Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

FB: coaching carousel

Coach Mac out at Colorado.

W&M hires Mike London, so he can now claim head coach status at three I-64 institutions in Virginia.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...tribe-football

Here's a touching David Teel piece on Jimmye Laycock's last game: https://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp...118-story.html

Laycock coached two current NFL head coaches (Tomlin; McDermott)

UNCC has fired the coach that got their program started and into FBS.
    They are on the Duke FB schedule for a home and home series in 2020/21.

Cut will obviously be staying, but I will be curious to see if there is some movement on the staff, especially as other schools start making changes/letting assistants go.

I think Clemson broke us.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I concur: the final hit in a season dragged down with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    I concur: the final hit in a season dragged down with injuries.
    Cannot blame this on injuries. Our offense is plenty healthy (barely any injuries) and we played worse against Wake on that side of the ball than Towson, Tulane, or Rice (by a wide margin in all three cases).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Cannot blame this on injuries. Our offense is plenty healthy (barely any injuries) and we played worse against Wake on that side of the ball than Towson, Tulane, or Rice (by a wide margin in all three cases).
    Yea, given that in August we heard something like "biggest, fastest, strongest, deepest" Duke team in years or something to that effect. How many players down was WFU's defense today?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yea, given that in August we heard something like "biggest, fastest, strongest, deepest" Duke team in years or something to that effect. How many players down was WFU's defense today?
    This is true....Wake may be the only team in the country to have injuries to the extent Duke did...so we lost the infirmary bowl 59-7. Clawson is helluva coach. He fired a coordinator mid season too (oops did I mention that?)

Nothing official yet, but we may see some a new face at the ACC media event next season. Looks like they are tired of Fedora.

https://247sports.com/college/north-...nge-125271411/

Any chance Jim Bridge or Zac Roper are on their radar?

I don't want to see Fedora lose his job at UNC. I wonder if some how a bunch of Duke boosters and Iron Duke's got together and went to the UNC folks and told them Duke would pay Fedora's salary to remain UNC's if they would take it.

Quote Originally Posted by skysdad View Post
    I don't want to see Fedora lose his job at UNC. I wonder if some how a bunch of Duke boosters and Iron Duke's got together and went to the UNC folks and told them Duke would pay Fedora's salary to remain UNC's if they would take it.
    Quick! Somebody set up a gofundme page! LGD GTHc 9F!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Quick! Somebody set up a gofundme page! LGD GTHc 9F!
    Harruummph. I suggested this weeks ago. Yea, I'm grumpy tonight.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Southern Miss was a total rebuild after Fedora left town. UNC faces the same thing for 2-3 years after Fedora leaves. GT will face a different kind of rebuild once Johnson leaves.

To keep this updated...
    In addition to the cheats, Colorado, Bowling Green and Louisville, we have...

Les Miles hired at Kansas.

Texas State coach fired.

UMass.

Central Michigan

Texas Tech job now open.

ESPN has a nice updated table BTW

Scottie Mo is rumored to be out at ECU, awaiting official outcome to be as early as today.

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    Scottie Mo is rumored to be out at ECU, awaiting official outcome to be as early as today.
    I am hoping the win over the Cheats bought him another year, but this would not surprise me. My understanding is that everyone likes him, but the results just are not there and they fired their last coach for better records.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    So that makes two UNC head coaches getting fired this weekend. I never understood the Withers to Texas State move (on his part). He was perched at an FCS juggernaut in JMU and seemingly could have parlayed that into some much better job than one of the worst in FBS at Texas State.

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    yeah, I think this is inevitable. i liked Scottie Mo as a WR coach....didn't like him much as OC/QB coach....never understood why he should coach QBs...and was very happy when ECU hired him away. Really great guy...not ready for coordinator or HC position it would seem.

I'm wondering if Mack Brown might be interested in the Heels job ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    I'm wondering if Mack Brown might be interested in the Heels job ?
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...tar-heels/amp/

I would say, yes he is. How much interest is there on the Heels side of things?

How many coaches are successful a second time around? especially now that he's collecting social security? I'd have to think he's burned a fair number of bridges when he left for Texas.