Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Couple things:
    1. Temple was missing their star CB who helped rack up the great pass d stats. The Pick 6 off the screen pass was ball hawking. In the 2nd half our WRs were open all day as Jones had more time.

2. As was said we were down 5 starters on D. Then Tajh Rice DT on the 2deep had an appendectomy. D played better in 2nd half as Duke played with a lead.

3. A lot of new youngsters got quality PT including Philyaw Johnson and Bobo at WR, Neal and Jackson at DB.

4. Bracey, well, smdh.

5. Choked up a little (just a little dammit) in the last few minutes when Cut pulled a Rudy and flooded the field with Seniors most of them walk-ones whose bios listed less than a handful of career snaps. So glad Cut is one of ours.

Note to Alabama: This season, you have one or two cupcake games left for practicing up for your opening game in Atlanta next fall. Use your opportunities wisely.

GO DUKE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    and I would say Cut and the Devils acquitted themselves very well in all six of those games.
    Well, maybe not so much in the last 90 seconds or so of the Belk Bowl.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

With all our injuries, 8 wins this year - that's a good season. Congrats all around. Thank you seniors!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

So proud of what the team did today!! Was a bit worried in the first half but in the 2nd half our Defense locked them up and shut them down. Kind of a bitter sweet win, I hate to say it but I believe DJ is gone after this game. He really had a good game cept for 2 interceptions. Also I really hope JGH comes back for his senior year but he too might be gone and sadly wasn't able to play today. Also sad that BH didn't get to play in his final game for Duke. Really proud of how this team sucked it up with all the injuries and still won 8 games and another Bowl game for us. They rebounded very nicely after the disaster against Wake!!

Next year could be very interesting specially if DJ doesn't return. Will be interesting to see who and how good our QB position will be manned.

Congrats Coach Cut and the rest of the team. Y'all deserved this victory!!

Quote Originally Posted by richmclean View Post
    5. Choked up a little (just a little dammit) in the last few minutes when Cut pulled a Rudy and flooded the field with Seniors most of them walk-ones whose bios listed less than a handful of career snaps. So glad Cut is one of ours.
    Well, it was the Walk-On Bowl, so I kinda expected that. (Ducks).

Happy to see the score. Planned to watch the game for weeks. Wife's first full day back at work. Long 🚶 with 🐕. Come home at 1:15 to no internet. Just came back on.Oh Spectrum how I hate you.Go Duke..

It was great to see Rahming close out his career at Duke with a big game. Jones too, assuming he enters the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Well, maybe not so much in the last 90 seconds or so of the Belk Bowl.
    HAH, that was unbelievably ugly, and would be the low point of those first 3 bowls, but nobody thought Duke had much of a chance in any of them...could've easily won all three of them as it turned out.

BTW; anyone have a link for Cut's post game?
    Last edited by HereBeforeCoachK; 12-27-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Note to Alabama: This season, you have one or two cupcake games left for practicing up for your opening game in Atlanta next fall. Use your opportunities wisely.

GO DUKE!!!!
    I basically same the same thing tonight to DaughterPK, a freshman at Alabama. She gave me the most pitying “It’s time to move to The Home” look I’ve ever seen.

But she’ll learn. LGD!!!!

My one and only unanswered question about the Independence Bowl is what substance was administered to which team at halftime. Temple seemed to lose all physical coordination in the second half, while Duke appeared totally hyper compared to the somnambulant first half. I have my guesses.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    My one and only unanswered question about the Independence Bowl is what substance was administered to which team at halftime. Temple seemed to lose all physical coordination in the second half, while Duke appeared totally hyper compared to the somnambulant first half. I have my guesses.
    We had gumbo at half, they didn't?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Clearly, half the Scooby Snacks were edibles while half had spinach.

From Coach Ben Albert speaking about the Rushmen:
    In our last 2 bowl games we have held our opponents to 65 yards rushing (Quick Lane Bowl 2017) and 53 yards rushing (Independence Bowl 2018)!

...AND UCF struggled against Temple a lot more than we did...
    In fairness, UCF blew the doors off of Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Clearly, half the Scooby Snacks were edibles while half had spinach.
    "Gotta spread some...yadayadayada..."

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I think we came out in 2nd half and punched 'em right in the grill(s). Knocked 'em right off their cheese-steak sammiches.

At the half, Cut does what he does and, today it worked really well. We made adjustments. They didn't (rookie, interim HC? over-confidence? both?). We suddenly put pressure on the QB. Owls had no running attack and the D-line played that way. Then...whaddaya knowz? Our young secondary growed up right before our eyes in that second half.

Great effort. Great game. Great win. One for the books (literally)!

Always wondered if I'd live to see it. Now I've gotta bump my expectations up to seeing Duke in a future football Final...X? Who knows, lotta about argle-bargle about expanding the "Play-offs".

Anyhoo, after today's performance, I can't even remember our last regular season game.
    Last edited by -jk; 12-28-2018 at 11:09 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by TampaDuke View Post
    In fairness, UCF blew the doors off of Pitt.
    Yes in Sept when Pitt sucked...the Temple UCF game was in November.

Yes in Sept when Pitt sucked...the Temple UCF game was in November.
    The same November when Pitt lost by 3 touchdowns to Miami?

Duke acted like they'd been there before...after the game. No gatorade bath (the most cliched over used thing ever)...coach Cut appeared very gracious to Temple coach. I like it!!!
    http://www.goduke.com/PhotoAlbum.dbm...PALBID=2204914

Joe Giles-Harris disagrees.
    Bob Green