Not a true emergency, but I'm really puzzled about the latest Windows 10 update.
Got a new Lenovo laptop a couple of months ago as my home laptop was showing its age. Nifty unit, and I was using it to consolidate lots of phone photos, etc.
2 nights ago, Windows 10 decided it was time to do an update, and all transpired...except when I went back online for the first time, all my Chrome settings were reset and all my bookmarks were gone. It did import Chrome settings from my OLDER laptop, which I hadn't used much since getting the newer one.

Last night, I realized that (I;m a bit slow these days!) my new laptop was essentially reset to what it was when I first turned it on.
The standard folders of documents, downloads, and photos, WERE EMPTY. Just plain gone.

I did try downloading Cloud files, but I hadn't intentionally backed anything up yet.

So, is there a reset point I can go back to, am I missing something very simple, or is this some evil plot by Bill Gates to get me to donate more funds to Microsoft?

Nothing was truly irreplaceable *sigh*, but in my decades of doing IBM PC DOS backups, restores, and upgrades, I've never seen such a total removal of my entire saved files before, especially on a 'routine' windows update.

Thanks for any assistance the fine DBR cyber-experts can provide!

JStuart