View Poll Results: Who wins? Who will sit on the Throne at the end of the series

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen

    6 24.00%
  • Sansa Stark

    2 8.00%
  • Arya Stark

    0 0%
  • Daenerys Targaryen

    5 20.00%
  • Cersei Lannister

    0 0%
  • Jaime Lannister

    0 0%
  • Tyrian Lannister

    3 12.00%
  • Theon Greyjoy

    0 0%
  • Samwell Tarley

    1 4.00%
  • Bronn of the Blackwater

    0 0%
  • Gendry Baratheon

    1 4.00%
  • Lyanna Mormont (you know we all want to see this!!)

    0 0%
  • The Night King

    2 8.00%
  • Other (explain in post

    5 20.00%
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 841 to 855 of 855
  1. #841
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Sansa disagrees with y'all. For the most part.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/he...Nzy?li=BBnb7Kz
    Sophie Turner has made these points before (that criticism is not fair because the people on set worked super-hard), but they are not germane to the criticisms leveled at the showrunners/writers and their poor storytelling (in terms of pacing, plot holes, character motivations, inconsistencies, etc.). No one is really complaining about the costumes or the sets or the score or the cinematography or the acting, so she is missing the point. She has also publicly lashed out at fans because she fundamentally misunderstood these criticisms; she apparently believed people are just upset because Dany died or because people wanted someone else to end up on the throne. I disagree with her and think the criticisms are entirely valid.

  2. #842
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    And here is a summary of the recent panel Benioff and Weiss did at the Austin Film Festival. It is worth a read to see just how far in over their heads these fools were from the start and the revelation that they really had no idea what they were doing all along.

    It just seems like even as the show evolved into the success it became, the duo—who scripted the vast majority of the series, taking on even more work when the show began outpacing the source material from George R.R. Martin—were still, apparently, largely unsure about anything they were doing. This includes understanding the characters they wrote (something they mostly left to the actors inhabiting those roles, in earlier seasons), or even production details like considering bringing women or people of color into the writing process.
    -Jason "thank god these dudes are no longer working in the Star Wars universe... I will freely predict that whatever they do for Netflix will look gorgeous and be ultimately really unsatisfying from a story standpoint" Evans
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  3. #843
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    And here is a summary of the recent panel Benioff and Weiss did at the Austin Film Festival. It is worth a read to see just how far in over their heads these fools were from the start and the revelation that they really had no idea what they were doing all along.



    -Jason "thank god these dudes are no longer working in the Star Wars universe... I will freely predict that whatever they do for Netflix will look gorgeous and be ultimately really unsatisfying from a story standpoint" Evans
    That article is a stunning read, assuming it's all accurate. No reason to assume it isn't, as it's built off quotes from the principles.

    Two questions come to mind:

    How did they get HBO to hand them such large stacks of money?

    How were they so successful for so long?

    Divisive final season aside, most people would agree that the first, say, 5 seasons are empirically good if not great television. Was it as simple as running out of GRRM material?

  4. #844
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    That article is a stunning read, assuming it's all accurate. No reason to assume it isn't, as it's built off quotes from the principles.

    Two questions come to mind:

    How did they get HBO to hand them such large stacks of money?

    How were they so successful for so long?

    Divisive final season aside, most people would agree that the first, say, 5 seasons are empirically good if not great television. Was it as simple as running out of GRRM material?
    Whoa. Yeah, this is the question I have after reading that. They're not putting us on, right? That really makes them sound inept. I'd assumed they just ran out of source material and got anxious to wrap things up and those two things combined to fuel the rush job in the final two seasons. This makes their character betrayals more understandable though...

  5. #845
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northwest NC
    Disclaimer: I have not read one post of this thread because I have not seen the series and didn't want anything spoiled in case I decide to watch it. I have read the first 4 books but have never watched any of the HBO series. My question is, and please remember no spoilers, now that you have seen the entire thing is the controversy and disappointment over the ending a reason for me not to watch the series? I want to see it but after all the outcry now I am hesitant. Would you still recommend it?
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

  6. #846
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Disclaimer: I have not read one post of this thread because I have not seen the series and didn't want anything spoiled in case I decide to watch it. I have read the first 4 books but have never watched any of the HBO series. My question is, and please remember no spoilers, now that you have seen the entire thing is the controversy and disappointment over the ending a reason for me not to watch the series? I want to see it but after all the outcry now I am hesitant. Would you still recommend it?
    I read the books as well.

    The first several seasons are stupendous. I'd go through season 5 and then see how you are feeling.

