Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Senior Bowl player measurements were revealed today:

https://www.cover1.net/senior-bowl-w...-measurements/

Daniel Jones taped out at 6'5" 220 with 9 3/4" hands.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Senior Bowl player measurements were revealed today:

https://www.cover1.net/senior-bowl-w...-measurements/

Daniel Jones taped out at 6'5" 220 with 9 3/4" hands.
    Hand measurement is something teams, especially cold weather teams, look at. There are a couple on the other squad with bigger hands, but no one else on the East.

As for the discussion on the WRs being average or below...I'd say in some areas, they were average, but on, say, 50-50 balls and other tough catches? Way below average IMO. I think Bobo will greatly improve the 50-50 / tough catch production, and I think Garner will bring more speed...so a changing of the guard at this position might be just what the doctor ordered...

Jones at 10?

Washington Post has a mock draft with Jones going to Denver at 10. The good news is that would mean he wouldn't be available for the Washington team.

Today's NY Post

Making the Jones-Manning(s) connection (obviously via Cut).

https://nypost.com/2019/01/22/possib...ce=twitter_app

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Making the Jones-Manning(s) connection (obviously via Cut).

https://nypost.com/2019/01/22/possib...ce=twitter_app
    Good read.

I’m not a Giants fan, and Giants fans may disagree- there is a throwaway line in that article about how bad an NFL QB Dave Brown was.

I don’t recall Dave Brown being a susperstar by any stretch. My (flawed) memory says he was a servicable QB- not top or bottom tier, maybe average/middle third of the league as far as QBs went.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Good read.

I’m not a Giants fan, and Giants fans may disagree- there is a throwaway line in that article about how bad an NFL QB Dave Brown was.

I don’t recall Dave Brown being a susperstar by any stretch. My (flawed) memory says he was a servicable QB- not top or bottom tier, maybe average/middle third of the league as far as QBs went.
    Dave Brown had the serious misfortune of following Phil Simms, who was much vilified while playing but became very popular once he retired.

Brown had some serviceable years. But he never overcame an inclination to throw the ball to the other team.

If you look at the news on the senior bowl, it looks like Daniel Jones is moving into the top ten. Specifically, the analysts that tweet their thoughts. It looks like the Giants and Broncos are interested with Miami and Washington highly interested. Miami and Washington might need to trade up.
    Last edited by nmduke2001; 01-23-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Senior Bowl practice report (N.Y. Giants website):

https://www.giants.com/news/senior-b...ce-report-1-22

Duke’s Daniel Jones is very solid at the quarterback position. His arm is good enough to make all the throws. He is accurate. He has good fundamentals and displayed some mobility. It looks like he sees the field well and stays calm in the pocket. He fit the ball into some tight spots on Tuesday. You know exactly what you are going to get with Jones.
    Bob Green

Daniel Jones displaying his arm talent:

https://twitter.com/CDonScouting/sta...41781717352448
    Bob Green

Daniel threw two picks during the indoor practice today. Also getting a lot of grief because he is directing all questions to his agent and will no longer be speaking with the media before the senior bowl.

From @NFLDraft on Twitter:

Daniel Jones says he received a first- round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board. #SeniorBowl

Jones also said he met with the #Dolphins on Monday at the #SeniorBowl.

The rise that Jones has made over three years is really amazing. To think that we have an early-entry candidate at a skill position who will likely go first round is a big step for the program.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Daniel threw two picks during the indoor practice today. Also getting a lot of grief because he is directing all questions to his agent and will no longer be speaking with the media before the senior bowl.
    I wonder if that is that common for senior bowl participants, or if there was some problem with questions directed at him that prompted this?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I wonder if that is that common for senior bowl participants, or if there was some problem with questions directed at him that prompted this?
    I would read that as “he has a first-round pick assured and doesn’t want to offer any chance of jeopardizing that by putting his foot in his mouth.”

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I would read that as “he has a first-round pick assured and doesn’t want to offer any chance of jeopardizing that by putting his foot in his mouth.”
    It would seem pretty surprising if a team had promised to take him in the first round this early in the process, and I would be hesitant to take such a promise for granted at this stage. There is a lot of time between now and the draft. Players have been passed over by teams that promised to draft them when another player turned out to be unexpectedly available before, I'm not sure I would want all my eggs in that basket.

It would seem pretty surprising if a team had promised to take him in the first round this early in the process, and I would be hesitant to take such a promise for granted at this stage. There is a lot of time between now and the draft. Players have been passed over by teams that promised to draft them when another player turned out to be unexpectedly available before, I'm not sure I would want all my eggs in that basket.
    But how does not talking to the media hurt him?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    But how does not talking to the media hurt him?
    I sort of mis-interpreted the post and assumed he wasn't taking questions from reporters or team scouts which was a mistake on my part. I'm not quite sure why I inferred that for no reason.

Not talking to the media only hurts him in that he might get less positive coverage from media members annoyed that he won't talk to him, but I doubt that really matters leading up to the draft. It does seem like it would be smart to take some media questions to get himself out there...even as a Duke fan I haven't really seen much of DJ talking and folks who don't follow Duke likely haven't seen him at all. Seems smart to start building a little bit of name/face recognition.

Yep. It's basketball but Gary Trent Jr's dad was adamant that he was going first round.

I sort of mis-interpreted the post and assumed he wasn't taking questions from reporters or team scouts which was a mistake on my part. I'm not quite sure why I inferred that for no reason.

Not talking to the media only hurts him in that he might get less positive coverage from media members annoyed that he won't talk to him, but I doubt that really matters leading up to the draft. It does seem like it would be smart to take some media questions to get himself out there...even as a Duke fan I haven't really seen much of DJ talking and folks who don't follow Duke likely haven't seen him at all. Seems smart to start building a little bit of name/face recognition.
    Here is the tweet from one of the bronco reporters.
    https://twitter.com/brandonspano/status/1088152102164140032?s=21
    “I heard it earlier and wasn’t sure but I’ve just been informed again that if you want to talk to Daniel Jones for the rest of the week, you need to talk to his agent.

After appearing unlikabke yesterday, this is a bad decision when trying to build value around your character.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    Yep. It's basketball but Gary Trent Jr's dad was adamant that he was going first round.
    Difference here is that others are actually saying it too. Whereas all of the folks in the know were saying Trent wasn’t a first-rounder.