Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    A variation on the Duke curse making its way to football...
    ...a variation on the Jim Grobe factor?

Wow...now you get fired for losing bowl games. I remember when you only got fired for being really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Wow...now you get fired for losing bowl games. I remember when you only got fired for being really bad.
    Well that was before two thirds of all teams made bowl games...or whatever that percentage is now.

And if you are referring to Richt....that was never a good match. I know Richt played at the U - but Richt's entire image has been the antithesis of the U's entire image. The U is not interested in changing to match Richt, and Richt was never going to be a thug coach nor run a thug program.

Like Charlie Strong at Texas, Will Muschamp at Florida, etc...the school/program and the coach have to match for it to really work out. Duke is lucky at the moment because the two coaches of the two major programs are indeed good matches for Duke. Obviously K could win anywhere, but I think Duke is where he would succeed the most, and I think that's one reason he never left. The match was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    LMAO this is incredible. How have I never seen this before???
    Quite a number of these exist with one of the funniest lampooning "u"nc's cheating.

I'd post the one about Hitler discussing UVA's loss to UMBC, however, it contains an incredible amount of profanity, but you can always Google it...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The prospect of Butch Davis being back in the ACC does not excite me.
    "You Can Never Go Home Again" -- James Bonk (on chemical equilibrium), aptly borrowed from Thomas Wolfe. I didn't think much of Davis at UNC, but he does wow the message board fan quite well.

Manny Diaz to Miami.

From Twitter:

R.L. Bynum

@RL_Bynum
    11m11 minutes ago
    More
    Temple will lose a head coach to an ACC school twice this month: Geoff Collins left Dec. 7 to coach Georgia Tech and, reportedly, Manny Diaz (named Temple coach on Dec. 13) will leave for Miami.

ESPN’s story on Manny Diaz leaving Temple before coaching a game to take over at Miami. Tough few days for Temple.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...rk-richt-coach

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    Miami hires an old retread for 2-3 years while Diaz cuts his teeth at Temple.

Diaz then gets his “dream job” and Foley gets another Bowl Game gig.
    No retreads for Miami. Diaz agreed within hours of Richt's announcement it seems. Even if he has a learning curve to go through, Manny is a better choice than a recycled Butch Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Avvocato View Post
    ESPN’s story on Manny Diaz leaving Temple before coaching a game to take over at Miami. Tough few days for Temple.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...rk-richt-coach
    Yeah, really tough on Temple. And what do they do now with Foley? The guy is not head coach material IMO, but they may have to give him a two year contract now to save face.

As for Diaz, like he said, nobody saw the Richt announcement coming. If anyone had, Diaz would've never said yes to Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Yeah, really tough on Temple. And what do they do now with Foley? The guy is not head coach material IMO, but they may have to give him a two year contract now to save face.

As for Diaz, like he said, nobody saw the Richt announcement coming. If anyone had, Diaz would've never said yes to Temple.
    They evidently want Schiano, or at least a lot of their fans do.

I wonder how much that bowl blowout had to do with it. Miami sure as heck didn't show up.

And I was excited about being done with that stupid turnover chain . . . .

Well that was before two thirds of all teams made bowl games...or whatever that percentage is now.

And if you are referring to Richt...that was never a good match. I know Richt played at the U - but Richt's entire image has been the antithesis of the U's entire image. The U is not interested in changing to match Richt, and Richt was never going to be a thug coach nor run a thug program.

Like Charlie Strong at Texas, Will Muschamp at Florida, etc...the school/program and the coach have to match for it to really work out. Duke is lucky at the moment because the two coaches of the two major programs are indeed good matches for Duke. Obviously K could win anywhere, but I think Duke is where he would succeed the most, and I think that's one reason he never left. The match was perfect.
    Under Mark Richt, UGA was tied for 3rd in players arrested over the period 2010-2015.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...-arrests-2015/
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Miami Head Football Coach

With the recent Head Football Coaching "trend" - I thought Miami would have surely re-hired Jimmy Johnson out of retirement. LMAO!!

Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I wonder how much that bowl blowout had to do with it. Miami sure as heck didn't show up.

And I was excited about being done with that stupid turnover chain . . . .
    Well, with it having appeared while Diaz was the DC, I don't think it's going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Well, with it having appeared while Diaz was the DC, I don't think it's going anywhere.
    Exactly, it’s his baby.

I like the turnover chain. I find it funny, schlocky, inspiring, goofy, and in good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Under Mark Richt, UGA was tied for 3rd in players arrested over the period 2010-2015.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...-arrests-2015/
    Well that's an interesting stat, but Richt's Georgia teams didn't project the image the U teams of the past did, not even close.

As to the arrests, I mean, we know the cops simply look the other way in certain towns (Lexington, Tallahassee, etc)...so I don't know that you can read too much into that.

Well that's an interesting stat, but Richt's Georgia teams didn't project the image the U teams of the past did, not even close.

As to the arrests, I mean, we know the cops simply look the other way in certain towns (Lexington, Tallahassee, etc)...so I don't know that you can read too much into that.
    You forgot chapel hill.

Anyone know where Rich Rodriguez landed ? I vaguely remember him interviewing for an OC job.
    Thanks in advance.