Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 517
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Looks like the Bol Bol era is over at Oregon almost before it even began. The 7-2 freshmen has a stress fracture in his foot and it appears he will not play at all this season. He's been out since mid-December with foot pain. Dude was averaging better than 21 ppg and close to 10 rpg when he got hurt. What a pity for the already sucky Pac 12. This was the one reason (other than your love of Bobby) to pay any attention to that imposter of a major conference.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Looks like the Bol Bol era is over at Oregon almost before it even began. The 7-2 freshmen has a stress fracture in his foot and it appears he will not play at all this season. He's been out since mid-December with foot pain. Dude was averaging better than 21 ppg and close to 10 rpg when he got hurt. What a pity for the already sucky Pac 12. This was the one reason (other than your love of Bobby) to pay any attention to that imposter of a major conference.
    Jason, do you like the Pac 12? Just wondering.



    - Chillin

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Looks like the Bol Bol era is over at Oregon almost before it even began. The 7-2 freshmen has a stress fracture in his foot and it appears he will not play at all this season. He's been out since mid-December with foot pain. Dude was averaging better than 21 ppg and close to 10 rpg when he got hurt. What a pity for the already sucky Pac 12. This was the one reason (other than your love of Bobby) to pay any attention to that imposter of a major conference.
    Are you talking about the conference of champions? 🤔


    Isnít that what Bill Walton calls it?

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem

    Every day things change, but basically they stay the same

    Seems Karl Hess continues to have, shall we say, "issues." This time he seems to want a piece of Scott Padgett (all 6'9" 280 lbs. of him).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Alabama 77, Kentucky 75

    Alabama tried their best to give the game away at the end but they managed to hold on for the win.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Westport, CT
    Watching St. John's v Georgetown. Old school. St. John's is for real. Going into OT now in DC.
    I must admit, I am a bit concerned about the potential symmetry of St. John's coming into Cameron in February as the last non-conference team to beat us at home.
    Go Duke!

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Alabama 77, Kentucky 75

    Alabama tried their best to give the game away at the end but they managed to hold on for the win.
    Yep, that was a pretty good effort by Alabama to give the game away at the end. I thought it was kind of nice though that the Kentucky fans got to see numerous shots of John Pelphrey on the Alabama bench - just in case they'd forgotten about another Kentucky game he played in

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    Watching St. John's v Georgetown. Old school.
    Those Georgetown uniforms and sneakers are anything but!

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Forest Hills, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    Watching St. John's v Georgetown. Old school. St. John's is for real. Going into OT now in DC.
    I must admit, I am a bit concerned about the potential symmetry of St. John's coming into Cameron in February as the last non-conference team to beat us at home.
    Go Duke!
    Iíve been posting about this for a few weeks. This team is for real. Strong guard play, for one thing.

    Chris making serious use of the transfer/JUCO channel.

    Iíve also noted that I am a prof and business division head here at SJ. The buzz on campus has not been at this level for years.

    BTW, I was also thinking old school Big East.

  10. #90
    I had forgotten that Shayok had transferred from Virginia.

    But I had no idea that he was such an offensive weapon for Iowa State and was leading the Big 12 in scoring!

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I had forgotten that Shayok had transferred from Virginia.

    But I had no idea that he was such an offensive weapon for Iowa State and was leading the Big 12 in scoring!
    Y’know what they say — the only guy who can keep Marial Shayok under 19 PPG is Tony Bennett.



    (J/k)
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yíknow what they say ó the only guy who can keep Marial Shayok under 19 PPG is Tony Bennett.



    (J/k)
    Thank you for reminding me of my love/hate relationship with Dan Dakich. Seriously.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Wait, Green Bay beat Cleveland State today? I thought swofford had them on probation.

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  14. #94
    I doubt this will actually happen, but you can make a case right now that the Pac-12 deserves ZERO at-large bids to the NCAA tournament. The highest kenpom team is Oregon at 43, well below the number that essentially guarantees an at-large bid. Next closest is 55.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Clifton, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    Yep, that was a pretty good effort by Alabama to give the game away at the end. I thought it was kind of nice though that the Kentucky fans got to see numerous shots of John Pelphrey on the Alabama bench - just in case they'd forgotten about another Kentucky game he played in
    Yes! Letís all take a moment to reflect on John Pelphreyís final game in a Wildcat uniform. 😊

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    Yes! Let’s all take a moment to reflect on John Pelphrey’s final game in a Wildcat uniform. ��
    What John Pelphry has never learned is that losing that game is the only reason anyone outside of Kentucky even knows his name. If UK won that game, the great Duke dynasty that they almost beat - wouldn't have been the great Duke dynasty. Just been another exciting regional final where the upset winner got blitzed in the Final Four.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Juggernaut Nevada took their undefeated prospects into The Pit and got abused by 27 points, ouch. KenPom has New Mexico as the #145 team...

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    The Nevada loss is welcome news as it all but ensures they arenít going to be interfering with our seeding now.

    Also, donít look now but Michigan is looking dominant again against Indiana, up 16 in the first half.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    The Nevada loss is welcome news as it all but ensures they arenít going to be interfering with our seeding now.

    Also, donít look now but Michigan is looking dominant again against Indiana, up 16 in the first half.
    Michigan might well be the top team so far....they are for real. But I like our chances to be better later on...
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  20. #100
    Looks like Azubuike is done for the season at KU. Tough break for the kid and big blow to KU's chances moving forward:

    Azubuike Tweet.jpg
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 International Basketball Thread
    By awhom111 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 12-17-2018, 10:43 PM
  2. 2018-19 Basketball catch all thread
    By MarkD83 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 11-19-2018, 12:14 AM
  3. 2018 Basketball Recruiting Thread
    By Duke95 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2886
    Last Post: 08-09-2018, 06:53 PM
  4. NCAA 2018 Tournament Map
    By pfrduke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 04-03-2018, 12:31 AM
  5. NCAA 2018 Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight
    By brevity in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 03-25-2018, 03:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •