View Poll Results: Who wins? Who will sit on the Throne at the end of the series

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen

6 24.00%
  • Sansa Stark

2 8.00%
  • Arya Stark

0 0%
  • Daenerys Targaryen

5 20.00%
  • Cersei Lannister

0 0%
  • Jaime Lannister

0 0%
  • Tyrian Lannister

3 12.00%
  • Theon Greyjoy

0 0%
  • Samwell Tarley

1 4.00%
  • Bronn of the Blackwater

0 0%
  • Gendry Baratheon

1 4.00%
  • Lyanna Mormont (you know we all want to see this!!)

0 0%
  • The Night King

2 8.00%
  • Other (explain in post

5 20.00%
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    This is the aftermath trailer.

https://youtu.be/vwmAWOE5F9o

A pretty solid opening episode.

Guessing we get 1-2 episodes of white walker battle, and the final 3 episodes will determine who sits on the Iron Throne.

Bring on the dragon rider battles with the Night King, Danerys and Jon / Aegon.

Will be a weak twist when Tyrion, Jorah, and Varys “advise” Dany and Jon to marry.

Lots to think about, can’t wait until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    A pretty solid opening episode.

Guessing we get 1-2 episodes of white walker battle, and the final 3 episodes will determine who sits on the Iron Throne.

Bring on the dragon rider battles with the Night King, Danerys and Jon / Aegon.

Will be a weak twist when Tyrion, Jorah, and Varys “advise” Dany and Jon to marry.

Lots to think about, can’t wait until next week.
    My friends and I were betting on who would die in the first episode. We all lost.

Agree on analysis of the episodes. But based on my recent prognostications on the NCAA, Masters, and tonight, you are probably wrong.

Can Bran not be weird as heck for once?
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Can Bran not be weird as heck for once?
    He’s not Bran anymore.

Probably the weakest opening episode of the series. Woof.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    The combined points of it not being a long episode (as had been hyped by the show runners) and of half the dialogue, including the opening lines, being very poor attempts at humor certainly diminished my opinion of the episode. That said, I thought there were a few high points. Sam's scenes were good.

I get what you're saying, but this article makes some good points. With all the build-up and anticipation, it almost had to be a let-down when it finally aired. The way of just about everything these days.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ll/3448179002/

Some questions I am pondering:

-Will Jon tell Danerys (or anyone)?
    -Will there be a Jon/Danerys wedding?
    -Will that wedding have a tragic outcome?

While the childhood fairy tale of Jon and Danerys on the Iron Throne would be a satisfying (cop out) ending, if the Northerners don’t kill Jon Snow, I am wondering if Jon will sacrifice himself to kill the Night King and Ice Dragon.

Last week I made a mental note of a couple lists.

Most evil:
    1. Littlefinger
    2. Ramsay Bolton
    3. Joffrey
    4. Cercei
    5. Roose Bolton / Walder Frey

Most Interesting Character Arcs:
    1. Tyrion
    2. Sansa
    3. Jaime
    4. The Hound
    5. Arya

Five more weeks. Feels a little like basketball season.
    Winter is Coming.

While the childhood fairy tale of Jon and Danerys on the Iron Throne would be a satisfying (cop out) ending, if the Northerners don’t kill Jon Snow, I am wondering if Jon will sacrifice himself to kill the Night King and Ice Dragon.
    And will anyone believe Jon? "My best friend and strange brother say I'm the rightful heir to the throne, but everyone else who knows about it is dead. Just take our word for it, and step aside and bring me my crown.."

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    And will anyone believe Jon? "My best friend and strange brother say I'm the rightful heir to the throne, but everyone else who knows about it is dead. Just take our word for it, and step aside and bring me my crown.."
    The Targaryns were deposed by Robert Baratheon (with help from Ned Stark). Wouldn't any "claim" to the throne have died when a new family took it? It seems to me that whoever gets the throne is whoever happens to have the strongest army and support at that moment. I mean, it isn't like Danys would have some super-strong claim if she did not have Unsullied, Dothraki, and Dragons fighting for her.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

No way. I love where they're going with this. I was afraid at the end of last season that it was becoming too LOTR-like with all the good guys banded together, and it's now obvious that won't be the ending. All the main characters – Jon, Dany, Cersei, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Jamie, Sam – look like they have major roles to play in the season, which hasn't always been true in previous seasons.

