We had one of these threads last year and it is probably worth launching one for this season as well. Many seem to think Duke is playing the best D we have seen in many years (at least since 2010). Kedsy is the genius who has all the great defensive stats and I leave it to him to provide us with an ongoing tally of what Duke is doing**.

But, I wanted to get the thread started with this article praising the phenomenal on the ball D from Tre Jones. I think Tre is our best on-the-ball defender since at least Duhon, maybe since Wojo or maybe even Billy King. Truly remarkable for a freshman!

Jones’ knee bruise came when he dove on the floor for a loose ball, easily the sixth time in the game the freshman point guard had done so. While slapping the floor to prepare for a defensive stand has long been a tradition at Duke, this year’s team, led by Jones, is doing so with their bodies, not their palms.

Zion Williamson, the team’s 285-pound future NBA draft pick, has also made a habit of throwing himself to the floor to corral loose balls. The effort has produced a suffocating pressure defense not seen in Durham since the heyday of the early 1990s.
-Jason "**- I know Kedsy posts his stats in the post game thread, but I am hoping he will do it here too so we can track the D on an ongoing basis from game-to-game" Evans