View Poll Results: Who wins? Who will sit on the Throne at the end of the series

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen

6 24.00%
  • Sansa Stark

2 8.00%
  • Arya Stark

0 0%
  • Daenerys Targaryen

5 20.00%
  • Cersei Lannister

0 0%
  • Jaime Lannister

0 0%
  • Tyrian Lannister

3 12.00%
  • Theon Greyjoy

0 0%
  • Samwell Tarley

1 4.00%
  • Bronn of the Blackwater

0 0%
  • Gendry Baratheon

1 4.00%
  • Lyanna Mormont (you know we all want to see this!!)

0 0%
  • The Night King

2 8.00%
  • Other (explain in post

5 20.00%
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Some more info on the GoT prequel in the works. Sounds like Westeros will be made up of 100 kingdoms at the time of the prequel. We'll have the Starks and the White Walkers...but not Lannisters at first. We'll also finally learn the origin story of Gollum...
    100 Kingdoms feels a bit excessive.

I declare this acre of grass to be my kingdom!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    100 Kingdoms feels a bit excessive.

I declare this acre of grass to be my kingdom!
    Isn't there a famous legal doctrine about this...

A man's home is his Kingdom.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Isn't there a famous legal doctrine about this...

A man's home is his Kingdom.
    A believe it’s called The Casterly Rock Doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    A believe it’s called The Casterly Rock Doctrine.
    A Lannister always pays his debts?

Leaks have revealed that the prequel ends with Jason Evans turning into the Night King, who only brought extended winters into the kingdoms to save Westeros from global warming.

(jokes aside, this was actually more or less my crazy prediction for a big twist at the end of GoT)

An image of the script from the first page of the first episode of GoT and a page from the final episode.

Please show this to anyone who tells you that Benioff and Weiss did not get lazy as they approached the conclusion of their epic.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    An image of the script from the first page of the first episode of GoT and a page from the final episode.

Please show this to anyone who tells you that Benioff and Weiss did not get lazy as they approached the conclusion of their epic.

That's pretty sad. The 'they both failed geography' is pretty lazy, bordering on disrespectful to the characters. I recognize the scene from the final episode...that's not quite how the opening credit scene ended up though. An earlier version maybe? It's not the one that opens the show though.

That's pretty sad. The 'they both failed geography' is pretty lazy, bordering on disrespectful to the characters. I recognize the scene from the final episode...that's not quite how the opening credit scene ended up though. An earlier version maybe? It's not the one that opens the show though.
    I believe that is from the unaired original pilot (which supposedly had a different opening credit scene featuring a raven in flight).

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    I believe that is from the unaired original pilot (which supposedly had a different opening credit scene featuring a raven in flight).
    So, I guess the final episode was nominated for a writing Emmy and that's why the script is public. Here's a link to an article that highlights some other areas of interest --- the article includes a link to the full script.

The two sections I found most interesting:

1. Drogon burns the Iron Throne by accident. I get that Drogon would not harm Jon and I guess there's a message in calling the throne a "dumb bystander" but it still feels pretty weak...the answer to "how can we destroy the throne/break the wheel" is by accident? Most viewers interpreted Drogon's action as purposeful, too.
    Relevant excerpt:

We see the fire build up in his throat.
    Jon sees it as well. He prepares to die.
    But the blast is not for him. Drogon wants to burn the world but he will not kill Jon.
    He breathes fire on the back wall, blasting down what remains of the great red blocks of stone.
    We look over Jon’s shoulder as the fire sweeps toward the throne— not the target of Drogon’s wrath, just a dumb bystander caught up in the conflagration.

2. The motivation for each council member agreeing to Bran as King --- the script is as thin and ridiculous as that scene felt. A couple of the excerpts:

Edmure is still be miffed he wasn’t given serious consideration, but he expects he’ll have influence at court if his crippled nephew is ruling.

Gendry is happy to go along.

