Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 90, SDSU 64 Post-Game Thread

Discuss the game here.
    Bob Green

Was going to gush, but the last 3.5 minutes tasted bad. But that’s a small gripe.

Most entertaining Duke team to watch (which is different from best) since '99? '92? I love watching these guys play basketball.

Last 3.5 minutes doesn't matter. Rest up the starters for big game with Auburn in 24 hours.

Perfect scenario - no big minutes from starters and bench players contributed well

SDSU played great D in the first half. Lanes were clogged and hard to get open looks. RJ's ability to score contested 3's really helped us stay on track and then finally pull away. He is our best player at creating his own shot. I think that will come into play more and more as the opponents get tougher.

Jack White. So solid, Go Go Gadget Arms for rebounding and a banger...sweet stroke from 3 and the FT Line (which we desperately need). What's not to like?
    Last edited by Bob Green; 11-20-2018 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Keeping it family friendly

Nice contributions from lots of different players. Biggest areas for improvement are too much fouling on defense from the bigs, and also getting too reliant on the three. But hard to complain when we win by that kind of margin.

Interesting game with all of the best Duke players having good games. Tre Jones appeared to have an excellent game and I continue to be impressed with Jack White and I think the coaches are as well.

I did think the guys needed to understand how to deal with the zone defense. We tried to drive into the teeth of it for a while and had trouble with offensive fouls and turnovers. Great learning experience for us. Our 3 point shooting kind of killed the zone effectiveness.

We did get into foul trouble but we have so much ability that any one of the big three can rack up points. Our foul shooting could use some improvement and while I love Alex O'Connell's ability, he doesn't seem to get his shot off enough. He is just one more offensive weapon and it would be great for the team if he could be a little more aggressive and effective.

Goldwire is a capable ball handler and defensive player but he doesn't shoot too well

Our bigs do their job although too many fouls. They need to clean that up as the season progresses.

Good game for us and no one played really big minutes. They should be ready for Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Jack MF-ing White. So solid, Go Go Gadget Arms for rebounding and a banger...sweet stroke from 3 and the FT Line (which we desperately need). What's not to like?
    If I'm seeing a valid box score, Jack got the most minutes!

-jk

I also thought this is another game where Bolden continued to grow. His box score isn’t anything special but I thought he was effective, not Jack White effective but who can live up to that standard!?!?

Tre’s pass the length of the court was absurd. He gets the least amount of attention but this guy is really really good.
    Cam can turn it on when he wants to and when he does, the results are shocking. Love that he was talking junk during the game, the more fire we get from him the better.

I found myself disappointed up only 10 in the first 5 or so minutes because everything wasn’t perfect. What a team that they’ve tricked me into expecting that level and its their fourth game. Amazing. Hardly a perfect game but against a prepared, defensive minded team and it was 87 with about four to go, crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Captain Jack is the glue that holds this team together. Very impressive start to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Captain Jack is the glue that holds this team together. Very impressive start to the season.
    He’s the rum that blends the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    He’s the rum that blends the drink.
    ...don't you mean Foster's Lager?

^^ When he stirs the drink, does it circulate counter-clockwise?

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Did he take you to your special island?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    ^^ When he stirs the drink, does it circulate counter-clockwise?
    Oops. It's clockwise down under.

Love that Jack played so well with Dad in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    He did indeed with 28 minutes.

He also got the most rebounds with 8.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Did he take you to your special island?
    All I know is that Captain Jack got Duke by tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Oops. It's clockwise down under.

Love that Jack played so well with Dad in the crowd.
    Depends which way your bed is spinning, I guess.