Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gonzaga falls

I suppose I could have misunderstood, but it is a quote of what he said. Since Villanova won 2 of the last 3 championships, I'm not exactly sure how I could have misunderstood his meaning. Did Villanova not do it right once?

If Few and Williams are truly friends, it is a very odd statement. Maybe it is a misquote in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby91 View Post
    I suppose I could have misunderstood, but it is a quote of what he said. Since Villanova won 2 of the last 3 championships, I'm not exactly sure how I could have misunderstood his meaning. Did Villanova not do it right once?

If Few and Williams are truly friends, it is a very odd statement. Maybe it is a misquote in the article.
    Everybody is friends with Roy, according to Roy.

The quote could have meant 2 or the last 3 champions and not 2 of the last 3 years (although the article specifically states years). That would bring 2015 Duke into the discussion. Probably not worrying about on Monday afternoon.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby91 View Post
    The quote could have meant 2 or the last 3 champions and not 2 of the last 3 years (although the article specifically states years). That would bring 2015 Duke into the discussion. Probably not worrying about on Monday afternoon.
    Or, he could have been specifically referring to Villanova.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Or, he could have been specifically referring to Villanova.
    I think this is it. Read the quote as just a description of Villanova and nothing else:

"And there's a lot of teams who do it right - the national champions two out of the last three years. There's a lot of great things. This thing is worth saving."

I enjoy the appearance of shade toward UNC, but I think he’s identifying Villanova and not talking about UNC at all.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I think this is it. Read the quote as just a description of Villanova and nothing else:

"And there's a lot of teams who do it right - the national champions two out of the last three years. There's a lot of great things. This thing is worth saving."

I enjoy the appearance of shade toward UNC, but I think he’s identifying Villanova and not talking about UNC at all.
    But in the context of that quote, by not talking about UNC Few is talking about UNC.

Mark Few on the Cheats

Few was quoted saying the following on NCAA corruption:

"There's two teams today who were competing who do it right. I know that to be true," Few said, referring to Gonzaga and Tennessee. "And there's a lot of teams who do it right -- the national champions two out of the last three years. There's a lot of great things. This thing is worth saving."

The last three years were obviously Villanova, UNC, Villanova. I'm hoping that the reason he didn't say four years is simply wanting to be clear that he doesn't think UNC "[does] it right".

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    Few was quoted saying the following on NCAA corruption:

"There's two teams today who were competing who do it right. I know that to be true," Few said, referring to Gonzaga and Tennessee. "And there's a lot of teams who do it right -- the national champions two out of the last three years. There's a lot of great things. This thing is worth saving."

The last three years were obviously Villanova, UNC, Villanova. I'm hoping that the reason he didn't say four years is simply wanting to be clear that he doesn't think UNC "[does] it right".
    This is a funny thing for Mark to say. I routinely see Nova fans talking about their players drive around campus in nice cars and such. And now Nova is winning recruiting battles against Duke and Kansas. So you wonder what Mark's sources are on this. Perhpas he just sees the world as if his program is a David while there are certain Goliaths around. Frankly, begging for justice when the whole of the sport is looking corrupt is not a good look for Few.

Few refuted the interpretation of his comments as anti-UNC

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-3-point-woes/

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Few refuted the interpretation of his comments as anti-UNC

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-3-point-woes/
    Everybody knows the Cheaters don't cheat. Mark Few, wake up!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Everybody knows the Cheaters don't cheat. Mark Few, wake up!
    So Few is upset that some schools cheat and still go to the tourney, but thinks Roy is classy and UNC does everything right. How ridiculous is that and how can he be such a buffoon? Is he illiterate?

Wish I knew a Gonzaga fan to try to better understand Few’s comments.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    So Few is upset that some schools cheat and still go to the tourney, but thinks Roy is classy and UNC does everything right. How ridiculous is that and how can he be such a buffoon? Is he illiterate?

Perhaps he doesn't want to provide bulletin board material and/or wake up the sheep fans for the game at the dean's myth center this weekend.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I'm a Duke fan, but I understand it perfectly. He said about UNC pretty much what K has said about UNC for 35 years....K praised UNLV as a program before the 1990 Finals...
    These people are public figures and not hiding behind anonymous keyboard names. They are also in a pretty small exclusive club. This is no surprise at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I'm a Duke fan, but I understand it perfectly. He said about UNC pretty much what K has said about UNC for 35 years...K praised UNLV as a program before the 1990 Finals...
    These people are public figures and not hiding behind anonymous keyboard names. They are also in a pretty small exclusive club. This is no surprise at all.
    Well then, he shouldn’t make any statement about the corrupt program rather than praising that program. Seems to make his trashing of Emmert hypocritical. Sometimes I think Bobby Knight is the most honest coach or ex-coach around, and that’s a real sad statement.

Sometimes I think Bobby Knight is the most honest coach or ex-coach around, and that’s a real sad statement.
    What is sad about that? He has flaws, as well all do. He also has admirable qualities. Among those is honesty any that one makes up for some of the flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    What is sad about that? He has flaws, as well all do. He also has admirable qualities. Among those is honesty any that one makes up for some of the flaws.
    I can’t argue with any of the above.