Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to as the post has not been reported to the moderators as problematic. I see nothing political about noting that antisemitism (which is considered a "far right" political position) is a horrible thing that seems to be on the rise. Praising Coach K for making a show of his support for the Jewish community is simply not anything close to a violation of our "no politics" stance on the DBR, IMO.

-Jason "now, if your post violated HIPPA guidelines or contained a grammar mistake... well, that would be a whole different set of problems here on the DBR" Evans
    I would say that anitsemitism is a "far left" and a "far right" political position. The difference being the "moderate right" get blamed for it while the "moderate left" does not.

Of course now I have ventured in the PP domain 🤐

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I would say that anitsemitism is a "far left" and a "far right" political position. The difference being the "moderate right" get blamed for it while the "moderate left" does not.

Of course now I have ventured in the PP domain 🤐
    We are not doing this. Stop. There will be no more conversation here about the politics of antisemitism. It is not in any way connected to any mainstream politics and deeply distracts from the lighthearted conversation otherwise happening in this thread.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

"[The Maccabees] pulled off the biggest upset in the history of man. Bigger than UMBC over Virginia, Villanova over Georgetown, N.C. State over Houston or Lehigh over Duke."

Too soon!
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Ironically I think you made a grammatical mistake in using the wrong acronym for HIPAA...

I loved Coach K's speech. Though his Judaics were not perfect, he clearly did some homework to learn about the story of Hanukah. And he was his usual funny, witty self. As others have noted, he comes across as very serious while coaching but he is actually very funny.

Unfortunately, I agree that I think the anti-semitic events on campus were part of what drove him to make this appearance. I would like to think that it is because Vernon Carey is MOT and Coach K thought this would help influence his decision, but I'm fairly sure that is not the case - I think he is about as Jewish as Fred Goldsmith...
    That would be a spelling mistake