Yara has heard that her brother died defending Bran. She knows this choice would make Theon happy.

Brienne is a Stark loyalist and represents House Tarth.

I swear... if this show wins any Emmy other than visual effects or maybe costumes or something like that then it is a true affront to good television. The fact that that script was nominated for an Emmy is mind-boggling. The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest, I could see, but an Emmy?!?!

-Jason "It was a dark and stormy night when the dragon burned the chair..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I swear... if this show wins any Emmy other than visual effects or maybe costumes or something like that then it is a true affront to good television. The fact that that script was nominated for an Emmy is mind-boggling. The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest, I could see, but an Emmy?!?!

-Jason "It was a dark and stormy night when the dragon burned the chair..." Evans
    Won't be topical come Halloween but it is cost effective...

funny_picdump_3100_640_high_13wtmk.jpg

Won't be topical come Halloween but it is cost effective...

funny_picdump_3100_640_high_13wtmk.jpg
    I literally just came here to post that same picture. 😂

Just heard an interesting theory as to why the last season of GOT was so terrible. I'm paraphrasing, but basically, they made the last season so sloppy, lazy, and vague, so that people would be pining for the books as Martin finishes them up. Some even went so far as to say that Martin had a deal with HBO producers that certain potential story lines were off limits, saving his vision for the remaining books.

I don't know, I just want answers man.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Just heard an interesting theory as to why the last season of GOT was so terrible. I'm paraphrasing, but basically, they made the last season so sloppy, lazy, and vague, so that people would be pining for the books as Martin finishes them up. Some even went so far as to say that Martin had a deal with HBO producers that certain potential story lines were off limits, saving his vision for the remaining books.

I don't know, I just want answers man.
    I think it is amusing that you think GRRM will ever finish the books.

It took him 6 years to write A Dance With Dragons and it has been 8 years since then with few signs that The Winds of Winter is close to completion. How long will it then take him to write A Dream of Spring?

We are talking about a 70 year old man... it is not at all unlikely that he will never get it done (though I suspect he or his estate will hand it off to some other writer to complete... too much money to be made here).

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention

(snip)

We are talking about a 70 year old man... it is not at all unlikely that he will never get it done (though I suspect he or his estate will hand it off to some other writer to complete... too much money to be made here).
    He has said repeatedly that neither he nor his estate will not allow another writer to finish the series. He’s got the bucks to make it so, if you ask me.

Enjoy the books you have, they’re all you’re gonna get.

It took him 6 years to write A Dance With Dragons and it has been 8 years since then with few signs that The Winds of Winter is close to completion. How long will it then take him to write A Dream of Spring?

I never said I thought he would finish them, or that I believed the theory. Just something I heard on the radio this morning. I'm looking for anything, anything, to justify what was put out as the final season.

I'm looking for anything, anything, to justify what was put out as the final season.
    Replace Gus Van Zant with Benioff and Weiss.

"Jesus, Ben! I said I was busy."

I never said I thought he would finish them, or that I believed the theory. Just something I heard on the radio this morning. I'm looking for anything, anything, to justify what was put out as the final season.
    I've more or less settled on the explanation that while B&W had the major plot points they just didn't have the energy, commitment, skill, or imagination to bring the characters on their concluding arcs in a smart, respectful way w/o the source material. There's no doubt in my mind that the final season should have been split into two different 8 to 10 episode seasons --- one more or less concluding with the Battle of Winterfell and the other with the balance.

On some level, I can respect that after 10 years they felt the need - warranted or not - to wrap things up but a relentless commitment to excellence is what separates some folks who are successful at their craft from the true geniuses. They reached TV genius for five seasons but just faded down the stretch...

Replace Gus Van Zant with Benioff and Weiss.

"Jesus, Ben! I said I was busy."
    Ha ha ha. Apparently.

Sansa disagrees with y'all. For the most part.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/he...Nzy?li=BBnb7Kz