    Sadly, it seems somewhat likely that this is the only ending we will get, so I'm certainly glad I watched.

  7. #847
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    My question is, and please remember no spoilers, now that you have seen the entire thing is the controversy and disappointment over the ending a reason for me not to watch the series? I want to see it but after all the outcry now I am hesitant. Would you still recommend it?
    The GoT series has some fantastic moments, even in the later seasons. I recommend it if you can handle the source material. Anything that starts with sibling incest and the attempted murder of a kid only has one way to go. If that troubles you, don't bother I say go for it.

    I like to think of GoT's as a lot like Duke/UNC basketball. It starts off so good and strong that you shouldn't let one bad game against Leigh or someone run the entire season

  8. #848
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Correct side of the Durham/CH border
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    The GoT series has some fantastic moments, even in the later seasons. I recommend it if you can handle the source material. Anything that starts with sibling incest and the attempted murder of a kid only has one way to go. If that troubles you, don't bother I say go for it.

    I like to think of GoT's as a lot like Duke/UNC basketball. It starts off so good and strong that you shouldn't let one bad game against Leigh or someone run the entire season
    Nice dig Packman.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

  9. #849
    Rumors swirling that the anticipated GoT prequel starring Naomi Watts will not go forward at HBO...


    ...final seasons aside, there's still a lot of love for and interest in the GoT universe so I have to imagine something will get green-lit.

  10. #850
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Nice dig Packman.
    Those that can't win, make fun of those that can whenever possible.

  11. #851
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Rumors swirling that the anticipated GoT prequel starring Naomi Watts will not go forward at HBO...


    ...final seasons aside, there's still a lot of love for and interest in the GoT universe so I have to imagine something will get green-lit.
    Wow. Not a great week for GoT fans.

  12. #852
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Disclaimer: I have not read one post of this thread because I have not seen the series and didn't want anything spoiled in case I decide to watch it. I have read the first 4 books but have never watched any of the HBO series. My question is, and please remember no spoilers, now that you have seen the entire thing is the controversy and disappointment over the ending a reason for me not to watch the series? I want to see it but after all the outcry now I am hesitant. Would you still recommend it?
    I don't think the ending is any reason not to watch. It's really quite good for much of the run, and if you already like the story, I think you'd enjoy seeing it on screen.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

  13. #853
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I don't think the ending is any reason not to watch. It's really quite good for much of the run, and if you already like the story, I think you'd enjoy seeing it on screen.
    This ^^^ The first 5 seasons are also so well done that it alone is worth it imo. It just goes south where the books leave some characters and the show has to guess from there but the some of the shots are still stunning.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

  14. #854
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Rumors swirling that the anticipated GoT prequel starring Naomi Watts will not go forward at HBO...


    ...final seasons aside, there's still a lot of love for and interest in the GoT universe so I have to imagine something will get green-lit.
    The queen is dead, long live the queen.

  15. #855
    Article:

    In a Patreon-only episode of The Storm podcast, Vanity Fair's Joanna Robinson said she heard from sources that the duo were let go months ago, shortly after the divisive GoT series finale aired, and just before their Netflix deal, contrary to their statement. "I heard from some Disney folk that they were wondering, 'Do you think the backlash is flash-in-the-pan or here to stay?'" Robinson revealed, referring to the internet outrage at how Benioff and Weiss handled the GoT finale.

    The "toxicity" around GoT's finale combined with the anger around Star Wars: The Last Jedi was cited as a possible reason for their departure, as Disney allegedly wanted to avoid upsetting even more fans. "Weiss and Benioff were removed from the franchise over the summer, before they made their deal with Netflix," Robinson said. "My understanding is this was a soft firing and they didn't announce it, to allow Weiss and Benioff to shop themselves around."

    The company quietly removed them from Star Wars in May in order to allow them to shop their talents around, eventually landing on a deal with Netflix worth upwards of $200 million in August. "The timing of it is very suspicious," she added.

Similar Threads

  1. Game of Thrones 2017 (no spoilers from leaks/theft!)
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 500
    Last Post: 09-07-2017, 04:47 AM
  2. Game of Thrones 2016 (No Book Spoilers)
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 592
    Last Post: 03-28-2017, 03:29 PM
  3. Game of Thrones 2014 - no book spoilers, please!
    By El_Diablo in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 06-20-2014, 05:28 PM
  4. Game of Thrones - The Books
    By Rich in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-20-2014, 07:31 AM
  5. Game of Thrones
    By darthur in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 07:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •