View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over BC tonight?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marques Bolden

2 1.82%
  • Zion Williamson

12 10.91%
  • RJ Barrett

0 0%
  • Cam Reddish

96 87.27%
  • Tre Jones

0 0%
  • Jack White

0 0%
  • Alex O'Connell

0 0%
  • Javin Delaurier

0 0%
  • Jordan Goldwire

0 0%
  • Justin Robinson

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke v Boston College (Feb 5, 2019)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over BC tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Tough one

I went with Cam, but Zion also was deserving.

Very nice game by RJ, Bolden had some nice moments, Tre shut down Bowman, Cam was magnificent.

MOTM was ZION!!!!

Proud of Cam. He gets my vote.

Cam

I voted for Cam, b/c i've never had reason to before, and he had a very nice game, doing things he hasn't done much of at all, or at least well, this year.
    Honestly though, Zion's stat line was better, and normally would have garnered the MOTM vote for such a performance.

Cam. Zion with 17 boards needs to work on his dunks😊

Westtown School's own Cameron Reddish!

Fear the Moose!

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Cam. Zion with 17 boards needs to work on his dunks😊
    That’s cus Zion can’t dunk.

I went into the game hoping to vote for someone other than Zion. Not that I have anything against Zion (he’s the most entertaining college basketball player in the last 20 years), but I wanted to see Cam, RJ, Tre, Bolden, or White get MOTM.

And Cam did not disappoint! Bolden also had an amazing game.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

That was a really quiet 24 points from Cam, but despite all the hype going to Zion and RJ, he was my MOTM.

Thought Cam was fantastic and gave him my vote, though I was tempted to give it to Bolden because he was really good all game on both offense and defense. Sometimes he hangs his head when he misses out on a loose ball or rebound, but he went after it on every play. Good for Marques.

I’m delighted to vote for Cam tonight!

Zion had another (quiet) great game, and I’m glad his missed dunk came in a game when we didn’t need the points. As he got the ball and started towards the basket, 9416 people rose in unison to watch! I’m sure the miss will be a Sports Center highlight tonight.

Tre’s defense , with help from Zion and Marques, was magnificent against Bowman!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Was really happy to be able to choose Cam as the ZOTM

I agree with DukieInBrasil. Zion had an incredible all-around game, but I am so happy to vote for Cam, who lit it up tonight!

Great all around game by Cam. Looks more comfortable out there.

Shout out to Tre for another leadership game.

Love seeing Marques continue to progress.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Really happy for Cam. Good to see him get the post game interviews. He handled it well. Bolden continues to impress also. Tre, RJ, and Zion are alright too.

Voted for Zion with 16 points (7 for 12), 17 boards, 4 steals, 3 blocks, and 3 assists.

Very glad to see others are starting to agree Cam is our best shooter. IMO, love for Cam is overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Really happy for Cam. Good to see him get the post game interviews. He handled it well. Bolden continues to impress also. Tre, RJ, and Zion are alright too.
    I felt like he really didn't want the post game interview, though. His answers made it seem like he didn't want the attention and that he really just wanted to get it over with and head to the locker room.

Cam strikes me as the quietest/most introverted of the freshmen. Which is fine, he's a damn good player, and I'm really happy to see him have a great game. This could be a once in a lifetime recruiting class, not only in terms of talent, but personalities that mesh well together. RJ is probably the most "alpha" of the group, but he's just as happy to share the spotlight with the other guys. Fantastic group of kids.

Cam Reddish earned my MOTM vote for his overall play. As others have commented, his game had flow.

Runner up: Zion Williamson with 16 points, 17 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 blocks. He missed a couple of dunks he should have made. On the first miss, he simply was hot dogging too much -- he needs to ensure his priority is to score two points rather than executing a highlight reel extravaganza ESPN can replay a gazillion times. On the second miss, the ball slipped out of his hands. His facial expression left no doubt how angry he was with himself.

Honorable mention: Tre Jones with solid on ball defense, 3 assists and 0 turnovers.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 02-06-2019 at 07:27 PM. Reason: English
    Bob Green

It is something when a guy can go for 16 (on 12 FGA) points, 17 rebounds (!), 4 steals, and 3 blocks and not get a sniff of the honor. We have become too accustomed to otherworldly Zion that even a superhuman effort like last night gets overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    It is something when a guy can go for 16 (on 12 FGA) points, 17 rebounds (!), 4 steals, and 3 blocks and not get a sniff of the honor. We have become too accustomed to otherworldly Zion that even a superhuman effort like last night gets overlooked.
    I totally disagree. We are not allowed to vote on second place. The award went to a guy who was the leading scorer and who hit a few momentum changing threes...something this team badly needs. It's nothing to do with over looking Zion. Nothing like that at all. I would be everybody who voted Cam would have put Zion next in a skinny minute.