View Poll Results: Who wins? Who will sit on the Throne at the end of the series

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen

6 24.00%
  • Sansa Stark

2 8.00%
  • Arya Stark

0 0%
  • Daenerys Targaryen

5 20.00%
  • Cersei Lannister

0 0%
  • Jaime Lannister

0 0%
  • Tyrian Lannister

3 12.00%
  • Theon Greyjoy

0 0%
  • Samwell Tarley

1 4.00%
  • Bronn of the Blackwater

0 0%
  • Gendry Baratheon

1 4.00%
  • Lyanna Mormont (you know we all want to see this!!)

0 0%
  • The Night King

2 8.00%
  • Other (explain in post

5 20.00%
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Game of Thrones 2019

While we all wait, here is something to whet our appetite.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I loved the part when Brienne of Tarth arrives and is asked "Are you even dead? It's been so long I can't remember!"

I can relate.

can`t wait for new series, when would start, smbd know?

Quote Originally Posted by berg View Post
    can`t wait for new series, when would start, smbd know?
    April 2019

Were any of the whiskey/scotch drinkers on the board able to snag one (or all) of the limited edition eight scotches to enjoy during the season? I'm on a quest to find them all for my collection, but Tyrell, Greyjoy and Night's Watch have eluded me thus far.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karlaal.../#4213b0301268

Here’s a very interesting look into the filming of season 8.

How good is this gonna be?

But it’s the season’s most ambitious entry — arguably the most difficult-to-produce episode in television history — that’s expected to be particularly staggering.

The episode chronicles
    Spoiler!
    jokes Harington).
    Last edited by -jk; 03-04-2019 at 09:23 PM. Reason: spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post

Wow, that just got me really excited. Thanks for sharing!

Maybe put that excerpt behind spoiler tags?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Maybe put that excerpt behind spoiler tags?
    Thought about it but figured we all knew that a big battle for the North was coming against the white walkers. Didn’t think it qualified as a spoiler but apologize for not erring on the side of caution.

Finally!

Trailer has arrived! If this doesn't give you goosebumps, you aren't a fan of the show.

Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Trailer has arrived! If this doesn't give you goosebumps, you aren't a fan of the show.

AS.jpg

Adding anything else to this reference wouldn't be appropriate...

Thought about it but figured we all knew that a big battle for the North was coming against the white walkers. Didn’t think it qualified as a spoiler but apologize for not erring on the side of caution.
    No worries...it was mainly for others' sake. But the cat's pretty much out of the bag now with the new trailer.

What could cause Arya to run like a scared little rabbit at the start of that trailer? It seems like she is in the Winterfell crypts... I wonder if the Night King raised Arya's Stark ancestors from the dead. Whoa!!

While it would be very tempting to just give fans everything we want to see at the end (Jamie kills Cersi before she can wyldfire the city; Cleganebowl; John and Danys sitting side-by-side on an extra-wide Iron throne; Tyrion finds out he is secretly a Targaryn and gets to ride a dragon), I am really glad this show does not mind subverting our expectations.

As such, I am fully prepared for the Army of the Dead to overrun Winterfell and eventually defeat Cersi too, turning Westeros into an island of Zombies... cut to the final scene in the series with Daario hanging out in Slaver's Bay saying, "well, I sure am glad I did not follow her across the sea."

-Jason "is it April 14h yet?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    What could cause Arya to run like a scared little rabbit at the start of that trailer? It seems like she is in the Winterfell crypts... I wonder if the Night King raised Arya's Stark ancestors from the dead. Whoa!!

While it would be very tempting to just give fans everything we want to see at the end (Jamie kills Cersi before she can wyldfire the city; Cleganebowl; John and Danys sitting side-by-side on an extra-wide Iron throne; Tyrion finds out he is secretly a Targaryn and gets to ride a dragon), I am really glad this show does not mind subverting our expectations.

As such, I am fully prepared for the Army of the Dead to overrun Winterfell and eventually defeat Cersi too, turning Westeros into an island of Zombies... cut to the final scene in the series with Daario hanging out in Slaver's Bay saying, "well, I sure am glad I did not follow her across the sea."

-Jason "is it April 14h yet?" Evans
    I agree with your assessment of the series' subversion of expectations throughout its run. I think the ending will be somewhere in between what you outline above...I think we will get most if not all of the long-desired scenes like Cleganebowl, Cersei & Jaime's final confrontation, Tyrion's revelation, and Jon & Dany's reckoning. I certainly don't think all will end rosily; we'll definitely lose several more core characters. But I also don't think it will end so bleakly as to just blanket all of Westeros under a frozen zombie apocalypse. Will be interesting to see.
    The hardest part about the premiere for me will be getting back down the road from my reunion in Durham to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    As such, I am fully prepared for the Army of the Dead to overrun Winterfell and eventually defeat Cersi too, turning Westeros into an island of Zombies... cut to the final scene in the series with Daario hanging out in Slaver's Bay saying, "well, I sure am glad I did not follow her across the sea.”
    Actual quote by GRRM in 1999: “No one will be alive by the last book...[it] will be just a thousand-page description of snow blowing across the graves.”

Actual quote by GRRM in 1999: “No one will be alive by the last book...[it] will be just a thousand-page description of snow blowing across the graves.”
    Shame we'll never actually see the final book!

Personally, I think the show has taken a slight step back since they ran out of book material. Not bad by any means, but not what it once was.

I don't expect both Jon and Daenerys to live. I do expect them to lose the battle of Winterfell and have to retreat south.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    No, but our children's children may.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    No, but our children's children may.
    I'm pretty well convinced at this point that it'll end up being a Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson Wheel of Time-type situation, where a stand-in author steps in and finishes things on Martin's behalf. He's not a fast writer, and he's also, ummmm...corpulent, but on the other hand, the franchise is worth too much money (and will continue to be so for Martin's estate) for it to just sit permanently unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'm pretty well convinced at this point that it'll end up being a Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson Wheel of Time-type situation, where a stand-in author steps in and finishes things on Martin's behalf. He's not a fast writer, and he's also, ummmm...corpulent, but on the other hand, the franchise is worth too much money (and will continue to be so for Martin's estate) for it to just sit permanently unfinished.
    He has stated emphatically that he is against having anyone else finish the books. Contrast with Jordan who had copious notes, another individual familiar with the material (his wife), and who arranged for the books to be completed.

Whether Martin's wishes will be honored is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    He has stated emphatically that he is against having anyone else finish the books.
    That's odd...because he's letting HBO finish the books for him.

When he kicks the bucket they'll go ahead and make the books, "based on the hit HBO series".