I agree with fuse – I can see the zombie battle being settled before the last episode. The real final battle is going to be Dany vs. Jon, Dany vs. the Starks, or something similar to that.

A lot of tension in the opening of the last season.
    I'll have to watch it three more times.

Does anyone else have a Got deadpool at work?
    We all put 10 on who lives and dies .who ends up in the throne. 140 people .winner take all.

Last week I made a mental note of a couple lists.

Most evil:
    1. Littlefinger
    2. Ramsay Bolton
    3. Joffrey
    4. Cercei
    5. Roose Bolton / Walder Frey

Most Interesting Character Arcs:
    1. Tyrion
    2. Sansa
    3. Jaime
    4. The Hound
    5. Arya

Five more weeks. Feels a little like basketball season.
    Winter is Coming.

I was discussing this with some friends last night. Jon could simply just not say anything and nothing would really change. His honor won't allow for that, though. Everything we know about Jon tells us that he will feel compelled to tell Dany.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I was discussing this with some friends last night. Jon could simply just not say anything and nothing would really change. His honor won't allow for that, though. Everything we know about Jon tells us that he will feel compelled to tell Dany.
    What happens when the stark sisters find out ?
    Absolute chaos?
    I see a lot of frenemies coming.
    Plus the wrath of samwell .quiet ones are deadly ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    No way. I love where they're going with this. I was afraid at the end of last season that it was becoming too LOTR-like with all the good guys banded together, and it's now obvious that won't be the ending. All the main characters – Jon, Dany, Cersei, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Jamie, Sam – look like they have major roles to play in the season, which hasn't always been true in previous seasons.

I agree with fuse – I can see the zombie battle being settled before the last episode. The real final battle is going to be Dany vs. Jon, Dany vs. the Starks, or something similar to that.
    Call me crazy .my money's on samwell Tarley to be the one at the end.hes smart doesnt draw much attention and is not considered a threat.thats how a lot of survivor seasons are won.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    What happens when the stark sisters find out ?
    Absolute chaos?
    I see a lot of frenemies coming.
    Plus the wrath of samwell .quiet ones are deadly ones.
    Boy, I hope that doesn't catch hold and become the theme of this thread!

Does anyone else have a Got deadpool at work?
    We all put 10 on who lives and dies .who ends up in the throne. 140 people .winner take all.
    Oooh, I sense a poll for this thread. Just on who will end up on the throne at the end. Here are your choices:

Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen
    Sansa Stark
    Arya Stark
    Daenerys Targaryen
    Jaime Lannister
    Cersei Lannister
    Tyrian Lannister
    Theon Greyjoy
    Samwell Tarley
    Bronn of the Blackwater
    The Night King
    Gendry Baratheon
    Lyanna Mormont (you know we all want to see this!!)
    Other

-Jason "obviously, feel free to explain your vote in a post... I picked all the most likely contenders but there is a slot for other" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Call me crazy .my money's on samwell Tarley to be the one at the end.hes smart doesnt draw much attention and is not considered a threat.thats how a lot of survivor seasons are won.
    Sam's going to be there at the end to transcribe the "Song of Ice and Fire" at Oldstown. Book it

Solid episode, lots of great moments and reunions... IMO:

1. Realizing as soon as he dismounted the horse who the old friend Bran was waiting for... Coming full circle 67 episodes later.
    2. Jon and Arya
    3. Jon and Sam
    4. Sam and Dany
    5. "Stay back, he's got blue eyes!" "I've ALWAYS had blue eyes!"
    6. Bronn's STD scare
    7. The entire Hound/Gendry/Arya scene
    9432. The PDA dragon scene

My bet is that next episode deals with Dany's complicated relationships (both her nephew-lover and father-stabber), Sansa glowers at everyone, then they get prepped and the episode ends with the shot of the undead horse from the trailer. Episode 3 will be 82 minutes of anxiety and flaming swordplay (not the Loras kind).

With the theory of the night king being bran that's not a bad choice you could possibly win with either choice.

Jones and Danny Targaryen .that is to perfect for a ending. The starks follow this line aswell. (The many faced God may be a ace card though.)

Lyanna mormont that's a good one in my opinion .

I believe all the lannisters except tyrian will be dead.(despite my decade long crush on lena headey)
    I saw a interview with leana headey the otherday .I'm fairly sure she said she was the 8th one to leave the set.(im going on memory she wasnt last for sure.)
    Samwell wasnt happy and hes a intelligent character. That makes him dangerous.
    That's about where I'm at so far.