Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    One of these days they'll crash into a VIP and they'll be asked to slow down. The only people in Cameron who should be moving that fast are players on the court, and unc fans heading for the exits. Everyone else should dial it back, it's not a large space made for sprinting.
    security/ushers form a wall to prevent anyone from entering the pathway until the team has exited. If a VIP forces their way past and gets hit, that's on them. Further, it's far less dangerous than the players sprinting down the court and sometimes ending up in the seats who weigh 50-100 lbs more. Having been on the receiving end of Scheyer and Kennard, I would rather be run over by a manager.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    security/ushers form a wall to prevent anyone from entering the pathway until the team has exited. If a VIP forces their way past and gets hit, that's on them. Further, it's far less dangerous than the players sprinting down the court and sometimes ending up in the seats who weigh 50-100 lbs more. Having been on the receiving end of Scheyer and Kennard, I would rather be run over by a manager.
    "plant your feet, take the charge . . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Unless it's Zion .

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Unless it's Zion .
    Yep, if OPK does that, it'll be FlatPhiKap.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Unless it's Zion .
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yep, if OPK does that, it'll be FlatPhiKap.
    . . . just like Kevin Bacon at the end of Animal House . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    That's fine, but it's still stupid and unnecessary...they could move expeditiously without being reckless.

That's fine, but it's still stupid and unnecessary...they could move expeditiously without being reckless.
    Maybe last one there has to do some awful chore...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Reckless, perhaps, but it seems like "trying to hard" too make some kind of virtuous point about intensity ALL THE TIME or what have you. Barney Fife like. To me it seems kind of silly, and not really in the atmosphere of the program, which is far from silly.

Is there anything we cannot criticize and become indignant about?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Is there anything we cannot criticize and become indignant about?
    You mean, like, other peoples' posts????

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    You mean, like, other peoples' posts????
    Yup, Billy Dat's original post was right on the money. It was an observation, and a funny one at that. Not "indignant" in the least. Over the top behavior is a perfectly nice discussion item.

Maybe we need to find out why they are doing this.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Is there any video of said sprint? When I am in Cameron, I sit across the Duke bench, but have realized that I've not made any notice of this burst of enthusiasm.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Is there any video of said sprint? When I am in Cameron, I sit across the Duke bench, but have realized that I've not made any notice of this burst of enthusiasm.
    I do see it on tv. I want to know if there is any video or even anectotal stories about the managers colliding with someone during their mad dash? I just figured it was their way of expending some energy and a need to get to the locker room quickly instead of sending someone down early where they have to miss part of the game.

It would be kind of funny if one of them slipped on a wet spot on the floor during their sprint.

You think they are intense? You should see the furrow of my brow every time I post.

You think they are intense? You should see the furrow of my brow every time I post.
    You could probably just get some worry lines tattooed on your forehead and save the muscle strain.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    You could probably just get some worry lines tattooed on your forehead and save the muscle strain.
    Bad idea for OPK with a bowl in Shreveport or Dallas pending.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I suspect it’s added training for the annual managers game against the cheats.
    My understanding is that the manager game against UNCheat was discontinued after the scuffle in 2014. I can’t find any clear evidence of this, but it’s my recollection.

what's kind of funny is that Duke (like many other institutions with lots of money and assets) is quite risk averse. Liability concern was one of the major reasons they instituted the security screening at WW (I know, a lot of places do that now).
    The point being that if someone were to get hurt during the Godzilla stampede, Duke could have some serious liability. Any capable personal injury attorney could easily point out that the stampede is neither prudent nor necessary in the least.
    And I happen to know a crackjack personal injury attorney who sits courtside! (as for the Maginot Line of Duke Security protecting people, I'm not that impressed).
    Again, it's more goofy funny weird than anything else. Do the managers at any other school do this?