Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extremely questionable call helps fuel a Cavs 5 point play. Looks like they'll pull away and hold on.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    VCU up by one, early 2nd half. On now, locally (Richmond) televised on comcast 7.
    UVa starting to pull away now. However, a couple of things I noticed:

With 7 minutes left in the game, UVa had only scored 9 points in the second half (per Dan Bonner). In 13 minutes!

UVA was assisted by some fortunate officiating. VCU still held a 1 point lead with 4 or 5 minutes left. Then UVa had a 5 point possession (a Jerome 3 and a foul away from the play) I’m not saying it was necessarily a bad call, just that UVA never trailed again after that play.

Agree, very strange possession was that. UVA's good, but they can let teams hang around too much. Both teams shot 29%, prolly why I spent more time watching NFL. Ugly ballgame; tried getting tix, glad I didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Agree, very strange possession was that. UVA's good, but they can let teams hang around too much. Both teams shot 29%, Ugly ballgame; tried getting tix, glad I didn't!
    And by ugly game, you mean typical UVa game?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    And by ugly game, you mean typical UVa game?
    It's probably posted elsewhere, but UVa's starting PG, Kihei Clark, will have surgery on an injured left wrist--it seems he suffered the injury in this VCU game. He's not expected to miss the full season, but his timeline for return is...dun dun DUNNNN...indefinite.

Tough blow for the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    It's probably posted elsewhere, but UVa's starting PG, Kihei Clark, will have surgery on an injured left wrist--it seems he suffered the injury in this VCU game. He's not expected to miss the full season, but his timeline for return is...dun dun DUNNNN...indefinite.

Tough blow for the Cavs.
    I know, I hate that. I hate all the injuries lately...from our poor FB team's defense, to Alex Smith and that horrible situation, to several key hoopsters....really takes some of the fun out of this for me...and no doubt for them, their coaches and teammates.

Just a note - this week's will not be up until tonight at the earliest, but there are no games until Wednesday (which are the only two games before Saturday). Exam week is always super slow (although not sure what UNC's excuse is for taking the week off...)
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post

Tough blow for the Cavs.
    He actually injured his wrist against Morgan State taking a charge. He played with a cast against VCU and held VCU guard Marcus Evans to his lowest point total of his career. He also managed 9 points (7-7 from the FT line). Dude is an absolute pest as a perimeter defender. I'm sure better teams will learn how to capitalize on his short height but he's proving a lot of UVA fans wrong. A lot of our fans criticized Bennett on Clark's recruitment but he's quickly turning into a fan favorite. At least this injury didn't happen a few days before the NCAA tourney

Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    He actually injured his wrist against Morgan State taking a charge.
    Uh, that was a very poor risk / reward analysis he performed there...