Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dukie View Post
    I've said it before...this team (and most OAD composed teams) can't/won't play m to m defense. Simply put, we need to play much more ZONE. This performance is pathetic!
    I don’t know what game you’re watching but defense is not the problem. Hartford is on pace to score 55
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Absolutely

I've said it before...this team (and most OAD composed teams) can't/won't play m to m defense. Simply put, we need to play much more ZONE. This performance is pathetic!
    They are only #8 in Pomeroy defense. Time to blow it up and play a junk zone!

Seriously, how old are you? Have you watched nearly 40 years of Coach K teams? This team isn’t going zone, except in special circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I don’t know what game you’re watching but defense is not the problem. Hartford is on pace to score 55
    Defense is the problem...if it was a top 20 team, they would be on pace to score 85-90!

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    They are only #8 in Pomeroy defense. Time to blow it up and play a junk zone!

Seriously, how old are you? Have you watched nearly 40 years of Coach K teams? This team isn’t going zone, except in special circumstances.
    That's the issue, the game has changed when it comes to OAD's. They ARE a "special circumstance" ...and they'll never play m to m like it used to be played by K's teams in past.

Defense is the problem...if it was a top 20 team, they would be on pace to score 85-90!
    You’re kidding right? We’ve played man all year and allowed 80 twice. Once to a Gonzaga team that is experienced and shot very well. The other to Kentucky in a game where we scored 118. Right now our offensive efficiency against a zone is the problem.

Right

That's the issue, the game has changed when it comes to OAD's. They ARE a "special circumstance" ...and they'll never play m to m like it used to be played by K's teams in past.
    Yes, look at that 2015 team. Oh wait . . .

Do they need to play defense like one of K's old teams in order to win the national championship this year?

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate85 View Post
    You’re kidding right? We’ve played man all year and allowed 80 twice. Once to a Gonzaga team that is experienced and shot very well. The other to Kentucky in a game where we scored 118. Right now our offensive efficiency against a zone is the problem.
    Definitely not kidding. Gonzaga beat us badly on D....and my point is made with Kentucky - another OAD team that can't play m to m.

Duke lineup of death?

Interesting that with about 10 minutes left K went small, putting White in with the four freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Yes, look at that 2015 team. Oh wait . . .
    2015 team had some senior leadership help; moreover, that's one team in 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Do they need to play defense like one of K's old teams in order to win the national championship this year?
    Absolutely! It won't happen without D!

Man it’s just a shame this team doesn’t play any defense...
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Definitely not kidding. Gonzaga beat us badly on D...and my point is made with Kentucky - another OAD team that can't play m to m.
    Your argument doesn’t pass the statistical or eye test. I’m not saying it’s a great defensive team, but with our ability to be explosive on offense, I’ll take what I’m seeing any day.

Javin with his best game. Made all 5 shots, rebounded well and get this, zero turnovers. No moving screens!

Now, if RJ wasn't so darn inefficient he might be able to play a little basketball.

Damn our defense sucks

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Damn our defense sucks
    “IKR,” as the kids type. If only we could find some way to turn defense into offense. It might keep the “Concerned Iron Dukes” at bay.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    “Ikr,” as the kids type. If only we could find some way to turn defense into offense...
    Yup. They torched us for 50.

82-50, for those keeping score at home.

Absolutely! It won't happen without D!
    I just don't see the correlation between this game and complaining about our defense.

As of this post, Hartford has 52 points with nine seconds left.