Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlue666s View Post
    As far as assist-to-turnover ratios, Tre is putting up numbers not seen yet in Dukes History ...
    DukeMBB posted this on Twitter during the Clemson game... my jaw hit the floor.

Most CAREER 7+ Assist/0 TO Games (Duke History)
    1. @Tre3Jones: 4
    1. @steve_wojo: 4
    1. @BobbyHurley11: 4
    1. Tommy Amaker: 4

Tre Stones has played 13 games at Duke.

10 points, 9 dimes tonight.

#DukeMBBStats
    In short: through 13 games of his freshman year, Tre has as many games with 7+ assists and 0 turnovers as Hurley, Wojo, and Amaker had in each of their CAREERS at Duke. This kid is something else.

Javin

He was 3 for 3 tonight. Made a 4th basket but it was waved off...(I think maybe RJ fouled a player on the other team at the same time?)

That, I believe, gives him 20 straight made baskets and ties the ACC record for consecutive made shots. Great job Javin!
    Last edited by 22JumpShots; 01-08-2019 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Wording

Road Wins

The streak i have always found amazing, considering how hard an ACC road win can be. 23 straight ACC road wins. Ended at Virginia 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by 22JumpShots View Post
    He was 3 for 3 tonight. Made a 4th basket but it was waved off...(I think maybe RJ fouled a player on the other team at the same time?)

That, I believe, gives him 20 straight made baskets and ties the ACC record for consecutive made shots. Great job Javin!
    Alas, it's only 18 straight made baskets for Javin. Which puts him in 2nd place on the Duke list (tied with Ryan Kelly), behind Alaa Abdelnaby with 20. Though I'm not sure whether or not Alaa holds the ACC record or just the Duke record.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    FWIW, Tre's a/to ratio is now 5.85:1, after 9 assists vs. 0 turnovers against Clemson.
    After Tre's 7 assist, 1 TO performance against Wake, his a/to ratio is now 5.93:1.

Against Clemson, Javin DeLaurier made his 15th consecutive field goal. The Duke record is 20 set by Alaa Abdelnaby in 1988-89. (Ryan Kelly is 2nd, with 18 straight in 2010-11.)
    Since his 30 year record may soon be eclipsed, it’s also good to recall that Alaa was (and probably still is) funny. He was very talented but not the hardest working guy on the team (though he ramped things up for his senior year and became a 1st round draft choice). And he should be remembered for pointing out that Duke was academically hard and that the only way he’d get 5 A’s on his transcript would be to sign his name.

It's possible I missed one or two (though I don't think so), but here are all the Duke players I could find in the Coach K era who in their first 12 games of the season averaged 4+ apg and 2:1 a/to or better:

SELECTED DUKE PG A/TO RATIOS AFTER 12 GAMES
    Code:
    Year	Player			12gmA	12gmTO	12 a/to	season a/to
    2010	Jon Scheyer		77	14	5.50	2.98
    2019	Tre Jones		67	13	5.15	???
    2018	Trevon Duval		80	23	3.48	2.03
    1989	Quin Snyder		88	26	3.38	2.17
    1997	Wojo			77	23	3.35	3.03
    1986	Tom Amaker		82	26	3.15	2.51
    2015	Tyus Jones		66	22	3.00	2.86
    2014	Quinn Cook		78	26	3.00	2.68
    2018	Grayson Allen		53	19	2.79	2.18
    2003	Chris Duhon		98	36	2.72	2.16
    1992	Bob Hurley		97	36	2.69	2.17
    2001	Chris Duhon		63	24	2.63	2.85
    1999	Will Avery		80	31	2.58	1.92
    2004	Chris Duhon		76	30	2.53	2.16
    1985	Tom Amaker		80	32	2.50	2.88
    2002	Chris Duhon		76	31	2.45	2.26
    1993	Bob Hurley		98	41	2.39	2.43
    2013	Quinn Cook		71	30	2.37	2.41
    1998	Wojo			64	28	2.29	2.56
    This table tells me two things: (1) Tre Jones is having a great season so far (2nd best a/to ratio over first 12 games); and (b) it seems unlikely Tre's a/to will be above 3.0 by the end of the season.

Obviously only time will tell.

How do you conclude point (b)? There is only one person who has started off with such a high percentage, and Scheyer ended up very close to 3.0.

Wojo maintained his average nicely.

I see that averages declined generally, although there were plenty of people who improved over the year.

