View Poll Results: Who wins? Who will sit on the Throne at the end of the series

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen

6 24.00%
  • Sansa Stark

2 8.00%
  • Arya Stark

0 0%
  • Daenerys Targaryen

5 20.00%
  • Cersei Lannister

0 0%
  • Jaime Lannister

0 0%
  • Tyrian Lannister

3 12.00%
  • Theon Greyjoy

0 0%
  • Samwell Tarley

1 4.00%
  • Bronn of the Blackwater

0 0%
  • Gendry Baratheon

1 4.00%
  • Lyanna Mormont (you know we all want to see this!!)

0 0%
  • The Night King

2 8.00%
  • Other (explain in post

5 20.00%
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Of course right after Jon killed the mother of dragons, Drogon would make a symbolic gesture, as dragons do, against tyranny and lust for power inherent in the monarchy, rather than brutally lashing out against the perp. I don’t want to get too wrapped up in plausibility in a show with dragons and characters that are magically brought back to life or adopt other characters faces but c’mon. I will admit that the dragon has more depth than the “oh by the way” throw in character who ended up on the throne though. Oh and it also made perfect sense that the North people had fought too long and hard to be ruled by a Northerner, Brandon Stark, so they got their own queen who is his sister and none of the other kingdoms mind this random exception. It’s all about getting along.
    Hm... well, a few things:

First, I don't think he would kill Jon. In my head I think A) he knows Jon is Dany's family and a Targ, and B) he senses Jon's grief. I sort of assume that the dragon "gets it." As for him destroying the throne... well yeah, its a bit unrealistic, but we don't really know much about dragons, so can we really complain?

I didn't mind that the North got their freedom. I'd think that losing Ned Stark, that sacrificing their land to fight the dead, that all of that, gave them some support, and it was only Sansa who thought to SAY it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I didn't mind that the North got their freedom. I'd think that losing Ned Stark, that sacrificing their land to fight the dead, that all of that, gave them some support, and it was only Sansa who thought to SAY it.
    I wonder if one of the spin-offs will be Sansa and Bran/Tyrion negotiating "Nexit" - will there be hard borders, common market agreements, immigration laws, standard currency, etc, or a no-deal Nexit? Probably going to be harder than Sansa expects...

I didn't mind that the North got their freedom.
    Nor do I. I thought it was a great ending for Sansa's arc.

However, there's not a chance that Yara and Unnamed Dornishman #1 wouldn't be like

Tyrone Biggums 21052019100717.jpg

First, I don't think he would kill Jon. In my head I think A) he knows Jon is Dany's family and a Targ, and B) he senses Jon's grief. I sort of assume that the dragon "gets it." As for him destroying the throne... well yeah, its a bit unrealistic, but we don't really know much about dragons, so can we really complain?

The problem isn’t as much how it ends as much as how you get there. If the dragon’s intuitive nature is a key factor in the outcome, maybe demonstrate that in some small way before the ending. Also invest a little time in creating a narrative about why Bran/Three Eyed Raven wants to be or is destined to be king.

The whole story has been about all the scheming and marrying and deal making to make alliances to secure or maintain power so deciding the king by committee doesn’t ring true to me.

I’d like to see a risky plot drawn up between the Starks and Tyrian to get rid of Dany. I think Jon was born to be the sacrificial lamb so maybe he goes of script and stabs Dany to prevent larger bloodshed. Bran provides Arya with intel on Drogon’s weakness and Arya kills Drogon as Grey worm kills Jon. Sansa has been through the school of hard knocks and Tyrian know how to rule so the two of them create alliances and are ready to seize power . You’d need to throw in a double crossing rival at the end to foil. Voila you have Sansa on the Iron throne with Tyrian as her Hand with every intent to rule justly but also with the knowledge that there will always be rivals and tough decisions will have to be made to rule the Realm. No rainbows and unicorns. Your welcome.

