View Poll Results: Who wins? Who will sit on the Throne at the end of the series

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen

6 24.00%
  • Sansa Stark

2 8.00%
  • Arya Stark

0 0%
  • Daenerys Targaryen

5 20.00%
  • Cersei Lannister

0 0%
  • Jaime Lannister

0 0%
  • Tyrian Lannister

3 12.00%
  • Theon Greyjoy

0 0%
  • Samwell Tarley

1 4.00%
  • Bronn of the Blackwater

0 0%
  • Gendry Baratheon

1 4.00%
  • Lyanna Mormont (you know we all want to see this!!)

0 0%
  • The Night King

2 8.00%
  • Other (explain in post

5 20.00%
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    That's odd...because he's letting HBO finish the books for him.

When he kicks the bucket they'll go ahead and make the books, "based on the hit HBO series".
    They would be infringing his right to any derivative works that are based on the original copyrighted works.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    That's odd...because he's letting HBO finish the books for him.

When he kicks the bucket they'll go ahead and make the books, "based on the hit HBO series".
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    They would be infringing his right to any derivative works that are based on the original copyrighted works.
    But it will be up to the executors of his estate to pursue legal action.

Regardless, it wouldn't be based on the series. The show diverged before passing the books.

I believe he was under a contractual obligation to deliver on the sixth book before season six. Not sure how he got out of that. The benefits of bilateral monopolistic negotiation, I suppose.

Does anyone know if there are any betting markets for when/if he will finish book six?

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post

Regardless, it wouldn't be based on the series. The show diverged before passing the books.

I believe he was under a contractual obligation to deliver on the sixth book before season six. Not sure how he got out of that. The benefits of bilateral monopolistic negotiation, I suppose.

Does anyone know if there are any betting markets for when/if he will finish book six?
    Not sure about betting markets but your question reminded me of this analytical look at The Winds of Winter projected publication date by FiveThirtyEight. The article was published several years ago and all the projected dates have passed...

There's some other fun info in there, too.

Here are the final season of Game of Thrones episode running times!!

4/14 - 0:54
    4/21 - 0:58
    4/28 - 1:22
    5/5 - 1:18
    5/12 - 1:20
    5/19 - 1:20

Had hoped for a 3 hour final episode... but I can live with this.

Only 7 hour and 12 minutes of Thrones left... so sad!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Shame we'll never actually see the final book!

Personally, I think the show has taken a slight step back since they ran out of book material. Not bad by any means, but not what it once was.

I don't expect both Jon and Daenerys to live. I do expect them to lose the battle of Winterfell and have to retreat south.
    I think it's more than a slight step back but I also still enjoy it.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Here are the final season of Game of Thrones episode running times!!

4/14 - 0:54
    4/21 - 0:58
    4/28 - 1:22
    5/5 - 1:18
    5/12 - 1:20
    5/19 - 1:20

Had hoped for a 3 hour final episode... but I can live with this.

Only 7 hour and 12 minutes of Thrones left... so sad!
    Wow. I was also expecting most episodes to be closer to 120.

The end is near.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wow. I was also expecting most episodes to be closer to 120.

The end is near.
    Right?! WTF?! They had SPECIFICALLY said that the episodes would be like feature-length movie length! That's some straight BS.

Very upset now.

Seven hours and twelve seems like enough time for many gratuitous sex scenes and an extended blood-letting where all characters can breathe their last.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I wonder if the Night King raised Arya's Stark ancestors from the dead. Whoa!!

I think you NAILED it. Oh, my God. That would be absolutely gut-wrenching, would allow them to bring back beloved actors and actresses in a non-convoluted way for a final send-off, and would make a ton of sense thematically and tonally.

There's no way they don't do this, right?

Life Imitates Art

Did anyone notice, in a case of life imitating art (Jon being a Targaryan and not the bastard son of Ned Stark) that R. R. Martin was on one of those shows (Finding Your Roots) where they analyze your family history (documents and the like) and then they do a blood test? R. R. Martin found out that the Grandfather that he thought was Italian (and treated him standoffishly) wasn't really his Grandfather. His Grandmother must have fooled around with an Ashkenazi Jewish guy thus resulting in ~25% jewish blood and no Italian blood.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/game-o...uarter-jewish/

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Did anyone notice, in a case of life imitating art (Jon being a Targaryan and not the bastard son of Ned Stark) that R. R. Martin was on one of those shows (Finding Your Roots) where they analyze your family history (documents and the like) and then they do a blood test? R. R. Martin found out that the Grandfather that he thought was Italian (and treated him standoffishly) wasn't really his Grandfather. His Grandmother must have fooled around with an Ashkenazi Jewish guy thus resulting in ~25% jewish blood and no Italian blood.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/game-o...uarter-jewish/

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Harrison Ford's a quarter Jewish too...which isn't too shabby. Now, for Martin's sake, I'd make sure my wife didn't get her genealogy tested. Sometimes it's just best not to know...

Anyone been re-watching the full series to prep for April 14th? My wife and I started after the NY and we've both been amazed at all the new wrinkles and foreshadowing that we missed on first (and, in my case, second) viewing. The events set into motion and the way they are foreshadowed in that very first episode are just stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Harrison Ford's a quarter Jewish too...which isn't too shabby. Now, for Martin's sake, I'd make sure my wife didn't get her genealogy tested. Sometimes it's just best not to know...

Anyone been re-watching the full series to prep for April 14th? My wife and I started after the NY and we've both been amazed at all the new wrinkles and foreshadowing that we missed on first (and, in my case, second) viewing. The events set into motion and the way they are foreshadowed in that very first episode are just stunning.
    Yes! We also started but didn't pace ourselves properly. We are only a few episodes from sitting on our hands for a few weeks.

I am especially appreciative of the secondary characters in the rewatching. That, and watching "bad guys" like Jamie and Theon, and looking for signs of the eventual redemption.

I just read a blog post suggesting that on the night of the finale HBO should pull a South Park-Terrance-and-Phillip-in-Not-Without-My-Anus move, and instead air the supposedly awful original pilot. While that would be really annoying, I think the internet's reaction might make it worthwhile.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    No, but our children's children may.
    Ahoy— an optimist!

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post

Heh. Take the under as far as completion of the books is concerned.

We’ll get the next book when the sun rises in the West and sets in the East, when the seas run dry, and when the mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

GRR Martin is living his best life right now. And it does not include finishing A Song of Ice and Fire.

Kind of neat - Game of Thrones has hidden 6 iron thrones around the world and released video clues for fans to hunt for them. The first has been found apparently.

A very difficult look at some of Emillia Clarke's health challenges is also making the rounds. Worth a read.

Anyone else so excited about GoT that their brain keeps turning "Ja Morant" into Ser Jorah Mormont?

No? Just me?

Okay then...

Anyone else so excited about GoT that their brain keeps turning "Ja Morant" into Ser Jorah Mormont?

No? Just me?

Okay then...
    Weird coincidence that they're both from Bear Island.

Here's an update on the Game of Thrones iron throne scavenger hunt. A number of them have been found all over the world...some fun pictures of the lucky scavengers on their finds.

No? Just me?

Okay then...
    DEFINITELY not just you

Kit Harrington will appear on SNL this week... Leslie Jones is kinda excited.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?