Long story, short: as you say, only time will tell. But these numbers tell me Tre has a good shot to end up over 3.0 and a shot at grabbing the record from Wojo.
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Since his 30 year record may soon be eclipsed, it’s also good to recall that Alaa was (and probably still is) funny. He was very talented but not the hardest working guy on the team (though he ramped things up for his senior year and became a 1st round draft choice). And he should be remembered for pointing out that Duke was academically hard and that the only way he’d get 5 A’s on his transcript would be to sign his name.
    Alaa is still smart and funny and announces for the 76ers, I think. He's a good follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Long story, short: as you say, only time will tell. But these numbers tell me Tre has a good shot to end up over 3.0 and a shot at grabbing the record from Wojo.
    Maybe. His ratio has only gotten better in the two games since I made my (possibly ill-advised) pronouncement.

Zion's PER Rating

Last edited by slower; 01-09-2019 at 07:41 AM. Reason: pasting into an earlier post

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    The NBA season record for PER is Wilt Chamberlain's 31.82 rating.

The NCAA record is John Brown's (High Point) 36.93.

Zion is currently sitting at a ridiculous PER of 42.10.
    http://insider.espn.com/mens-college...ger/statistics

After the WF game, Zion's PER (Player Efficiency Rating) now sits at an insane 44.43.

Consider this: the gap between Zion and the 2nd-rated player is the same as the gap between the 2nd-rated player and the 30th-rated player.

Read that sentence again and think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 22JumpShots View Post

Do they not count a shot as a miss if a player is fouled on the attempt and then goes to the free throw line? Javin missed from the left baseline in the second half but was fouled, making the second of the two free throws he was awarded.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Do they not count a shot as a miss if a player is fouled on the attempt and then goes to the free throw line? Javin missed from the left baseline in the second half but was fouled, making the second of the two free throws he was awarded.
    No, and that’s the fair way to record it. It’s not the shooting player’s fault if they get hacked and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Wojo maintained his average nicely.

Wojo es mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Not an official shot....UNLESS...it goes in....the "and one" situation. Then it goes down as 1 for 1 on the play.

After the Clemson game:

Marques's block percentage is now 12.3%, still well ahead of Shelden Williams's Duke record of 10.6%.

Cam's steal percentage increased to 4.8%, obviously still ahead of Wojo's Duke record of 4.5%.
    After the Wake game:

Marques had two blocks in 20 minutes, lowering his block percentage to 12.0%, but still well ahead of Shelden Williams's Duke record of 10.6%.

Cam went steal-less, lowering his steal percentage to 4.5%, tied with Wojo's Duke record of 4.5%.

Alas, it's only 18 straight made baskets for Javin. Which puts him in 2nd place on the Duke list (tied with Ryan Kelly), behind Alaa Abdelnaby with 20. Though I'm not sure whether or not Alaa holds the ACC record or just the Duke record.
    According to GoDuke.com, Alaa's 20 straight is an ACC record. GoDuke.com also said Javin had made 16 straight going into last night (which would give him 19 straight now), but I've checked the box scores, like 10 times, from several different sources, and he's only had 15 straight going into last night, thus giving him 18 straight now.

According to GoDuke.com, Alaa's 20 straight is an ACC record. GoDuke.com also said Javin had made 16 straight going into last night (which would give him 19 straight now), but I've checked the box scores, like 10 times, from several different sources, and he's only had 15 straight going into last night, thus giving him 18 straight now.
    Javin has gone 18 for 18 in this last six games. The previous game was Stetson. ESPN and the GoDuke play-by-play shows his last shot attempt in that game was missed. Not sure how they get 19.

At some point last night the announcers kept talking about how he tied the record and even put up a banner on the bottom of the screen saying he had 20 straight... if the game ups to YT Ill search for the time stamp and link it.

Either they were wrong or I am mis-remembering - which both are likely so ...

Edit - Yup I mis-remembered...announcers were saying 19 (see pic) and then I was upset when he would have had 20 but they waved it off.

gjhjghjghjghj.jpg

I am going to assume this record will never be broken.

Duke player, who played in at least one NBA game, with the most career Duke teammates to play in at least one regular season NBA game.

Grayson Allen - 15

Quinn Cook, Tyus Jones, Justise Winslow, Jah Okafor, Amile Jefferson, Marshall Plumlee, Semi Ojeleye, Luke Kennard, Brandon Ingram, Jayson Tatum, Harry Giles, Frank Jackson, Gary Trent Jr., Wendell Carter Jr., Marvin Bagley

Potential Addtions - 7
    Chase Jeter, Javin Deslaurier, Marques Bolden, Jack White, Derryck Thornton, Trevon Duval, Alex O'Connell