I read the books. I don't care if there is another written and I fully expect there to be none. I then picked up the show when season 5 or 6 was airing. The finale was terrible. Many reasons already stated up thread. Such a huge crescendo carried out over 8 seasons that ended with...well, I'll stop there. At least they didn't kill my Arya.

... it was only Sansa who thought to SAY it.
    And upon hearing her say it, none of the other kingdoms even dreamed of making the same statement?

As a side note, can you imagine being an actor waiting for your big break and then you get told you have been cast as the new Prince of Dorne in GOT. But, your character will not have a name and the sum total of his lines is, "aye."

And that one line will be delivered off camera (cue to 2:40 in this video)
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    One of the many beauties of GoT

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Boooooooooooooooooo

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Boooooooooooooooooo

Boooooooooooooooooo!
    Don’t you mean

Shame

Shame

Shame

?

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I agree on most of your post but what was wrong with this? It was so heart wrenchingly beautiful.

Dragon was upset his mother was dead and acted out on what caused it, the Iron Throne.

As for Arya, I liked the whole sailing west idea. It honestly never occurred to me but it seems like a good idea. There isn't anything left for her in the 7 Kingdoms, no real point in going back across the narrow sea and it leaves open for a cool spinoff by the most loved character.
    Maybe a dragon can’t burn a Targaryen, so she did the next best thing?

Jamie Lannister confirmed for major role in GOT spinoff:

I could have swore I saw this upthread, but maybe I just came across it on Facebook...

Regardless, if you haven't already watched this... Do it. Matches up beautifully.

Take a look to the sky just before you die
    It is the last time you will
    Blackened roar massive roar fills the crumbling sky
    Shattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cry
    Stranger now, are his eyes, to this mystery
    He hears the silence so loud
    Crack of dawn, all is gone except the will to be
    Now they see what will be, blinded eyes to see

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Maybe a dragon can’t burn a Targaryen, so she did the next best thing?
    Maybe Jon and Drogon are Facebook friends?

My first thought was “if mommy can’t have the stupid chair, nobody gets it!”

Toward the final third of his May 20 blog post, GRRM talks a little bit about the show's end versus what is to come in Winds of Winter and Dreams of Spring. Nothing super revealing but he does reinforce that we'll learn a lot more about certain characters than we did in the show and that the ending will be both different, and the same.

I also enjoyed this article: The Tragedy of Daenerys Targaryen. The author draws some parallels between Frodo and Daenerys, specifically between their respective standing at the precipice moments. That is, Frodo at the Crack of Doom and Daenerys atop her dragon in KL as the bell's toll. The author also does a good job of underscoring just how unexceptional her ultimate brutality was among the show's major characters and how exceptional her idealism was up until that moment.

Well, yeah, the last three eyed raven lived to be a thousand years old, became one with a tree, and spent most of his days time travelling. BUT Sansa's big concern was that he can't have children. I think that Bran's procreative ability is maybe the least of the issues that the council should have discussed...

...all those nobles just voted 'aye'. Meanwhile, we were once treated to these beautiful negotiations and machinations.

Sigh...

And upon hearing her say it, none of the other kingdoms even dreamed of making the same statement?
    Exactly. Bran’s first act as king is nepotism. He gives his sister what she wants. Yup, that wheels definitely broken...

Mind absolutely blown.
    Go, Gwendolyn Christie...please buy a powerball lottery ticket on my behalf.
    🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

https://twitter.com/extratv/status/1...158290944?s=21

The link is an interview with her being asked to predict who wins in the end, years in advance of season eight.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Mind absolutely blown.
    Go, Gwendolyn Christie...please buy a powerball lottery ticket on my behalf.
    🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

https://twitter.com/extratv/status/1...158290944?s=21

The link is an interview with her being asked to predict who wins in the end, years in advance of season eight.
    Best part is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau saying "The Three Eyed Raven as the king? No, it doesn't make sense."

Pretty well done and humorous summary of S8: