Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    They also have the No. 1 recruiting class in the country coming in next year according to 247. Looks like Sean Miller is going to escape from this mess scot-free, somehow.
    I dunno... the NCAA is sniffing around Kansas, Arizona and a few other Adidas schools. Something nasty could still come out of this.

I'm hoping Arizona gets slapped and we can get Nico Manion as our PG for next year
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I dunno... the NCAA is sniffing around Kansas, Arizona and a few other Adidas schools. Something nasty could still come out of this.

I'm hoping Arizona gets slapped and we can get Nico Manion as our PG for next year
    I agree that it does look like the NCAA is finally sniffing around Kansas and Arizona. It’s about time!

My only fear is that it won’t happen quickly enough to affect the 2019 recruits like Matthew Hurt. At least he’s waiting to commit until Spring. Here’s to hoping that the NCAA expedites this investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    UCLA and Zona have lost a combined 12 of their last 13 games. Ugly.
    Chase Jeter is almost certainly the best player on Arizona... think about that for a minute.
    They also have the No. 1 recruiting class in the country coming in next year according to 247. Looks like Sean Miller is going to escape from this mess scot-free, somehow.
    So there is a draft for recruits, and Miller is doing so badly this year, he got a bunch of high recruit draft picks for next year?

How come that didn't work for Danny Manning?

Ruh roh...here comes Izzo

MSU whips Michigan 77-70 today AT Michigan. So my question is (I didn't see the game and watch very little B1G hoops) - should we start to be a little more worried about MSU...or a little less worried about Michigan...or some of both?

Michigan State beat Michigan at home today. And Villanova was upset by unranked Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    should we start to be a little more worried about MSU...or a little less worried about Michigan...or some of both?
    I would suppose more of the latter. Michigan was hot early in the season but opponents seem to be figuring them out. With that said, I also think we were a little too quick to write off MSU after the injuries to Langford and Ward. They’re still in the mix and could be a really dangerous 2 or 3 seed especially if Ward comes back.

Michigan and MSU

MSU whips Michigan 77-70 today AT Michigan. So my question is (I didn't see the game and watch very little B1G hoops) - should we start to be a little more worried about MSU...or a little less worried about Michigan...or some of both?
    I watch some Big Ten, especially MSU. Both teams are tough and will be difficult #2s, I think. Neither team has a player that looks to me like a future NBA starter, but they have a bunch of good college players and play together, especially on defense. So be prepared to be worried about both for now and worry about whichever team is in Duke's bracket.

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere I don’t think, but Texas Tech rained threes and beat Kansas by 29 last night too.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I watch some Big Ten, especially MSU. Both teams are tough and will be difficult #2s, I think. Neither team has a player that looks to me like a future NBA starter, but they have a bunch of good college players and play together, especially on defense. So be prepared to be worried about both for now and worry about whichever team is in Duke's bracket.
    That game hurt me bad... Michigan had everything going their way, up 6 about five minutes into the second half, and then spontaneously decided to stop exploiting our advantage inside. Then MSU got a few nice calls, a few nice bounces, and Winston put it away.

As far as how to view the B1G... I think this result all but ensures there won’t be a 1 seed from the conference. I think Michigan is still the more scary team in March, IF we can rediscover our offensive mojo which has been gone the last month. Michigan has 6 guys who can put up 10-15 points a game, while with the injuries MSU is basically Winston plus some shooters. But as much as it pains me to say, Winston is a star at the collegiate level. Both teams are similarly good defensively (MSU was spectacular today), but Michigan is more likely to catch fire offensively in the tourney as things currently stand. Plus, without a true big man Duke can match up really well with MSU and run our switch everything D. That would be harder against Michigan and the 7-1 Teske.

I guarantee MSU is gonna start getting a ton of “talking head” love as a dark horse, especially if Ward comes back healthy. But they’re a much easier team to shut down defensively because of their reliance on Winston. No one wants to face the Michigan team of November/December, and Beilein has the offensive chops to figure that out over the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I was hoping the injuries would keep knocking MSU back...but it appears they are capable of outstanding performances.

Michigan

That game hurt me bad... Michigan had everything going their way, up 6 about five minutes into the second half, and then spontaneously decided to stop exploiting our advantage inside. Then MSU got a few nice calls, a few nice bounces, and Winston put it away.

As far as how to view the B1G... I think this result all but ensures there won’t be a 1 seed from the conference. I think Michigan is still the more scary team in March, IF we can rediscover our offensive mojo which has been gone the last month. Michigan has 6 guys who can put up 10-15 points a game, while with the injuries MSU is basically Winston plus some shooters. But as much as it pains me to say, Winston is a star at the collegiate level. Both teams are similarly good defensively (MSU was spectacular today), but Michigan is more likely to catch fire offensively in the tourney as things currently stand. Plus, without a true big man Duke can match up really well with MSU and run our switch everything D. That would be harder against Michigan and the 7-1 Teske.

I guarantee MSU is gonna start getting a ton of “talking head” love as a dark horse, especially if Ward comes back healthy. But they’re a much easier team to shut down defensively because of their reliance on Winston. No one wants to face the Michigan team of November/December, and Beilein has the offensive chops to figure that out over the last few weeks.
    Michigan’s offense was horrible in the last 10 minutes. Couldn’t run a successful pick and roll and once the lead got to 8 or so, Michigan took some very bad shots. The two threes by Poole (the second one was crazy) made it close, but still . . .

The Streak will be on the line tonight. Kansas takes on KSt in Lawrence. KSt is 2 full games up on the Jayhawks in the B12 standings. Sorta impossible to imagine KSt blowing that lead if they win at Kansas.

But, if Kansas manages to win tonight I think they have a legit shot at winning the B12 again. They still have road games left @Ok and @OkSt, but the 'Homas are two of the worst teams in the B12. After that, it is a home game with Baylor so it is not unreasonable to think that Kansas will run the table.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The Streak will be on the line tonight. Kansas takes on KSt in Lawrence. KSt is 2 full games up on the Jayhawks in the B12 standings. Sorta impossible to imagine KSt blowing that lead if they win at Kansas.

But, if Kansas manages to win tonight I think they have a legit shot at winning the B12 again. They still have road games left @Ok and @OkSt, but the 'Homas are two of the worst teams in the B12. After that, it is a home game with Baylor so it is not unreasonable to think that Kansas will run the table.
    The game that kept Kansas alive might've been the escape at TCU. The Frogs really cheesed it in the last minute....had it won, let them off the hook.

I fully expect that Kansas will (somehow) still win the conference. I have no faith in Kansas St and Texas Tech to not blow another game or two, and KU will definitely run the table.

Oh, I'm all in on this game. The Kansas streak is incredible - I'd rank it right up there as most amazing active streaks next to our noncon home winning streak.

This feels like a KU team on the ropes. Haven't watched them much (caught a bit of the Texas Tech game), so my take is totally anecdotal. But a win over a rival can really inject life into a team - especially when it's a true rivalry like this one. If KU wins this game, I could easily see them winning out, although if I were a betting man (...) I'd probably bet on this being the year the streak ends.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    I fully expect that Kansas will (somehow) still win the conference. I have no faith in Kansas St and Texas Tech to not blow another game or two, and KU will definitely run the table.
    Kinda my take too....Kansas now lives rent free in the heads of every other BB program in the B12...they will find a way to lose so Kansas can keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Oh, I'm all in on this game. The Kansas streak is incredible - I'd rank it right up there as most amazing active streaks next to our noncon home winning streak.

This feels like a KU team on the ropes. Haven't watched them much (caught a bit of the Texas Tech game), so my take is totally anecdotal. But a win over a rival can really inject life into a team - especially when it's a true rivalry like this one. If KU wins this game, I could easily see them winning out, although if I were a betting man (...) I'd probably bet on this being the year the streak ends.

- Chillin
    The streak may be more a commentary on the League than on Kansas...

Kinda my take too...Kansas now lives rent free in the heads of every other BB program in the B12...they will find a way to lose so Kansas can keep it going.
    Although this is well said, I just feel like this year is different. Unlike other seasons, this Kansas team is too depleted and the current roster just isn’t very good. Texas Tech is playing great. Until the day comes when the Jayhawks control its own destiny, I have high hopes for a new champ.

And now I just jinxed it...

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Although this is well said, I just feel like this year is different. Unlike other seasons, this Kansas team is too depleted and the current roster just isn’t very good. Texas Tech is playing great. Until the day comes when the Jayhawks control its own destiny, I have high hopes for a new champ.

And now I just jinxed it...
    I hope you're right...(not about the jinx, about the other). I kind of think that too....but I just can't officially say so because I've seen too many B12 teams melt down.

I hope you're right...(not about the jinx, about the other). I kind of think that too...but I just can't officially say so because I've seen too many B12 teams melt down.
    Also, Bruce Weber doesn't exactly instill confidence.