Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sagarin

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Not sure about ESPN's formula, but TRank (Bart Torvik) has the same 89% chance for UVa using his formula. I'd imagine Pomeroy favors UVa by a similar probability. Probably a little bit lower than Torvik and ESPN (because they rate FSU a little higher than Torvik does), but I'd guess it is still a REALLY high probability.
    Interestingly, Sagarin only gives UVa a 61% chance. Guess that is because Sagarin's stats aren't tempo adjusted.

Pittsburgh is hanging with Carolina early. The Panthers have mixed things up on defense with a 2-3 zone. TV Teddy is one of the refs.

Carolina 15, Pitt 14 at the < 12 minute timeout.
    Bob Green

Since my previous post Carolina has went on a 16-0 run.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Sounds like Capel should have bought/borrowed/stolen one of ol roy's timeouts .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

At the half...

Carolina 45, Pitt 23

Boston College 32, Virginia Tech 30

Notre Dame 38, Syracuse 37
    Bob Green

Pitt had a real opportunity there. Game tied, in the bonus with 14 minutes to play, and then the drought began.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Bob, may I humbly recommend the jinx thread?

Pitt shot 30% for the game. Tough to win against a bad team like that.

Final scores in the early games...

Carolina 85, Pitt 60

Virginia Tech 77, Boston College 66

Syracuse 72, Notre Dame 62

A couple of takeaways from the Carolina game (the game I watched):

1. Cam Johnson continues to be a fantastic 3 PT shooter.
    2. Coby White is a very good player.
    Bob Green

3. Nasir White will be the latest in a long line of 5* players for Carolina that stay in college long after their peers are getting paid in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    3. Nasir Little will be the latest in a long line of 5* players for Carolina that stay in college long after their peers are getting paid in the NBA.
    FIFY.

Little and his teammates do not look comfortable with each other. It is like they are not on the same page. I'm not implying there is a problem. I am implying Little needs to see more playing time.
    Bob Green

Kyle Guy straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥 late in the half to give my Wahoos a big lead at the half - up 42-23. Some of those late 3s were Reddick-esque. Just coming off of screens and pulling - didn't even care if they were contested. Even had a 1-on-1 step back deep 3. I don't think we'll lose many games when EITHER Guy or Jerome are on fire like that.

FSU is dangerously athletic, but fundamentally poor (like that's any different than most years). Still, if they get super hot playing hero-ball, they can still get back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Kyle Guy straight �������� late in the half to give my Wahoos a big lead at the half - up 42-23. Some of those late 3s were Reddick-esque. Just coming off of screens and pulling - didn't even care if they were contested. Even had a 1-on-1 step back deep 3. I don't think we'll lose many games when EITHER Guy or Jerome are on fire like that.

FSU is dangerously athletic, but fundamentally poor (like that's any different than most years). Still, if they get super hot playing hero-ball, they can still get back into it.
    Of course I have FSU +8.5 and the under 130.5 in the degenerate contest. Not looking too good on either count. I am really bad at this.

I NEVER thought UVA could hang 42 in a half and get such separation at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Of course I have FSU +8.5 and the under 130.5 in the degenerate contest. Not looking too good on either count. I am really bad at this.

I NEVER thought UVA could hang 42 in a half and get such separation at the same time.
    I really think we are much better than usual this year offensively. Not as good defensively though. Fortunately, FSU has missed a ton of FTs and decent looks from 3, and also has several unforced (or semi-forced) turnovers. In other words, I'm actually much more surprised by FSU's low score than UVA's high score.

I really think we are much better than usual this year offensively. Not as good defensively though. Fortunately, FSU has missed a ton of FTs and decent looks from 3, and also has several unforced (or semi-forced) turnovers. In other words, I'm actually much more surprised by FSU's low score than UVA's high score.
    At least the scoring pace has slowed down. Only 20 pts have been scored in the first 10 minutes of the second half. I have a shot at the under. Typically I tend to see more total points in the second half vs. the first half.

As far as FSU +8.5 goes, however, FSU is down by 21. Surprising! and it would take quite rally to get to within 8.5, and to do so would probably cost me the o/u. If I can split this one, I'll be happy

Kyle Guy straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥 late in the half to give my Wahoos a big lead at the half - up 42-23. Some of those late 3s were Reddick-esque. Just coming off of screens and pulling - didn't even care if they were contested. Even had a 1-on-1 step back deep 3. I don't think we'll lose many games when EITHER Guy or Jerome are on fire like that.

Mark down 1 week from today when f$u plays their "championship" game.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

At least the scoring pace has slowed down. Only 20 pts have been scored in the first 10 minutes of the second half. I have a shot at the under. Typically I tend to see more total points in the second half vs. the first half.

As far as FSU +8.5 goes, however, FSU is down by 21. Surprising! and it would take quite rally to get to within 8.5, and to do so would probably cost me the o/u. If I can split this one, I'll be happy
    Yeah, almost as soon as I posted, UVA's offense ground to a near halt, lol. About right. Fortunately, FSU not scoring either.

Will FSU even manage to score 40? Can they really be the #14 team in the country, or is UVA a total monster this year?

Yeah, almost as soon as I posted, UVA's offense ground to a near halt, lol. About right. Fortunately, FSU not scoring either.
    Am I seeing this right? Is it possible the internet is wrong? With 5:34 left in the second half, the scoring in the half is UVA 13, FSU 9?

What is this, middle school ball?

Am I seeing this right? Is it possible the internet is wrong? With 5:34 left in the second half, the scoring in the half is UVA 13, FSU 9?

What is this, middle school ball?
    Yeah - a TON of bricks out there. Neither of these teams allow much going to the basket/in the paint, so if you're not shooting jumpers well, it's a tough go to put points on the board. Refs have also allowed a good amount of bodying on drives by both teams, which hurts converting in the paint.

Additionally, UVa almost NEVER turns it over, and also rarely pushes the ball OFF of turnovers, so nobody's getting anything easy in transition either. Basically, UVA in the first half was draining a ton of jumpers and built a big lead. other than that, it's been fairly similar quality of ball - slight edge to us in just playing smart and clean on D.