ACC network launch date set for 8-22-19

Will this require an additional subscription fee, or will it be part of a standard cable package that would include ESPN?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Will this require an additional subscription fee, or will it be part of a standard cable package that would include ESPN?
    Wanna guess?

-jk

Probably depend on your service provider and plan. I have Spectrum. I get the SEC Network but do not get the Big Ten Network. Darned if I know why.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Probably depend on your service provider and plan. I have Spectrum. I get the SEC Network but do not get the Big Ten Network. Darned if I know why.
    And I get about 7 channels dedicated to PAC-12 with Spectrum Winston Salem. Hopefully those get converted to ACC Network with no additional subscription fees

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    If you are in a service area in which you get grits with your breakfast, you get the SEC network. Simple rule.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    And I get about 7 channels dedicated to PAC-12 with Spectrum Winston Salem. Hopefully those get converted to ACC Network with no additional subscription fees
    I have Spectrum also in W/S but I don't have the PAC-12 channels(must pay for them). I do get the Big-Ten with my subscription. I'm with you in hoping we get the ACC Network with our current package. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I have Spectrum also in W/S but I don't have the PAC-12 channels(must pay for them). I do get the Big-Ten with my subscription. I'm with you in hoping we get the ACC Network with our current package. GoDuke!
    Sounds like you got a better package. I should pay not to hear Bill Walton. I've never watched anything on those channels.

Here's a Chronicle article about how Duke is preparing for the launch of the ACC Network and Duke's own dramatically expanded television production capabilities.

https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...cc-network-era

I am no expert on the topic, but Duke certainly seems to be very smart with the way they have approached the "everything must be available on-demand" era and its insatiable appetite for compelling content. It is amazing how nearly every possible sporting event, right down to your kid's 12 year old basketball game, will likely be available to watch from any internet-connected device within the next X years. The next thing they will have to do is figure out how to make it a two way experience so that the kids playing can actually hear and feel the cheering happening inside the homes that no one wants to leave to attend the game in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    The next thing they will have to do is figure out how to make it a two way experience so that the kids playing can actually hear and feel the cheering happening inside the homes that no one wants to leave to attend the game in person.
    Boy, that development will really help attendance and the bottom line of the sponsoring groups!

The next thing they will have to do is figure out how to make it a two way experience so that the kids playing can actually hear and feel the cheering happening inside the homes that no one wants to leave to attend the game in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Boy, that development will really help attendance and the bottom line of the sponsoring groups!
    Ha! I know...but that's the world we are in. I actually think with the increasing virtual nature of society that there will be a resulting strong market for in-person experiences that will get better and better as they evolve with consumer preferences. Smart/wired stadiums where people can enjoy a "second screen" experience (the first screen being what is actually happening on the field), real-time wagering, who knows what else. Cameron is so old that it is IN again in terms of the small size of the venue which, in combination with a fantastic team, creates huge demand. If you would have told me that Atlanta would launch a MLS team that would draw 50K fans per game, I'd have checked your e-cig to see what you were vaping...but they did. The world of streaming vs in-person attendance is a really wild west now, but people are cracking the code, and making that big $$$$.

HThe next thing they will have to do is figure out how to make it a two way experience so that the kids playing can actually hear and feel the cheering happening inside the homes that no one wants to leave to attend the game in person.

Robotics...robot fans....think of the jobs that'll create...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Robotics...robot fans...think of the jobs that'll create...
    They have had robot fans and fan noise over at the Dump for years.

They can start like ESPN did...does Duke have Australian rules football intramurals, for example?

An update on early ACC Network programming, including a documentary on Duke's 1982 recruiting class that will debut opening night.

At an event held prior to the semifinals of the 2019 New York Life ACC Tournament at the Spectrum Center in Charlotte, N.C., network officials announced four ACCN exclusive early-season conference basketball games featuring eight ACC institutions (November 5 and 6), an ESPN Films documentary, The Class That Saved Coach K, and a multi-part film, The Tournament: A History of ACC Basketball, and a daily talk show Packer and Durham hosted by Mark Packer and Wes Durham on ACCN and simulcast on SiriusXM radio.
    classthatsavedcoachk.jpg

You can view a trailer of the documentary here. (Sorry, I can't embed it.)

New ACC network

Right now I have Sling for sports. I pay the extra $5 to have ESPNU, SEC Network, etc during basketball season. Can anyone tell me with my current package what will occur when the new ACC network begins.

Thank you,
    Billy