Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    May I bayou a drink?
    That would be wild, cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    That would be wild, cat.
    Not as wild as that ending. LSU wins.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Baton down the hatches, folks.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Baton down the hatches, folks.
    If that happened to Duke instead of UK, this forum would explode.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    No kidding. Very clearly basket interference. All the more frustrating that they reviewed the play and could obviously see it, but weren’t allowed to overturn that part of the play.

Still a great performance by LSU.

Question: Is any player (offensive or defensive) allowed to touch/move the net on a shot? It sure looked like one of the UK guys went through/swatted the net while contesting that shot.

Literally...

Before the LSU player ever touched the ball (on then initial shot), the Ky player went up through the goal and net, hitting the rim, while the shot was up. I thought that was considered defensive goal tending, before the offensive tip.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Question: Is any player (offensive or defensive) allowed to touch/move the net on a shot? It sure looked like one of the UK guys went through/swatted the net while contesting that shot.
    That is what I thought as well.

Two missed goaltending calls, one on each team.

Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Before the LSU player ever touched the ball (on then initial shot), the Ky player went up through the goal and net, hitting the rim, while the shot was up. I thought that was considered defensive goal tending, before the offensive tip.
    I thought that as well, but one of the announcers said only if the ball was in the cylinder. At least that's what I thought he said. I'm sure someone on DBR knows that rule. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I thought that as well, but one of the announcers said only if the ball was in the cylinder. At least that's what I thought he said. I'm sure someone on DBR knows that rule. GoDuke!
    From what I remember, it could still be defensive goaltending if grabbing the net/rim caused the basked to move as the shot was coming in. But that's a subjective judgment call for the ref, one of the reasons you can't review it on replay.

Admittedly, whether a ball was in the cylinder or not when touched is pretty objective, so probably no reason they couldn't add that to allowable review in the last few minutes. Unfortunately that just means the amount of video review continues to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    From what I remember, it could still be defensive goaltending if grabbing the net/rim caused the basked to move as the shot was coming in. But that's a subjective judgment call for the ref, one of the reasons you can't review it on replay.

Admittedly, whether a ball was in the cylinder or not when touched is pretty objective, so probably no reason they couldn't add that to allowable review in the last few minutes. Unfortunately that just means the amount of video review continues to grow.
    I think we can all agree that replay disrupts the flow of the game, makes the already too long game even longer, and attempts to remove the human element from the game.

Except of course, when the reviews go OUR way in a tight game, in which case it is crucial to get the call correct at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I think we can all agree that replay disrupts the flow of the game, makes the already too long game even longer, and attempts to remove the human element from the game.

Except of course, when the reviews go OUR way in a tight game, in which case it is crucial to get the call correct at all costs.
    Bingo. That pretty well sums it up for most fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post

The "off the backboard" caveat here may also apply if it's a lay-up as the ball may still be on the way "up" off the glass and not headed "down" toward the basket but certainly not be in the cylinder yet. From watching several replays, I'm not sure but it's pretty close. In this case, or any case for that matter, what's to stop a defender from grabbing the net/rim/backboard as the shot is taken?

Duke has the possibility of ending the regular season with win streaks against every ACC school. UNC, Syracuse, and VT are the losses to avenge.

I just have to say, the concept and execution of this threat exemplifies the hilarious majesty of this entire forum.

Duke's magic number for the ACCT #1 seed v. UVA is 5.

Paranoia will destroy ya. Am I Wright?

George is back in town driving his Nova

I jinxed it...