Hulu Original Program Series: 11-22-63

I tuned this in last night thinking it was an historical documentary on the Kennedy assassination, and I happen to like those a lot - on WW2 or Kennedy and some other topics.

It isn't that. It's an historical fiction with a little sci fi twist. I don't really like Sci Fi as a genre, but once you suspend disbelief and buy into the sci fi premise, then it's really interesting historical drama after that. I found it fascinating, and can't wait to binge watch a few more episodes.

I've watched very few Hulu originals, but this seems really well done, and a very fascinating storyline that is truly unique. If you like sci fi, historical dramas, documentaries or any of that, I think this is worth checking out. I was surprised...pleasantly so.

Based on a Stephen King novel.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Based on a Stephen King novel.
    ...thanks...and also, I believe, based on something from Narnia series as well. (normally don't like Stephen King stuff, but this is good so far).

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ...thanks...and also, I believe, based on something from Narnia series as well. (normally don't like Stephen King stuff, but this is good so far).
    It's a straight up Stephen King adaptation of a novel of the same name. I enjoyed the novel, but couldn't get into the series.

I really enjoyed this series. Very nicely cast, engaging and well-paced storytelling, and a really satisfying payoff at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It's a straight up Stephen King adaptation of a novel of the same name. I enjoyed the novel, but couldn't get into the series.
    Interesting...and there is a time travel dynamic that mirrors one in Narnia - which was written before King's novels. That said, I don't think there's any reason to think King read CS Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Interesting...and there is a time travel dynamic that mirrors one in Narnia - which was written before King's novels. That said, I don't think there's any reason to think King read CS Lewis.
    I would be surprised if he didn't. I thought everyone read CS Lewis. Could be wrong.

Try the book - it is a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I would be surprised if he didn't. I thought everyone read CS Lewis. Could be wrong.

Try the book - it is a fun read.
    Not a King fan. Last night I watched episodes 2 and 3 - and episode 2 was more the classic King stuff. I almost stopped watching. Episode 3 was more in line with E1. So I'll continue with it. I also noticed in the credits that King is listed as an Executive Producer as well as attributing the story to his novel.

I agree in general that when you read the book first, the movie, or TV version, doesn't usually live up to the book.

Finished it off....

Just watched the 8th episode...which is the last in season one and I would assume the last episode period. I'll have to say, as a non Stephen King fan, I thought this series was very good. Only episode 2 was what I would call the kind of King creepy stuff...that I do not like...and I almost stopped watching then. But after that episode, it just stayed on the storyline - which is fascinating. Pretty good job of wrapping it up too IMO. I think this one will appeal to King fans and to non King fans alike. Any history buff will like it.