Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Jones to Panthers at #16? That would be fun (for those of us who are Panthers fans).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Jones to Panthers at #16? That would be fun (for those of us who are Panthers fans).
    Does that mean he'd have to wear those hideous clown colors? Is an exmption for the QB possible? More like rodeo outfits than football unis...

Best of luck to both, and thanks for all you did here!

Thank you very much Daniel Jones and Joe Giles-Harris! I thoroughly enjoyed watching you play. Here is wishing you both the best of luck in the NFL.
    Bob Green

I hope for the best for Daniel. I do not get to see all of the Duke football games, but from what I have seen I am unsure as to his prospects for being a successful NFL quarterback. That being said, I am the first to acknowledge that I am the last person anyone should rely on for assessing NFL talent. I hope the young man crushes it and has a long and successful career. And I agree, with his degree in hand and with the prospect of being drafted in the first round, why would he come back.

Makes me sad to see them leave early, but football is rough and an injury can end a career at any moment. Jones and Harris both had injury issues. Definitely the right move financially.

Quote Originally Posted by 1991 duke law View Post
    I hope for the best for Daniel. I do not get to see all of the Duke football games, but from what I have seen I am unsure as to his prospects for being a successful NFL quarterback. That being said, I am the first to acknowledge that I am the last person anyone should rely on for assessing NFL talent. I hope the young man crushes it and has a long and successful career. And I agree, with his degree in hand and with the prospect of being drafted in the first round, why would he come back.
    Agree with this. Worst case scenario, he kicks around the NFL for 3-4 years making good money, then takes his econ degree and NFL notoriety to Wall Street and his life is made. It's a no brainer for him. I wish him well, and if he can go first round, he will still be helping Duke FB even after he is gone. And if he's a success in the NFL, then that's even better. But by going this year, takes the risk out of worst case. Good for him.

That said, I don't see him going ahead of Haskins, Lock or Grier. One mock draft (FWIW, which may not be much) had only Lock in the first round, and Haskins if Haskins comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    STATEMENT FROM JOE GILES-HARRIS
    The last four years of my life have been some of the best. It has been a blessing and privilege to wear Duke blue and represent this great university.
    After much thought, I have decided to forgo my last year of eligibility and enter the NFL Draft to pursue my lifelong dream of playing professional football.
    Thank you to Duke University, Dr. White, Coach Cutcliffe, the entire Duke football staff and Blue Devil fans for providing me with an unforgettable experience.
    I’d also like to thank my family for their continuous love and support throughout this journey. If it were not for them, I would not be the man I am. Finally, I give all glory to God because without Him, none of this would be possible!
    I’m willing to bet that Joe got a very cordial text from Coach Danowski, that mentioned how unique and special it would be to play for a national championship alongside his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    I think he's NFL bound without a doubt. The time is right for him, and the kid has the skills. Size, a strong arm, and usually makes excellent decisions. Oh, and he can run the ball too. I wish him well, and thank him for playing here.
    All that being said, I am sick of seeing university sports being reduced into little more than proving grounds for pro sports..
    Colleges are proving grounds for all kids there with special talents who might or might not go pro in their field. Sports is an extracurricular while many like Computer Scientists credit their time just to a degree after which they definitely go pro. (Like me!) To play some sports at a high level equates to almost a full time job after school. All evidence points to Duke players going to class and passing with many academic all Americans. Hardly achievements to scoff at.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    I’m willing to bet that Joe got a very cordial text from Coach Danowski, that mentioned how unique and special it would be to play for a national championship alongside his brother.
    I'm confused.

I'm confused.
    Play lacrosse while preparing for NFL draft. I doubt it.

I'm confused.

Joe was first-team all-State as a close defenseman. He was as heavily recruited for lacrosse as he was for football. Duke graduated a starting defenseman and a starting LSM.

ESPN seems to like him

Duke QB Daniel Jones, potential first-round pick, declares for NFL draft

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/st...ares-nfl-draft

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Duke QB Daniel Jones, potential first-round pick, declares for NFL draft

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/st...ares-nfl-draft

yeah...seems like a decent bet for first round.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    That would be a unique way to rehab a knee injury.

Anyone have a sense of JGH's draft stock?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Anyone have a sense of JGH's draft stock?
    Assuming the knee injury heals in time for workouts, I'm told fourth or fifth round seems likely.

This article has some impressions of Jones, and also mentions TJ Rahming as a draft prospect based on his bowl performance. Was he previously on anyone's radar?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/04/bo...rospect-stocks

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    This article has some impressions of Jones, and also mentions TJ Rahming as a draft prospect based on his bowl performance. Was he previously on anyone's radar?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/04/bo...rospect-stocks
    The article also says Rahming can return punts and similar to Jamison Crowder. I beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    The article also says Rahming can return punts and similar to Jamison Crowder. I beg to differ.
    Not even close. GoDuke!