Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I don't think Zion will hit the freshman wall.

Zion IS the freshman wall.
    You want Zion on that wall. You need Zion on that wall. (Apologies to Jack N.)

Yes I worry about our players hitting that wall as well in practice.

Raise your hand if this is you foresaw this particular stat: Marquis Bolden, 4 gms, 18.2 min/gm, 0.0 TO% (nat rank, 1)

I thought SDSU actually had a good game plan. Drive at Zion, try to get him in foul trouble. Limit Duke fast break opportunities. Make free throws. Limit turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenorth View Post
    Free throw shooting continues to be a concern. In a close game I would be happy to see Reddish go to the line; not so much for Barrett or Williamson.
    Reddish has a beautiful free throw stroke. Zion's is more of a shot put. And Tre's form is just bad. Maybe Cam could coach the other guys on form?

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I thought Bilas said that his dad was there to see him play his first Duke game. If so, Jack didn't disappoint.
    Yes, Dad was there! What a great game for his first Duke game! Proud poppa, I bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post

Yes, Dad was there! What a great game for his first Duke game! Proud poppa, I bet!
    Ah, yes! Sun dawns over Marblehead! Melbourne is a heckuva lot closer to Maui than to Durham. Plus, you end up in Hawaii.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Take a look at it — I don’t think it was Tre building up Cam. Cam is a natural and Tre deferred to him. At least in that setting, as I see it.

You (and others) may see it different though.
    I was finally able to take a look. On the first question, Tre looked over and nodded to Cam. He was clearly passing it to Cam. On the next questions, Cam more naturally answered first.

I will say (again), the camera work was really bad. I watched the version that is on Goduke.com The close ups on Tre while questions were being asked didn't allow us to really see the dynamics, or even get a sense of engagement with the questioner or each other. the person on camera was clearly seated very close to the dais, but could have gotten wider angle shots.

At least unlike last time, this time it didn't look like it was recorded from a taxi cab bouncing down the streets of Manhattan, so there is that I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    at 6:49 left in the game, it was 86-51. and there were 59 possessions. and the dogs were largely called off

146-86 efficiency which adjusts to

152 offense
    81.5 defense

To put that in perspective, the best offense "so far" this year is duke at 119 and the D is michigan at 87. To put it in more perspective, the best defense ever in the KP era is 2009 memphis at 84.2.

Preseason bias or not, only michigan's defense has come anywhere close to the level duke is playing on either side of the ball, and they'll have a lot to prove with their tough 4 game stretch of UNC, purdue, NW, and USC.
    This was such a great post, and provides such great information that I had to call it out to the entire board. A spork alone just didn't seem like enough. Thanks for this, uh_no!

Speaking of Zion as The Freshman Wall...

A focus for this year's team is the "stand-still 3." Motion will create a lot of opportunities, so Coach K wants everyone to be able to hit them.

Zion has masterd the "stand-still screen." Watch this 3 pointer by Reddish during the Ky game. Zion is basically a wall as he "sets" a screen. He is standing still and doesn't even brace himself as EJ Montgomery (6'10", 235#) bounces off of Zion.

Zion IS the wall!

Watch the sequence beginning at about :44 seconds. I wish I knoew how to make a GIF of this.

https://youtu.be/ew_rPrCfyYg

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Speaking of Zion as The Freshman Wall...

A focus for this year's team is the "stand-still 3." Motion will create a lot of opportunities, so Coach K wants everyone to be able to hit them.

Zion has masterd the "stand-still screen." Watch this 3 pointer by Reddish during the Ky game. Zion is basically a wall as he "sets" a screen. He is standing still and doesn't even brace himself as EJ Montgomery (6'10", 235#) bounces off of Zion.

Zion IS the wall!

Watch the sequence beginning at about :44 seconds. I wish I knoew how to make a GIF of this.

https://youtu.be/ew_rPrCfyYg
    No need for a shorter gif. That linky is all fun and great to watch.