Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Meanwhile, IC is in mid-season form already. From a thread entitled “The next time Roy decides not to coach:”

Please let us know ahead of time. So I don't stay up to watch this garbage. Pouting like a child. He blew through an 8 point first half lead because he didn't want to call a timeout. His team doesn't play defense because he doesn't know how to coach it. Never has.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Meanwhile, IC is in mid-season form already. From a thread entitled “The next time Roy decides not to coach:”
    Visit ICMeltdown on twitter and save yourself the need for an extra shower!
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    One of my favorite follows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Well heck, they're a football school now. It's all part of the plan. Mack wanted it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Well heck, they're a football school now. It's all part of the plan. Mack wanted it this way.
    Thankfully, ICmeltdown covered football too.

From my (admittedly far from comprehensive) observations of the Big11 challenge, I'd roughly rate the ACC teams' performances thusly:

Duke did quite well, of course

Louisville (whom I don't really consider a true ACC member, and in fact their whole athletic dept. should have been shut down by now, but then so should UNC's and Michigan State's...). Big win and a much better team than I'd expected.

Syracuse - finally got their point guard in place so really can be seen to have re-booted their season after a most disappointing performance beforehand. Could still have a good season, although OSU was probably over-rated too, but a road win all the same.

BC - they're not going anywhere this year, but still a nice win over another Pitino who also is likely gone after this season.

UVa - I actually didn't watch this, but I gather blew a huge lead (probably confused by having to wear their home uniforms) yet got their act together at the end, on the road. Not really a #4 in nation performance, but still ok.

FSU, tried to lose this, but Purdue wanted to lose it more.

Pitt - I know they lost, and couldn't hold on at the end, but leading a supposed #14 team on the road until final minutes with that talent, has to be encouraging for Jeff Capel

Notre Dame - saw none of this, and they just did survive at home against a not great team, but ACC is running out of wins at all at this point

NC State - Also couldn't make plays at the end, but that's a decent team, Wisconsin, and finally a road game against a decent team. Could have been worse.

Miami Not sure how good they were supposed to be and Rutgers may not be bad, but still losing at home to them is not encouraging

Clemson - Nebraska is actually supposed to be pretty good this year, but this was a home game Clemson should have won I suspect, and again, couldn't make plays at the end

VT - Same about not making plays down at the end, but at least on the road, although this is Penn State we're talking about, and VT was supposed to be Top 20, even if very thin roster.

GT - Didn't see but apparently just deplorable performance at NW.

UNC - Really stunk it up in the last 30 minutes, although may have played the best team by far, on the road, of the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    It was always unrealistic that the ACC would have 3 of the top 4 teams (kenpom) in the country. I mean, while physically possible, it's just really, really, unlikely, so the shoe had to drop for one of the 3 teams. I think we now know which team is the turd in the ACC elite punch bowl.

Nassir Little - 4 points in 16 minutes. He really IS going to stay all 4 years, isn't he? God, I hate that program.
    Unless, of course, he pulls a Tony Bradley .

Who are the 2 DBR folks who have a pie bet on 1 year or more than 1 year with Little? Are you one of them?

And, BTW, "u"nc has always been the turd in the punch bowl.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

For once, I agree with Roy
    LOL. He threw himself under the bus. I hope it left multiple sets of tire tracks.

For once, I agree with Roy
    Oh, I don't think this is the first time you've agreed with Roy.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    From my (admittedly far from comprehensive) observations of the Big11 challenge, I'd roughly rate the ACC teams' performances thusly:

Duke did quite well, of course

Louisville (whom I don't really consider a true ACC member, and in fact their whole athletic dept. should have been shut down by now, but then so should UNC's and Michigan State's...). Big win and a much better team than I'd expected.

Syracuse - finally got their point guard in place so really can be seen to have re-booted their season after a most disappointing performance beforehand. Could still have a good season, although OSU was probably over-rated too, but a road win all the same.

BC - they're not going anywhere this year, but still a nice win over another Pitino who also is likely gone after this season.

UVa - I actually didn't watch this, but I gather blew a huge lead (probably confused by having to wear their home uniforms) yet got their act together at the end, on the road. Not really a #4 in nation performance, but still ok.

FSU, tried to lose this, but Purdue wanted to lose it more.

Pitt - I know they lost, and couldn't hold on at the end, but leading a supposed #14 team on the road until final minutes with that talent, has to be encouraging for Jeff Capel

Notre Dame - saw none of this, and they just did survive at home against a not great team, but ACC is running out of wins at all at this point

NC State - Also couldn't make plays at the end, but that's a decent team, Wisconsin, and finally a road game against a decent team. Could have been worse.

Miami Not sure how good they were supposed to be and Rutgers may not be bad, but still losing at home to them is not encouraging

Clemson - Nebraska is actually supposed to be pretty good this year, but this was a home game Clemson should have won I suspect, and again, couldn't make plays at the end

VT - Same about not making plays down at the end, but at least on the road, although this is Penn State we're talking about, and VT was supposed to be Top 20, even if very thin roster.

GT - Didn't see but apparently just deplorable performance at NW.

UNC - Really stunk it up in the last 30 minutes, although may have played the best team by far, on the road, of the challenge.
    I blame Miami for the ACC not winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    I blame State for not winning. We were the better team for 38 minutes but couldn't close the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I blame State for not winning. We were the better team for 38 minutes but couldn't close the deal.
    Yeah, but Rutgers.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

I really thought the ACC was gonna gack up the trophy by losing all three of the late games Wednesday night. I mean, seriously. UNC was close at halftime and then just folded. GT at one time trailed Northwestern 52-26. FSU recovered to win only because of its defense, which caused numerous turnovers from Purdue. The FSU offense was painful to watch, except for that runner with five seconds to go.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Can someone tell me why FL St. was wearing that hideous shade of blue last night? I was pulling for the ACC to tie the challenge, but that was hard to watch. Garnet and gold people. Garnet and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Can someone tell me why FL St. was wearing that hideous shade of blue last night? I was pulling for the ACC to tie the challenge, but that was hard to watch. Garnet and gold people. Garnet and gold.
    Someone last night relayed that it was some sort of homage to the Seminole tribe.

Pretty much. The Challenge was technically a tie but I'd argue that the ACC got the better of it. (Not that it matters). The difference came down to Pitt and NCSU not quite being able to pull off their big road upsets while Rutgers unfortunately was able to at Miami.

We were a bit unlucky on coin flips in this Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Pretty much. The Challenge was technically a tie but I'd argue that the ACC got the better of it. (Not that it matters). The difference came down to Pitt and NCSU not quite being able to pull off their big road upsets while Rutgers unfortunately was able to at Miami.

We were a bit unlucky on coin flips in this Challenge.
    Did we win on point differential? With the GT comeback, the cheats may have cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Someone last night relayed that it was some sort of homage to the Seminole tribe.
    Are Seminoles color blind or something? How is that color a tribute to them? Here is their logo:
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/tur...-florida-state

Why turquoise? New Mexico Athletics explained in a press release:

The turquoise color is deeply symbolic of friendship and community in Native American culture, reflecting the support of four schools to elevate the power of sport both inside and outside Native communities.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/tur...-florida-state

Why turquoise? New Mexico Athletics explained in a press release:

The turquoise color is deeply symbolic of friendship and community in Native American culture, reflecting the support of four schools to elevate the power of sport both inside and outside Native communities.
    One of the things I love about New Mexico is how much Native American culture is at the forefront. It’s truly part of the fabric, or at least seems so to this visitor.

FSU has worked closely with the Seminole Nation for decades to honor them, and not make them an appropriated characature.

Bravo for this.