Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    We don't know what information Gettleman was privy to before or after the draft. This statement was made on Saturday. Maybe he got confirmation from the other two GMs after the fact.
    perhaps so, but he could NOT have known "for a fact" when he selected Jones, so his justification seems a bit shaky. I hope it's all a moot point and Jones does exceedingly well. I'm far from convinced that Gettleman will still be around (given some of his moves) when Eli hands the ball over to Daniel (presumably at least a year or two away).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ... I hope it's all a moot point and Jones does exceedingly well. ...
    I hope it's all a moo point and DJ beats the COWboys twice a year for the next 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Interview started slowly -- kinda repetitive -- but got more interesting at the end.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I hope it's all a moo point and DJ beats the COWboys twice a year for the next 15 years.
    Eagles fan agrees 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    It's entertaining to read DBR posters hating on the Cowboys because it is exactly the same as the general public hating on Duke or hating on the Yankees.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    It's entertaining to read DBR posters hating on the Cowboys because it is exactly the same as the general public hating on Duke or hating on the Yankees.
    the cowboys haven't been to the super bowl in 24 years. They're not america's team like they used to be.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    the cowboys haven't been to the super bowl in 24 years. They're not america's team like they used to be.
    October 3, 2018
    FRISCO - America's Team doubles as America's favorite television to watch, data released Wednesday by NFL media shows. Each of the Cowboys' four games so far this season ranked in the top-15 most-watched shows in the United States from Sept. 6-30, according to the market research company Nielsen. The Cowboys' season opener at Carolina generated the most viewers of any television show in the September stretch, at 23.4 million. The Cowboys' loss to the Seahawks ranked second with 22.2 million, their Sunday night home opener over the Giants fifth at 20.7 million ranked fifth and last week's 26-24 win over the Lions ninth at 18.0 million.

That’s just for starters. There is plenty of other data to show that the Cowboys are by far the most-watched team in the NFL. This happens every year without fail, whether they are 12-4 or 6-10. Whether they get to the Super Bowl or not makes no difference to their popularity. That’s why they are considered to be America’s Team. The numbers back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    October 3, 2018
    FRISCO - America's Team doubles as America's favorite television to watch, data released Wednesday by NFL media shows. Each of the Cowboys' four games so far this season ranked in the top-15 most-watched shows in the United States from Sept. 6-30, according to the market research company Nielsen. The Cowboys' season opener at Carolina generated the most viewers of any television show in the September stretch, at 23.4 million. The Cowboys' loss to the Seahawks ranked second with 22.2 million, their Sunday night home opener over the Giants fifth at 20.7 million ranked fifth and last week's 26-24 win over the Lions ninth at 18.0 million.

That’s just for starters. There is plenty of other data to show that the Cowboys are by far the most-watched team in the NFL. This happens every year without fail, whether they are 12-4 or 6-10. Whether they get to the Super Bowl or not makes no difference to their popularity. That’s why they are considered to be America’s Team. The numbers back it up.
    I can attest to one thing -- the local stations in Denver will show the Cowboys in preference to any other NFC team, which is truly annoying.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

October 3, 2018

It's the cheerleaders...

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    It's the cheerleaders...
    Well, that certainly doesn’t hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I can attest to one thing -- the local stations in Denver will show the Cowboys in preference to any other NFC team, which is truly annoying.
    Are you a Broncos fan?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    And they only “were” because they called themselves it. Pretension run amok. Unlike the Yankees, Pats or us.

Not general public thing, a Stillers v boys thing. America's team my rump roast. That shall NEVER be a moo point.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    For Giants fans, it’s not the same. Long time rivalry. Ditto the Eagles and Washington. (and no doubt for them, the feeling’s mutual.)

Rex Ryan defends Giants pick of DJ at 6...but it's good news bad news...

Rex Ryan had predicted earlier in the day that the Giants would take DJ at 6, and they did. He also defended the pick and defended Jones, especially to those who compare Haskins stats to Jones' stats.

Of course, Rex did that by slamming the rest of Duke's team directly and by implication...

Nope

We have the GOAT at the helm. Most Duke fans are proud of the team but not boastful.

cowboys have Jerry Jones and the totally stupid "How about them Cowboys."

SoCal "Another Eagles Fan"

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    And they only “were” because they called themselves it. Pretension run amok. Unlike the Yankees, Pats or us.
    Whether or not they initially called themselves America’s Team is irrelevant. The fact is it had truth to it. That’s why the name has stuck and to this day is still a very commonly used way to refer to the Cowboys. Everyone knows to which team that title refers. You may not like it — which, by the way, is also irrelevant — but the television ratings back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Rex Ryan had predicted earlier in the day that the Giants would take DJ at 6, and they did. He also defended the pick and defended Jones, especially to those who compare Haskins stats to Jones' stats.

Of course, Rex did that by slamming the rest of Duke's team directly and by implication...
    Why did Ryan slam the Blue Devils? What’s this guy’s problem?

Not really. He said that Daniel Jones had played his entire career at Duke without playing with a single player who had or will play in the NFL. It may or may not be true about Duke offensive personnel over the past four years. Ryan contrasted that with Kyler Murray, who -- he said -- had two NFL-quality players on his HIGH SCHOOL team.

A backhanded compliment to Daniel, to be sure.
    Sage Grouse

Probably because Duke's OL allowed a ton of sacks and because Jones' receivers had literally the highest drop percentage of any group of receivers in the nation. He said those issues skewed Jones' statistics compared to say, Haskins, who had lots of time to throw and open receivers. He said Jones had to "throw receivers open" at Duke.