Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    How about this, if recruiting news shows up, we agree to start a new thread. That way, those of us who have heard these arguments hundreds of times (not counting the multiple iterations espoused here) can just ignore this thread without the risk of missing recruiting news.
    It’s probably a reasonable suggestion, but I don’t know if there is any harm in people discussing these other issues. But, yes, it would be ideal if there were actually some relevant recruiting news.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    It’s probably a reasonable suggestion, but I don’t know if there is any harm in people discussing these other issues. But, yes, it would be ideal if there were actually some relevant recruiting news.
    But really, if you’re a purist, you should probably be ignoring this thread altogether, as the most relevant information is conjecture about what 17 year old kids are thinking. If there is actual recruiting news, you will see another thread that will say “Welcome to Duke ...”. I guess this thread will indicate when targets decide to go somewhere else as well, but the rest is all just speculation anyway.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    But really, if you’re a purist, you should probably be ignoring this thread altogether, as the most relevant information is conjecture about what 17 year old kids are thinking. If there is actual recruiting news, you will see another thread that will say “Welcome to Duke ...”. I guess this thread will indicate when targets decide to go somewhere else as well, but the rest is all just speculation anyway.
    If Duke can finish off this class with Bird and Maravich we’ll be in good shape for next year. I’m not sure what their composite rankings are but I trust K can coach ‘em up.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    If Duke can finish off this class with Bird and Maravich we’ll be in good shape for next year. I’m not sure what their composite rankings are but I trust K can coach ‘em up.
    Bird may still have some mobility remaining and might be good for some spot-up shooting. Maravich, not so much...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Bird may still have some mobility remaining and might be good for some spot-up shooting. Maravich, not so much...

RIP Pete

RIP Pete
    With Pete not with us anymore - maybe we can call up "Hot Rod" Hundley. He may have been the Greatest Showman on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    With Pete not with us anymore - maybe we can call up "Hot Rod" Hundley. He may have been the Greatest Showman on the court.
    I heard his name a lot when I was very young because he was an NBA television commentator, though I didn’t know anything about him as a player. I just looked up Hot Rod and, sadly, he died in 2015. That means the search is still on for a Pete Maravich-level showman. And we’d better stop this conversation soon as we are getting dangerously close to once again feeling the wrath of DBR.
    Last edited by Steven43; 12-30-2018 at 11:55 PM.

I heard his name a lot when I was very young because he was an NBA television commentator, though I didn’t know anything about him as a player. I just looked up Hot Rod and, sadly, he died in 2015. That means the search is still on for a Pete Maravich-level showman. And we’d better stop this conversation soon as we are getting dangerously close to once again feeling the wrath of DBR.
    Meadowlark Lemon.

DBR mods, when asked to clean up this thread:

BF02B2E7-BE55-4442-8823-48858A08FF09.jpg