. Funny, they sometimes seem like the most obvious...then reality happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Today could be my swan song in the contest. Need a positive result!
    Nice recovery, Mr. Evans!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Nice recovery, Mr. Evans!
    I'm glad I didn't make a bet today. It wouldn't have ended well with today's result.

BTW, if not for the meaningless 2 pts UVA had at the buzzer, I would be in fifth, not 7th.

Yes, I did factor both my lost opportunity FMUs and the FMU differential for those ahead of me.

BTW, if not for the meaningless 2 pts UVA had at the buzzer, I would be in fifth, not 7th.

Yes, I did factor both my lost opportunity FMUs and the FMU differential for those ahead of me.
    Seems like a good time for this:

https://youtu.be/ZjbqEC0AunM

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Seems like a good time for this:

https://youtu.be/ZjbqEC0AunM
    Good job!

I would feel bad about winning a bunch of internet points on that shot, but I've had to swallow so many half-point misses I feel like the universe owed me one. My wife was not pleased to see me jumping up and doing a fist-pump when UVA made that last shot. I think I need to tone it down.