Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    It’s all clicked in the past 2 hours. Can we play another couple of games😅
    It does show the difference between a decent Power 5 team, and a upper tier (by record) Group of 6 team. We’re still down five starting defensive players.

And AAC, you are not “Power 6” per your commercial.

The Harris backward pass to Jones lined up as a WR followed by the Jones forward pass back to Harris for a big gain is one of my favorite trick plays.

Also liked the Jones completion to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    It does show the difference between a decent Power 5 team, and a upper tier (by record) Group of 6 team. We’re still down five starting defensive players.

Their teams proving your point this year. This isn’t UCF’s best team by far and they are still undefeated.

“More than double!”

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post

Borrow from Gary Parrish: Power 5 and 1.

Great comeback...good win...solid season.

Hats off to Cutcliffe and crew for rebounding after Wake disaster. I'm hopeful next season will build on the last. Definitely a lot of talent to fill the holes made by Ben, JGH, and DJ.

Very good way to end the year!!

I always watch the whole game, in person or on TV. At one point, I was not looking forward to the last 40 minutes at all. The coaches and players really hung in there until we made some things happen. Sweet!!!!

Edit: I guess that "point" was with about 40 minutes left
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

no gatorade bath....

Duke acted like they'd been there before....after the game. No gatorade bath (the most cliched over used thing ever)....coach Cut appeared very gracious to Temple coach. I like it!!!

Still hate what this team could've been with merely average injuries....10+ win team. Good for them sucking it up and ending the season with 42 straight points today.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Their teams proving your point this year. This isn’t UCF’s best team by far and they are still undefeated.
    ...AND UCF struggled against Temple a lot more than we did...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Duke acted like they'd been there before...after the game. No gatorade bath (the most cliched over used thing ever)...coach Cut appeared very gracious to Temple coach. I like it!!!

Still hate what this team could've been with merely average injuries...10+ win team. Good for them sucking it up and ending the season with 42 straight points today.
    There was a Gatorade bath.

very happy for the entire team, from managers on up to Cut, but especially the seniors who have played their last game for Duke.

I think Jones has to go, not gonna get any better draft wise.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ...AND UCF struggled against Temple a lot more than we did...
    I did not know that. The two plays by Daniel Jones, and TJ Rahming's play, really kept us from being swamped by the end of the first half.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate85 View Post
    There was a Gatorade bath.
    Strange to everyone, I'm sure, but I loves me some Gatorade Bath!!!!!! For those of us who went through all the lean years, it may never get old or be too cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by du_bb1 View Post
    very happy for the entire team, from managers on up to Cut, but especially the seniors who have played their last game for Duke.

I think Jones has to go, not gonna get any better draft wise.
    Jones made his case to go pro. He has a shot to go in the first two rounds. He has all the measurables NFL scouts want to see. I could see New England or the Giants interested in him.

Coach Cutcliffe is now 3-3 in bowl games at Duke.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I predict Temple's missed PAT comes back to haunt them. Duke by 1.
    Looking back on this thread... this is cute
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Coming into the game, Temple was #7 in the nation in Pass Defense allowing 166 yards per game. Duke threw for 440 yards!
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Looking back on this thread... this is cute
    Well, Duke was up by 1 once.

I'm very proud of this team but not surprised by their bouncing back after the Wake Forest game. No disrespect at all to the Temple Owls, but I expected our guys to demonstrate some real pride and win based on the prior game. To be honest though, I didn't expect this resounding of a win but I'll take it! To anyone who made the trip down to LA, kudos to you for supporting the team and cheering 'em on to victory.

Congrats to Coach Cut, his staff, and the entire team - well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Coach Cutcliffe is now 3-3 in bowl games at Duke.
    and I would say Cut and the Devils acquitted themselves very well in all six of those games.