Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FB: ACC Week 12

FB: ACC Week 12

Here are this week's non-Duke ACC games:

12:00 - Pittsburgh at Wake Forest (ACCNE)
    12:20 - N.C. State at Louisville (ACCNE)
    2:30 - #12 Syracuse at #3 Notre Dame (NBC)
    3:00 - Western Carolina at North Carolina (ACCNE)
    3:30 - #20 Boston College at Florida State (ESPN2)
    3:30 - Virginia at Georgia Tech (ACCNE)
    3:30 - Miami at Virginia Tech (ACCNE)

Wake Forest and Miami can secure bowl game eligibility with a win.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Here are this week's non-Duke ACC games:

12:00 - Pittsburgh at Wake Forest (ACCNE)
    12:20 - N.C. State at Louisville (ACCNE)
    2:30 - #12 Syracuse at #3 Notre Dame (NBC)
    3:00 - Western Carolina at North Carolina (ACCNE)
    3:30 - #20 Boston College at Florida State (ESPN2)
    3:30 - Virginia at Georgia Tech (ACCNE)
    3:30 - Miami at Virginia Tech (ACCNE)

Wake Forest and Miami can secure bowl game eligibility with a win.
    WCU has a record of 3-7. The cheaters have a chance at victory!

PS...Go Wake
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    WCU has a record of 3-7. The cheaters have a chance at victory!
    UNC is a 31 point favorite. OF course, weren't they favored by 28 or so over ECU?

Anybody else rooting hard for Syracuse this weekend? I have no use for Notre Dame, and on other occasions on which they've made their way into major bowls in recent years, they've generally gotten their [fannies] handed to them.
    I think the Orange have a very real chance this weekend, and I'd rather see Michigan in the CFP...not that it matters, since Alabama has mooted the whole process.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Anybody else rooting hard for Syracuse this weekend? I have no use for Notre Dame, and on other occasions on which they've made their way into major bowls in recent years, they've generally gotten their [fannies] handed to them.
    I think the Orange have a very real chance this weekend, and I'd rather see Michigan in the CFP...not that it matters, since Alabama has mooted the whole process.
    Yep. I pull for ACC teams in non-conference matchups. (baby blues excluded of course.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I’m back to having two teams to pull for this weekend. Last weekend I only had one, cause we were playing the cheats.

Go Duke!

Go WCU!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Yep. I pull for ACC teams in non-conference matchups. (baby blues excluded of course.)
    I can remember when almost everybody did that, especially in basketball, and I'm far from the oldest one here. It was the Cheats who ruined it...they simply could not accept that K was building a program that was passing them by....they thought with Dean's Myth that they would be kings forever (minus an odd run by Norm Sloan or Lefty...).

Now Duke hate is a national affliction....mostly from idiots who can't put two coherent syllables together as to why they hate Duke...

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I, too, do not like Notre Dame. They're constantly overrated. How long will the Irish reap the benefits of an illustrious past? Forever, I guess. Go Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I, too, do not like Notre Dame. They're constantly overrated. How long will the Irish reap the benefits of an illustrious past? Forever, I guess. Go Orange.
    Count me as another person rooting for Syracuse today as I also dislike Notre Dame. It really bothers me that they reap all the benefits of conference affiliation in everything but football without sharing any of their football revenue with the conference. Yeah, I understand that their deal with the ACC requires them to play something like 5 ACC schools each year, but it still really bothers me that we made this deal.

The only ACC school that should get special treatment is the “school” from Chapel Hill, and they’ve certainly earned it.

Definitely pulling for Syracuse especially since Notre Dame remains out of the ACC.

So a Pitt win combined with a Virginia loss would make Pitt the Coastal champs...

Doesn't Pitt clinch the championship game with a win today, regardless of what UVA does, because of their head-to-head win?

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Doesn't Pitt clinch the championship game with a win today, regardless of what UVA does, because of their head-to-head win?
    Yes, and Pitt is up on Wake 20-10 at the end of the 3rd quarter.
    Bob Green

State pulling away from the cards 38-3 to start the 4th

Final: Pitt 34, Wake Forest 13. The 5-6 Demon Deacons will be looking for win #6 and bowl eligibility next week at Wallace Wade Stadium. Duke will need to be ready to take care of business.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Final: Pitt 34, Wake Forest 13. The 5-6 Demon Deacons will be looking for win #6 and bowl eligibility next week at Wallace Wade Stadium. Duke will need to be ready to take care of business.
    Hate this result for several reasons. Mainly, as you say, they are coming to Wally Wade in a must-win game.

(Which we did to them last year in W-S).

Western Carolina jumps ahead of the heels 7-0.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Hate this result for several reasons. Mainly, as you say, they are coming to Wally Wade in a must-win game.

(Which we did to them last year in W-S).
    Exactly - what's interesting is that Wake must have sold out to stop the run. Pitt averaged only 3.3 per carry today...but had a ton of passing yards. Probably going to have to light it up with the pass against them...

BTW, with Wake in the Atlantic Division, how is it we play them every year? (or does it just seem like we do)
    Last edited by HereBeforeCoachK; 11-17-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Exactly - what's interesting is that Wake must have sold out to stop the run. Pitt averaged only 3.3 per carry today...but had a ton of passing yards. Probably going to have to light it up with the pass against them...

BTW, with Wake in the Atlantic Division, how is it we play them every year? (or does it just seem like we do)
    Wake is our permanent cross-over partner, so we do play them every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Wake is our permanent cross-over partner, so we do play them every year.
    Ah, thanks....meanwhile, we never ever see NC State....not sure I like this "perm cross" program....

unc goes for (and recovers) an early onside kick in an effort to pull off the upset over Western Carolina!