Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
All the talk is that Fields is looking at FSU, Oklahoma, and Ohio State. He wants a big-time football program and a shot at the Heisman/National Title. He's going to try to be immediately eligible, claiming that some racist taunts thrown at him by some silly Georgia fans have made it hard for him to come back to school there. Word is he has a shot at getting a waiver from the NCAA (though everyone knows this is just an eligibility ploy). If he is unable to get the waiver, it is possible he just stays at Georgia, spends another year as Jake Fromm's backup (playing here and there in blow outs or in special situations) and then takes over as the starting QB in 2 years (which is what would happen if he went somewhere else and had to sit a season).
I think it was a Georgia baseball player who made the comments and was kicked off the team because of it. I'm a UGA fan and would have no hard feelings towards Fields if he transferred but using that incident as a way to play right away rings hollow with his little sister committed to play softball at Georgia next year. To further complicate Fields' decision, at this point it's not a sure thing that Jake Fromm enters the draft next year.

Apologies for the thread hijack but I find the big time QB recruit transfer/not transfer situations happening around college football fascinating. Fields committed to Georgia when both Jacob Eason (the #2 pro style QB, just behind Shea Patterson, and #5 overall) and Jake Fromm (#3 pro style QB) were already on the roster. Trevor Lawrence takes his job away from a guy who had Clemson in the playoff. Then there's the Jalen Hurts/Tua Tagovailoa made for the movies story. I love both the confidence of the guys that come to schools knowing they have a great QB in front of them that they have to beat out to win the job and the humility and unselfishness displayed by some who lose their job. I was highly impressed by both Jacob Eason and Jalen Hurts last year in how they handled being replaced. It gave me two great examples to use when talking to the players I coach about playing your role to the best of your ability no matter what that role is.